Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got one canadian coming down with a husky 501 to do the utbdr and cobdr. Official dates now sep 13-29. 16 days of riding. Now just to prep the bike and trailer. Any recommendations on checking wr wheel spokes? Have a set of 760 trackmasters, good for this kind of ride or stick with the 50/50 244 270? Have done this once on mt21 606 combo, once on 244 front and rear. Both worked fine.
  2. MarkM

MarkM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding the UTBDR with my wife from the southern border to Moab starting around Sept. 18. Look for us riding 2UP on a 1200GS (see my avatar).
  3. bryce1552

bryce1552 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm I'll have to keep an eye out at first glance I thought it was an f6b, never even heard of the bike until now might be worth keeping an eye out. I like the look.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  4. motogramps

motogramps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Three of us from S.E. Iowa will be at Silverton Lakes campground Co. 2nd week Sept. and Slickrock campground Moab 3rd week Sept.
    Sounds like we will be in the same area at the same time. Will have to keep an eye out for Mo. plated bikes.
    Will be riding the Adventure Palooza the following week.
  5. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, weather will be perfect for this. Now to go work on bikes and trailer to get ready.
  6. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who trues rims in st louis area? Is this something for a local dealer or do I send rims out to a wheel guy like woodys? Noticed my front rim has some loose spokes after trying to balance last tire, would not balance and spokes sound lower that the others. Guess it is time to true both rims before my trip, looking for local shop or someone with a stand and spoke torque wrench. Suggestions?
  7. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a sample of the riding south of I-44 in South Central Missouri 20190825_122546_resized_1.jpg
  8. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife is looking for a vacation home cabin.jpg
    zoid, MizzouRider and Noodles12 like this.
  9. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing special so any shop could do it, but don't know if any do. (Steve Wiedau at Motoeuropa KTM is where I'd start, if I where looking.) Don't be afraid to try it yourself. I have a truing stand and have done it and I'm no genius. And no I'm not interested in doing anyone else's, just my own. Before I had a stand I'd clamp the axle in a vice and mount a indicator to the work bench. Don't have a spoke torque wrench either………...but I've seen one.
  10. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri I'm fast but I ain't no BigDog!!!

Oddometer:
    ...is it true???...Sieg is no genius???....and he's way smarter than me-:jack
    SO if he can do it and I can do it, I'd bet you can do it too. If you get the spoke wrench and/or spoke torque wrench and can't figure it out after a couple Youtube videos...ride over to my place and I'll probably be able to show you how. I can probably just do it on the bike (with a stand of course) which is the campground-picnic-table method.

If you are struggling with the spokes I'm wondering what your wheel bearings are like...When was the last time you changed them Oh2ridemore???? Really changed them...that's what I thought. LOL---
    I'd consider pulling the wheels and doing it all at once and that WR will be ready to go.

I "might" be in Colorado the 13th-15th for the Hot Rod Hill Climb in Central City. If you can ride through Sat or Sun you'd like it. http://hotrodhillclimb.com
    HOTRODHILLCLIMB.jpg
    There are some great/epic dirt routes to get you there and its a great stop along the mountains...if you're into epic mountain roads, scenery and all that stuff...I was there on my CB500X.

Scott
    6D51E7F2-14CF-471D-A843-6FC99F0DC672.jpeg C227D8FD-D1A2-401F-9220-106226C0B035.jpeg D88BA63D-CD0A-4AB1-821D-32E4C45B0AF8.jpeg 7E4698F8-AE72-409C-AF78-B8938E247AB0.jpeg 8FD13D9E-0FAA-43C6-BB44-A4229A7EE790.jpeg
  11. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Scott, you are probably right. Ordering bearings just in case and new seals. Will strip down bike this week and check wheels.
    Scott in Missouri likes this.
  12. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    We get some complaints about rocks in the trails at the Show Me 200 ride. So Linda and I moved one of them this weekend.
    20190822_132157.jpg 20190822_133952.jpg
  13. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got back from doing the pre-ride of the MTRA National Dual Sport in Bixby Missouri.

There are a lot of changes to the route this year and I’d say they are for the better. I know I had fun and I’m a fat 72 year old great grandpa.

I know there are a few openings left so if you haven’t signed up I’d do so now.
    Even if you procrastinate you can probably still get in the day of the ride.
    mo_rider and sieg like this.
  14. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    Entry form and payment is in the mail! Excited to make it this year.
    sieg likes this.
  15. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    ejs and sieg like this.
  16. redneckK20

redneckK20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I work at Haden's Motorsports up in Frankford (about an hour and a half north of STL), we can take care of it for you if you can't find anyone more local. I'd bet on probably an hour and a half to two hours labor if you bring in just the wheels, at $80 an hour.
  17. A_SAPPER

A_SAPPER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scott, How long did it take to you get the spokes on the CB500X trued up?
  18. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri I'm fast but I ain't no BigDog!!!

Oddometer:
    Oh2RideMore--- Looks like you will have plenty of company in Colorado during your trip.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/16th...breckenridge-co-september-13-15-2019.1365969/

Those CB500X spokes can be a real pain...But easy to fix a flat. :thumb
  19. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, have been in steamboat springs last couple times I rode through. Lots of big adventure bikes on the trails. Might check it out. Always amazed seeing people swing those big bikes at altitude.
  20. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know a few of you guys are interested in civil war stuff. Saw this at a KATY trail stop the other day. I’m thinking about it. 2020.
    IMG_2123.JPG
    MCRIDER1959 and GotFog like this.