Missouri Swinging Bridges Ride April 19th-20th, 2008

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by ThumperDRZ, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ThumperDRZ

ThumperDRZ Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer:
    Here's the Garmin City Navigator North America 8 - Mapsource v6.13.4 gdb file exported as a gpx file. If you are current this route will come in as "Follow Road".......this is going to be a great ride......It is in 4 routes to keep points below 50 per route for us 60 series users.

Gas Stops.....I would make sure you have a 130 mile range. I called the stations and they said they have premium most of the time.

This is the distance between gas stops

Saturday

Start ...................0
    Hermann...............52 Top off for smaller tanks---(Thanks Buzzez)
    Meta Mini Mart.......83 and Lunch at Deli
    Devils Elbow..........102 BBQ

Sunday

Devils Elbow Start ....0
    Edgar Springs ..........35 Top off for smaller tanks (Premium ? here)
    Bunker ...................107
    Bixby .....................38 Lunch at the Bixby Country Store - They open at Noon
    St Clair ..................90
    Wentzville................55

This is a new file that removed the Farmer's field road....it did not remove the flooded out road below Montauk....got to keep some fun in.
    Try this file - if it doesn't work - try the next one.....:huh :lol3
  2. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    This file is a point to point file saved as a gpx....this will be for non-Garmin users and users that do not have at least City Navigator Version 8.....Somebody test this for me and let me know how it works out.
  3. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
  4. rjharris

rjharris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you post the menu choices for the lunch stops so we can plan on what to odrer?:dg
  5. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Hey Gary, I'm not coming to the ride (wish I was), but FYI I opened your file using my City Select v7, Mapsource v 6.13.6 and it opened as a "follow roads" route :dunno
    Surprised me too, as most .gpx files I open that have routes show direct routing only.
  6. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Attached are the Tracks for the entire route. These are great to have as a backup in case you miss a turn and the autoroute sends you off course. In your GPS you can turn Tracks on and off verifying your position.
  7. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    After I saw your file I started looking at how I could make it. No way. It's 400 miles just to Wentzville. Wife would be pissed if I took off for 4 days.
    I'm doing a street ride in Wisconsin in May, also the Enduraid dual sport in June.
    Terry has been down to AR at least twice since FCT last year, riding hard core shit with jgas and devrodirt.
    Hope to ride with you at FCT '08. Dennis is buying gear and tricking out the DR350 :D
  8. FZcruzer

FZcruzer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you all going to be hanging out at the Devils elbo bar that Saturday night? If so I might come out there and meet up with ya. They have very good BBQ MMMMMMMMM BBQ and beers.

Rob,
  9. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:

How's that Sweetwater BBQ in St. Robert? I did talk to them on the phone.
  10. FZcruzer

Oddometer:
    Sweet water is good also but is a franchise type of place. The Devils inn is a small bike bar and is the reason I thought you would have picked that area to stop. They have great BBQ IMO. The place is a Harley hang out but all are welcome, I have been there a cople of times. I have never been there on a Saturday night though and it might be pretty active. They have about 100 bras hanging from the ceiling, kind of a casual place. So if you want a quite place that has good BBQ Sweet Water would be the place. If you want Great BBQ and a biker atmosphere than the Devils Inn is the place to go.

Rob,
  11. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It!

Oddometer:
    Gary, I figured this is why you chose the are also. The Elbow Inn is full of character, and has some fantastic BBQ. The ribs just fall off the bone. This is definitely a biker friendly bar, we would have a great time and great food there. If you are looking for a place with character, this is it. We may even get to see some, um,:evil new trophies hung on the ceiling. The Elbow Inn phone number is 573-336-5375.
  12. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    I'm in! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Not sure how many people are coming but I'll say 20 to 40. I think I'll even reserve some of those ribs while I'm at it.........:dg
  13. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    so... Dinner Sat Night at the Elbow ?
  14. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    (Repeat post from the Central Thread)

Talked with Terry at the Elbow Inn for the BBQ Saturday Night....I told him 20 to 30 people and we'd be swinging through from about 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. (No pun intended) He asked that I give him a call when we are about an hour and a half out which would be between the last Swinging bridge and the hotel.

So somebody remind me....:D He said he'll have plenty of food.

Here's the phone number for the Elbow Inn in case there are groups out front and want to call ahead..ask for Terry..tell him you're with the Dual Sport group...he did ask if we were on Harley's...I said "Yes, but they'll be so muddy and dirty you won't recognize them" :evil ......Nah! Anyway here's the number.....573-336-5375
  15. FZcruzer

Oddometer:
    If I can help with the Elbow inn let me know, it is very local to me. Hope to meet some of ya.

Rob,
  16. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    From Swinging Bridges Thread: In Montauk you might want to head east (yellow tracks) to find MO YY to take you to K and run it south to Akers Ferry....at Akers Ferry you can pick up the route instead of trying to get across the river that Cannonshot posted pictures of. It still might be too high this early in the Spring. Plus there are a few overlooks on K that are amazing as you're looking down in the valley.

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
  17. Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty Pretty quiet. Mostly.

Oddometer:
    Dav.Iowa- Wishing I were up in da North Woods...

Is there an updated version of this gpx file available for download yet? This one doesn't appear to be available anymore?
    ...I'm still checking on availability for the ride. It looks like fun! :clap Hi Cannon! :D