Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Speeding ticket in MO. Greetings MO-Riders. Fairly new to Missouri, I've been here about a year now. Speeding through Lone Jack on 50 Highway on my way to a nephew's birthday party in Kansas City I was nailed by a local L. J. LEO. 85 in a 65 zone. In Calif. there is a program whereby you take "traffic school" and avoid points or reporting to insurance. Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.
  2. ed gaines

ed gaines Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use traffic law center, no points no court, just hand out the money.
  3. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife and I took a trip to Arkansas with daughter and son-in-law. Favorite road going south was 125 from Strafford, MO, which comes out at the Arkansas border crossing Bull Shoals lake on the Peel Ferry. In my opinion 125 has to be one of the top street bike road in Missouri, any other nominations Peel ferry.png FB_IMG_1567524813856_resized.jpg
    Ed M, eemsreno, MCRIDER1959 and 4 others like this.
  4. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    Lone Jack has a reputation. Them and some the municipalities on I70 close to St.Louis love the revenue enhancement.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  5. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    I rode some of 125 on Sunday. Didn't go all the way to the ferry this time though. Bull Shoals is full of water.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  6. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Contact court clerk or prosecutor and see if the speeding ticket can be changed to non moving.

Sometimes the they will require you to work through an attorney. They will do the same thing. Change it a non moving. Double the fine.
    sieg likes this.
  7. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While I have not rode the northern part of 125, it is good going down to the Peel Ferry. You were on 160 for a small stretch and it is outstanding from that point west to Kissee Mills. You must have had a great ride.
  8. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great ride through there. I heard the other day that one of those lakes down there has been at flood stage most of the summer. Campgrounds are under water etc.. Now I can’t remember which one it is. I think it’s Bull Shoals.
    Feels like a hundred years ago when I was down there.
    [​IMG]
    MCRIDER1959 likes this.
  9. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Despite having a clean driving record for 20+ years I don't trust insurance to not raise my rates.
    ed gaines likes this.
  10. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, I'm willing to double amount paid out now to avoid points, higher insurance rates. The traffic school program in CA costs double or more, plus a few hours on-line "training" but then no points, etc. I had a CDL for a few years while driving truck in CA and with that license traffic school was not allowed. Thanks for the tips. I'll use Traffic Law Center.
  11. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    I also have called the court clerk to convert to non moving violation in il before, made it a 250$ fine, but still cheaper than lawyer.
  12. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fwiw, in NC i used a local lawyer. I ended up paying him $125 he got the ticket thrown out of court with nothing on my record, dismissed. The ticket was going to be $250. your results may vary.
  13. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    I crossed Bull Shoals at Forsyth on 76.Campground on one side was partially submerged.All the grass was dead. Campground on the other side just had tops of the pavilions showing.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  14. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hired them and it's supposed to be no points, no court, $250. I'll keep you posted. Hearing delayed for a month or so.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  15. ed gaines

ed gaines Adventurer

Oddometer:
    same here was 100 to lawyer and 100 to court, they changed it to littering. took 6 months to get it done.
  16. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hah, littering, that's a new one for traffic court! When I was a kid, but 18, I was arrested for pissing on a lawn. Cop wanted to charge me with indecent exposure; Judge laughed, changed it to littering, $1 fine, $4 court cost. But that was 1971.
  17. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    Selling my 18' Wenonah Kevlar Sundowner - $1300.

Normal scratches on the bottom, no patches. Always stored inside.

Has sliding seats bow & stern, ash yoke and black trim.

Big tripping boat, bow rises well and tracks very straight - 0 rocker. Not exactly a beginner boat, but not hard to master.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MizzouRider and yosso like this.
  18. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey still some openings to the Show Me ADV Ride. I got there early to get a good camp spot.
    20190910_191932.jpg 20190910_192015.jpg
  19. dgjackson40

dgjackson40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of Arlo Guthrie Alices Resturant!
    Noodles12 and ed gaines like this.
  20. BillsburgGS

BillsburgGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Matches my experience here in MO last year. Ticket for 60 in a 45mph. Paid $250 to internet law firm recommended by a friend and 4 weeks later received my court confirmation that I had paid my parking ticket for something like $150. No insurance points or impact. It’s real money, but it’s easy.