Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mwolff

mwolff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just notified by the law firm and it will be cleared after I pay the local court $220. Pricey but worth it the longer term.
    katbeanz likes this.
  2. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haven't had need of ticket fixing lately, not in much of a hurry about anything since retiring. :-) Aimee G. with Truman Tickets did me right a few times, here's some info someone might care to bookmark.

https://aimeetheattorney.com/local-courts/ No affiliation.
  3. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    16FC9E2C-8941-4CE4-BF3E-0C14A61A000E.jpeg 0BD2500D-171B-459F-AB78-CBB11CBFAB21.jpeg 3857A24F-3E56-47C0-B6E9-0C21D0A327E5.jpeg 32849475-BFEF-4BAA-885C-BBD79CB98B94.jpeg Went to the Show Me 200/500 in Bixby today. What a great ride and turnout. I think they had about 85 riders.
    I was out on the twisties chasing down some kid on a WR...I’d get close and then fall back...later I finally caught the WR!!! It was Siegi!!!
    She was working hard serving food for the lunch stop. Sieg and his two new knees were out on the woods holding up well. A very nice day.

Scott

...we now return you to the Missouri speeding ticket forum...
    Ed M, TonyKZ1, justdirtyfun and 4 others like this.
  4. cfootball73

cfootball73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did anyone make it to the Lake of the Ozarks for bike fest? Saw a few BMWs, an Africa Twin and one lonely klr. Everything else was Harley’s
    MizzouRider and TonyKZ1 like this.
  5. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't know anything about it. When was it? Over the past weekend I'd assume? If so, I was at our county fair helping my wife with her Art Gallery's "Paint for a Cause" booth. Were there many people there? A lot of Harley's? sounds it still could have been a good time.
  6. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we went by fri afternoon didnt count but row went for a mile or two... how was your COLO> trip??
  7. cfootball73

cfootball73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They claim 90,000 bikes show up for it. Idk how close that number is to being true but they definitely take over the lake for the weekend. It’s always in the middle of September.

Colorado went good until I had a trip ending breakdown in Durango and had to rent a truck and haul the bike back. Still got 1600 miles in though.
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  8. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    For anyone at the show me 200 who witnessed my trail side shift lever repair.... Stock compared to the one I hit with a crescent wrench for 10 Mins....

IMG_20190922_170214.jpg
    IMG_20190922_170224.jpg
    sieg likes this.
  9. The Tallguy

The Tallguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    RE: LOTO Bike Fest
    I was there with my Tiger and my buddy with his BMW. We have places walking distance of the strip so we left bikes in the garages. Good crowd of bikes, riders all having a good time, great live music all weekend long.
  10. RiverRatRider

RiverRatRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last weekend I was riding through St Paul, AR to camp at Mulberry Mountain and as I was gasing up at St Paul I noticed they are building a Dollar General Store next to the old gas station. I'm not sure how you feel but that's going to kill that little Gas Station and the Snack Shack
  11. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been there done that, this spring.
    A few miles from there is the restaurant that the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" was filmed at. We had fried green tomatoes there. :jack
  13. iclimbrocks2

iclimbrocks2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am wanting to hone my enduro/trials skills. I currently have very little of these skills. Anyone interested in trying to do this as well? I ride solo usually, but this makes it risky to push my limits and learn. I will probably be at St. Joe or Ride Organic MX Friday/Saturday.
    sieg and mo_rider like this.
  14. mo_rider

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in general to find a riding buddy in the STL area to do more trail and Enduro type stuff with. This weekend I'll be in Arkansas on the Rally at the Rock ride in Combs finding as much gnarly stuff as I can to break in this new TE300i. They have space if you're still available. Hell, you could ride with me down there in my truck if you wanted.
  15. iclimbrocks2

iclimbrocks2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When are you leaving? I have a couple of projects I was planning to work on this weekend. Let me see if those are going to pan out, and make sure my wife doesn't have anything planned.
  16. mo_rider

Oddometer:
    Taking to private message.
  17. lbever

lbever IAMX454

Oddometer:
    I am heading for the Falling Leaf Rally this weekend and would love to ride some dirt, Does anybody have the GPS tracks from the National Dual Sport ride that would be willing to send them to me.
  18. sieg

Oddometer:
    We don't give out the tracks, we have groups leaders that take riders through the course. The course runs on several private owner's land by written permission and by special use permit on National Forest land for that weekend only. Our member volunteers work hard to clear the course and put the event on. Buck up and support fellow motorcyclists and come to the event next year.
    justdirtyfun, MizzouRider and WRW9751 like this.
  19. lbever

lbever IAMX454

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Certainly was not looking to poach private ground. Just looking for some legal dirt riding from fellow inmates.

FYI, I understand our comment about "Bucking up". I have been "bucking up" for the sport for 40 years. I have put in hundreds of hours clearing trail for Enduro and Hare scramble events that our club has put on since the 1970's, I am a charter AMA life member. I have supported clubs in Missouri and around the country for decades through my participation in Motocross, Hare Scrambles, Enduros, Dual Sport rides and Rallies.

Keep up the good work and hopefully I can make it to your event next year.
  20. sieg

Oddometer:
    Besides Flatriver (ST. Joe State Park.) there isn't much legal pubic off road dirt riding in the area, but there is an abundance of great gravel and lesser used two track in the Mark Twain NF. Head southwest from Potosi and you'll find plenty of that. :nod

BTW A group of us have been riding that area since last Thursday, one last day today, then we're all heading home tomorrow. Some of them are new to the area and were impressed with what we have.