Mitas E-07 PLUS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by modestmuscle, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am still running the original Dakar E07's and have used 70% of tread at 7500 miles so I will get about 10000 miles from the set. As I have replacement set in the garage I will look at current tire offerings when ready but I hope they bring back the original E07 at least in Dakar format. Those riders wanting better offroad traction should look at E10's.
    DesertDonor likes this.
  2. HansOtt

HansOtt n00b

Oddometer:
    I have a 2014 Triumph 1215 explorer currently running the Mitas E-07 in std size 110/80/19 front and 150/70/17 rear and love them, but would like to try the Plus next, but as we all know they are not made in my sizes.
    So my Question is will the 120/70/19 front and 170/60/17 rear fit on my rims and will it affect the ABS and Traction control ?????
  3. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Based on the 2018 Mitas catalog they come in the sizes you wanted. The only difference is that you would have the Original on the front and the Plus on the rear. Check out the website for the catalog.
  4. TS888

TS888 Deer dodger Supporter

Oddometer:
    I replaced the E-07 rear on my 1150 with an E-07 Plus this year. It has been an unusually low mile year, but so far I am quite happy with the Plus. Not noticeably different on pavement, and better off pavement.
    DesertDonor likes this.
  5. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, have managed to order some of the remaining original E-07's here in Germany. I am finding a few Dakar versions and am okay with those. I have had very very good luck with the original E-07 here in Europe on all kinds of road/off road conditions. Met some riders with original E-07's also at the last Horizons Unlimited meeting and they were amazed at the longevity and functionality also. As with others, sad to see the original not being offered anymore.

I am moving back to the US over the winter and will be keeping an eye on this thread for more reviews and opinions.

Thanks everyone for contributing.
    DesertDonor likes this.
  6. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, delivery was quick and probably the last of the E-07 "non +/plus" for me. Seems there are a few on eBay here in Europe/Germany - as an FYI to everyone. Was going to stock up...but...looking at the manufacturing date, and when I will actually mount these, might hold off. The one just delivered was manufactured early to mid 2017. Probably won't install until we move back to the US this winter/spring of 2019. Growing up in Germany I play it on the safe side for all my tires and their manufacturing date. Hard not to order the rest out there, but reading reviews of the new E-07+ seems wear and ride are pretty much the same.

Again, going to miss the originals :)

fullsizeoutput_5570.jpeg
    towboatcrisco likes this.
  7. jyrays

jyrays The Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Here in Europe MITAS is about the cheapest tire you can find :) maybe I will start to trade them for you? :deal
    Killacurb and Bitte ein Bit like this.
  8. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    There's Anlas too. The Capra X is a great tyre.

Am I the only one that finds the original E07s scary on wet tarmac?
  9. jyrays

jyrays The Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Capra is Turkish tire...

British tire test

Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  10. jyrays

jyrays The Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Depends how you ride. I am much slower on wet...
    kokos79 likes this.
  11. mr_guns

mr_guns Look Mom no hands!

Oddometer:
    I only used the back and had no problems on wet roads
    kokos79 likes this.
  12. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies guys.
  13. ovictor

ovictor n00b

Oddometer:
    Moved to the TKC 80's to the E07+ a few days ago. So far, love how much smoother they are on tarmac, but haven't tried them in offload. Going to a trip soon and will try it out.
    Only one issue so far: this winning noise past 50km/h, especially from the front tyre. But only when going straight, its fine when I'm leaning it. Im wondering if anyone else is getting this and what can you recommend? Would changing tyre pressure help or just let it wear down a bit more.
  14. KDXRC51

KDXRC51 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My front whines too, but I don’t care about it. It’s better than the garbage Anakees it came with.
    DesertDonor and Oeths like this.
  15. ovictor

ovictor n00b

Oddometer:
    Thats good to know Im not alone. Maybe after some off-road grinding it will quiet down :)
  16. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    For me it's one of the better wet tires.. no issue with hydroplaning even running into puddle at 80mph. They do need some care at the beginning until warm up and grip degrade with age but otherwise pretty decent.

Now rear will start spinning when center wears down but this is expected.
  17. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ear plugs.

No more singing tires.

DesertDonor and ovictor like this.
  18. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ran the oem battleaxe tires on my 17 strom out to over 15k miles. Put on Mitas E-O7 Dakar front and Mitas E-O7+ Dakar rear and typically ride solo 32/36 psi probably 80% slab at 70-80 mph and fire roads with camping equipment on back and once in a while some hard single track. I have been pleased with them except deep mud…have not tried sand yet. I am disappointed in the wear down rate…I have read many getting 8-10k on them. Is this just the nature of these or are the non-+ rears better lasting?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Original E07 was good for 8000 miles front and rear on my bike, 70/30 gravel exposure. The +E07 seems to be a softer compound (less time in the curing oven), does that rear have the yellow Dakar stripe on it? Cannot tell from the photo.
  20. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes it does. So I guess I should look for the non + version for longevity.