missouri state police(YIKES)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jjohnson24

jjohnson24 Any excuse to ride

Oddometer:
    I lived for many years in North Carolina. My attorney had a county by county ( in NC) list of attorneys that could get you out of a ticket for the right money. You didn't save money over the ticket amount but no points and no hassles. I'm sure such a list exists in every state. Just find out who the local one is and hire him or her.
  2. PulledOver.com

PulledOver.com Ride.

Oddometer:
    I cannot tell you how much I agree with everything up to the "but you of course."
  3. bvkamp

bvkamp agent provocateur

Oddometer:
    :spam
  4. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good opportunity for a group ride in the Ozarks. We'll set up camp just outside Lebonon county and wait for you to finish up in court. :viking :ksteve
  5. 2Laud 2Bro

2Laud 2Bro Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You're capable of riding that fast, but other drivers aren't prepared. :bueller

Dirt bike and go balls to the wall. :clap

Track bike and be smooth. :wave

Good luck with the ticket, I paid and learned.
  6. KDOGG

KDOGG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ark. Dry county-eight minutes to beer via gravel!
    F THEM F F'ERS
    I got a ticket in Illinois back in 88 and never paid! Of course you can NEVER go back but you know is that such a loss?:rofl
  7. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get a lawyer, I've been lucky enough to get three this summer in a pickup truck. One was 20 over, which I paid, about $100, but my insurance premium went up almost $50.
    In my experience the highway patrol are usually pretty cool, they might knock off a few miles per hour to keep you out of the big money, but 98 in a 70 in a noted speed trap, no way.
    KC metro and the suburbs don't cut you any slack, it's a revenue thing. They've got a new laser gun that my laser detector won't pick up, bastards.
    The other two I got were for 20 over and 16 over, cost me $625 for them to go away. These were all on a 4 lane divided highway posted 60???? that I drive twice a day for the last 24 years.
    Motorcycle cops don't give warnings, if you get pulled over it's a ticket. I believe more than 20 over the posted limit is a mandatory court appearance, so a lawyer is a real good idea.
    An appreciative client.:deal
  8. ride no evo

ride no evo Suck it Trebek

Oddometer:
    I find it odd that they say that you have to appear in court. In my experience if you want to plead guilty you just mail in the ticket with the money and hope your insurance doesnt go up.

As for the whole bad weather trucks and the road thing, that will only get you somewhere if he was using radar. The radar defense will only work if you can prove your position on the road in relation to said big rigs and the copper, also the trooper would most likely have to also agree to the traffic conditions unless the judge is a stinky liberal.

One thing with radar that you could think of is where the trooper was setup in relation to the road and your position on that road. Ideally some one using radar would want to be set up as close to the side of the road as possible. if say the guy was 100ft off the road the angle between you and him and the direction you are traveling can skew the reading on the radar(called declination I believe). Since the radar uses simple math to calculate your speed if you change one of the lengths in the triangle it can change the endl speed calculated.

Oh and if the guy was using a laser you are pretty much screwed unless the laser has not recently been calibrated or certified. Some new lasers dont need the calibration of the older ones as they has more of a fail safe self check system in that if they arent working properly they wont work at all. Also with laser you can be had at about a mile away, but some city attorneys will only prosecute cases where the distance is under a certain distance. This is due to the "how did you know my client was speeding at 4000ft away" kinda thing.

Good luck, and only speed on familiar roads, other wise keep it at 9over of less, trust me I know.

-Evo
  9. young skywalker

young skywalker Qual es fecha de hoy?

Oddometer:
    Be sure to mind your P's and Q's when travelling in in SouthWest (McDonald Co) MO as well...I can't even begin to tell you about my $350 "Passing on a hill or a curve" fine. And it was given to my by a pair of deputized fellas in a Nissan pickup that caught up as I pulled over to take break. I didn't even know I had done anything wrong...ten miles from the state line...
  10. 2Laud 2Bro

2Laud 2Bro Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Still learning.

Last night got a ticket for rolling slowly (2-4 mph) through a right turn on a just turned yellow light, in the officers opinion I should have stopped. Two hour driving course within 10 days and they will rip the ticket - no record.

Last ticket (speeding while passing a dumptruck on a two lane country road) was an administrative offense - no record, if paid within 10 days.

In two months I'm out $160 and 2+ hours of my time.

Both officers were doing me a favor and a service for the public. :topes