Missouri Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by xathor, Oct 5, 2009.

1. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice tag M. What is the name of your puppy? Did it enjoy the ride?
    MizzouRider likes this.
  2. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s Kate. She now hops in the sidecar every time I pull the bike out of the garage. I hated making her sit in the sun for that last pic. It’s ok while we are moving, but pretty hot just sitting there. Still have to bolt on the windscreen I bought for the hack, and get her some doggles. It’s fun riding with her though. Thanks
  3. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    Might be tricky getting to the tag. Not sure. Washington river front is closed. (And you’ve still got to go west from here..
    IMG_1654.jpg
    GotFog likes this.
  4. GotFog

Oddometer:
    Lots of water everywhere. Hwy F; Hwy 94; mostly an inconvenience but still difficult.
  5. Timps27

Timps27 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just finished off my Phoenix to St. Charles ride with a stroll down 94. The water closures actually let me explore some ancillary roads that were quite nice! Would have grabbed a photo if I knew about this thread, will next time for sure!
    GotFog likes this.
  6. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    Can you grab your own tag? I went out Monday morning on two wheels! My vertigo is getting better! I am not super happy with this location.. So I grabbed it.
    [​IMG]
    GotFog likes this.
  7. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    I went over towards Bland. Found Bowen Cemetery Rd. Off of Mount Pleasant Rd. Bowen Cemetery RD is nice. Mount Pleasant Rd is flat with a hard base and deep loose gravel. I’d skip it next time.
    If I can’t grab my own tag it’s not a problem. I was happy to be on two wheels again.
    Looks like a great place to swim, in the background. I ended up caught in the rain on my way back. FYI, there must be two Bowen cemeteries, the tag is not in the town of Bowen.. Confusing for sure..
    [​IMG]
    GotFog likes this.
  8. RAGBrian

RAGBrian jonesing for a ride

Oddometer:
    NO. Absolutely not... :dirtdog

I was supposed to find it! :hide

:-)

I "think" I know where the "old" one is - based on the photos dropped and had planned on going for it over the Memorial weekend.
    Ended up working on motorcycle stuff instead, and then this past weekend was on a road trip with the wife to Texas.
    Thought I might be able to grab it and place a tag this weekend. I'd still stop by and see if I was correct.
    As for the current tag, I gotta go grab that one as well.

:clap
    MizzouRider and sieg like this.
  9. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    I’m serious.. I was just wanting a bit more interesting (challenging) tag. But if I’m not supposed to grab my own tag that’s fine. Grab that one from before. Right down the street from the caboose I used as a tag before (hint/clue). Ha! Hopefully you’ll get some dry weather. Hopefully the small town where the tag is, is still above the Missouri River! When I was there, it was obvious the the water level just over the Levy was at about it eye level..
    Hope I didn’t screw this up. I can go back and delete my posts on the last (now fake) tag..
    Jeff
  10. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    Nah, you're good. Leave em both up. With the recent crappy weather and river flooding it may be awhile to get a grab. Or maybe a double grab!
    MizzouRider likes this.
  11. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    20190609_105346.jpg One grab down. On the way to get the other one after a quick snack in Owensville.

EDIT: About this tag - this is on Main Street in New Haven. The John Colter Memorial is just down the street, and a certain railroad caboose has been used in the past for a photo tag.

Also in the area, is a certain distillery that has a really nice product line. Unfortunately, they weren't open yet to visit on this morning. I'll be back later...

Also grabbed a photo for the Post Office thread that I need to catch up on...

I walked over the levee to check on the river. It's high enough from the rain and moving FAST!
    MizzouRider and GotFog like this.
  12. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    The other grab:

20190609_124802.jpg

Nice area!

EDIT: this is the bridge on the Bourbeuse River, and is on this screen capture I'm adding. I came in from the southwest on the gravel. Don't go by the Google Satellite Image for this, it hasn't been updated in sometime!!!

Sunday Tag 2.PNG
    MizzouRider likes this.
  13. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    The tag:
    20190609_140321.jpg

East of 185, between A and K.
  14. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    I like it! Nice one.
  15. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jeff!

It was fun getting out to ride yesterday. I planned to grab both and place a tag before I headed to meet the wife and friends at Echo Bluff SP.
    I diverted after placing the tag and was following the Saturday route on the Swinging Bridges Route for a while.

We got one of the cabins up from the lodge and had a great dinner last night, before watching a disappointing loss in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.

I left the group this morning at 0530 and high tailed it back to STL to go back to work.
  16. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    I’ve heard good things about that distillery also. They were closed when I went by, both times. But I’ll be back.
    I let the dog run along that levy when I was there the first time. The water was really moving. I kept yelling at her to stay back. If she jumped in, I wasn’t going in after her!

We camped down there last spring, maybe it was two springs ago.. That’s a great riding area, and a cool park. I thought those cabins looked pretty cool. Have not seen the inside of one though.
    Hoping for a better outcome on Wednesday night!

I may have time next week to try and find the new tag..
  17. RAGBrian

Oddometer:
    Cabins at Echo Bluff are very nice. Ours could sleep up to 8 (2 large beds, a set of bunk beds, and 2 on the fold out couch). Nice living room area, full kitchen, large screen TV's and free WiFi. Splitting the cost was very reasonable. Remember, there were wimmin' who had NO desire to camp out in the woods! They are popular, so I recommend getting in reservations well in advance - we found one by chance and grabbed it asap.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  18. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    Nice day for a ride. I may miss work. This tag may be moved. Maybe.
    RAGBrian likes this.
  19. MizzouRider

Oddometer:
    I’m on it. (I think..)
    I was looking in the wrong place.
  20. GotFog

Oddometer:
    Well, MizzouRider, did you get it?