Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    YELP!!!!
  2. BradB.

BradB. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool! Thanks a lot, Scott. Yes, my GS is all farkled and shiny. And damn, I do have Klim gear. I feel like such a poser now. But I just washed off the grit from a few days of Kentucky backroads all the way to Mammoth Cave and back. So it's time to get it dirty again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Time to get lost, I guess.
  3. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys going to the Skunkwerks Middle of the Map rally this weekend?

https://m.facebook.com/events/2271409373169056

I just pulled in.....Linda and I are the first ones there.....as usual......and we'll be the last to leave.
    Scott in Missouri likes this.
  4. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri I'm fast but I ain't no BigDog!!!

Oddometer:

I had this marked and totally forgot Sieg...Thanks for posting a reminder. I'll probably try to get down Friday or Sunday for at least a visit, but may call you or Linda to figure exactly what's happening.
  5. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a good time. Also look around for the creek roads of warren County. Massas, lost Creek, charrette Creek run between hwy 70 and hwy 94 basically and are decent.
    If you have a full day for exploring Calhoun County in Illinois is another fun place.
    BradB., solo650, Noodles12 and 3 others like this.
  6. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It!

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike Scott, looks brand spanking new (temp plate is a dead giveaway!), and what a beauty. What do you think of it so far?
  7. stlskybob

stlskybob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Last tip- Get a new bike all farkled out and shined up. Buy lots of Klim gear and fancy electronic stuff. Go to an event and find the bikes that look exactly the same...and stay away from them. Now, find the guy riding a 12+ year old DR650 covered in mud and bunji cords...follow him. Guarantee you'll have a good time."

This has got to be some of the best advice ever given!
  8. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri I'm fast but I ain't no BigDog!!!

Oddometer:
    Well, well, well....Camel Bill!!!

You know Bill... if you want a dirt bike- buy something else. If you want a touring bike- buy something else. If you want a hot rod- Buy this. It makes you smile when you ride it. It's not a fast bike-It's a powerful bike. Everywhere you touch the throttle it pulls hard. Wheelies under 20 mph and sideways dirt roosters at any speed. Brakes are kinda of...well...AMAZING. It's like you built a bike with a huge motor and awesome brakes...and then put on lights so it was legal. The cool thing is there is not one thing you can take off this bike- Bare bones, pure motorcycle- I consider it art that I can ride to town. And such high quality, I was shocked really.

I am planning on riding it to visit Sieg and Siegi tomorrow in Bixby at the MOM Rally...since it will be 68 degrees and sunshine. Good to hear from you and hope to see you soon Camel Bill.
    A3767D49-B397-4B5D-BEEF-A8420D86B320.jpeg
    I did need these to sit up though...rider preference.
    FF7D3BCF-C855-43BA-A40B-4080301E03BC.jpeg
    TonyKZ1 and MarkM like this.
  9. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    A little Eastern Missouri riding today. If nobody goes out and rides the sea road from St Mary's down to cape Girardeau they're really missing out on a treat. You can spend all day riding the gravel roads over by the Mississippi. I really love that area. some roads end up being a turn around but there's a lot you can just track and go they go right through farms or some dairy country it's pretty hit it sometimes guys. Honestly one of my favorite rides in the area. IMG_20191028_102432492_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_102437057_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_111516963_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_111520843_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_115935410_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_115942152_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_122543244_HDR.jpg
  10. stlskybob

stlskybob Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    That catches a bunch of it. I was just turning and burning for the most part. I really enjoy that area. Don't be afraid to deviate. There is gravel that turns to tarmac and back to gravel. Literally cutting thru farms that operate on both sides of the road. Towards the South end at trail of tears the options run out and you are on road.

Get after it
    Noodles12 and stlskybob like this.
  12. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts Supporter

Oddometer:
    anyone that's been through the ozarks has passed through Emince and ate at The Dairy Shack, well last night it burnt down, I've had the pleasure of meeting several ADV riders there, gonna miss it, hope they rebuild.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shoot! Sorry to see that. I’ve been by there many times.
  14. eemsreno

eemsreno Super Tenere Rider.

Oddometer:
    Bummer . I just ate there a couple weeks ago.
  15. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts Supporter

Oddometer:
    looks like It'll be back !

16. stlskybob

stlskybob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GotFog likes this.
  17. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi SKB,
    Been there and I agree with you. Did you check out the old slave house across the street. Always thought it would be a good tag, just for that reason.
  18. stlskybob

stlskybob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GotFog likes this.
  19. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was browsing around and found this blast from the past video.
    Pucky huddle before it burned down.
    Man what a great day this was.
    ""
    Bhart89, stlskybob, g steezy and 2 others like this.
  20. N10S

N10S Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Made a run down Massas Creek then back up 94 to Lost Creek and up and out Low Gap road late afternoon. Beautiful day. I live off of Schuetzenground which turns into Charrette Creek road and am fortunate to have all of this in my back yard. I had not been down Massas For a long while and couldn’t believe the end segment of asphalt before you hit 94.

Unfortunately all of the old creek roads have been improved especially compared to the days I used to ride my Suzuki TS 250 on those roads in the mid 70’s. I am sure the folks that live in the middle of those roads probably appreciate it though. It’s still fun to ride or drive these roads regardless, especially in the fall. I hope they don’t improve the roads anymore for a while.
    MizzouRider and Noodles12 like this.