Mitas E-07 PLUS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by modestmuscle, Feb 22, 2018.

1. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree that you get about 8k dirt worthy mileage but End of life point is very subjective I had gotten 25/17k from the rear and 30k from front.. last front got discarded because I didn't want to go to Copper Canyon on that pathetic excuse for the tire.

When they get down to wear bars they slow down significantly this tire will get you home they are at 50% mark at that point.

Visited provinces:
    [​IMG]
    Visited states:
    [​IMG]
    BlackdogADV likes this.
  2. DesertDonor

DesertDonor Deep Sand and Mud Detector

Oddometer:
    Last week after hitting 12000-ish miles on my K60 Scout rear, I was down to the wear bars and threw in the towel.

Rode my new E-07+ Dakar on dirt for the first time last Saturday. It felt fine. Haven't noticed any oddness on pavement. Maybe it's noisier, but I wear foam earplugs whenever I'm going on the highway so I probably wouldn't hear it anyway. :)
    brittrunyon likes this.
  3. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    1900 miles of occasionally somewhat harsh use.. not exactly happy with how it's holding up, seems worse than the regular E07 I was running before. Most of the damage is on the leading edge of the knobs, the wear looks like it could probably do 3500 miles..

[​IMG]
    Ravedigger likes this.
  4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    How rocky was it? On which bike/how much HP? Given proper conditions old E07s would chuck like that too but yeah that center band and small reinforcement step-ups were ingenious; I wish they have kept them and went for unequal knob instead big block oh well.
    Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  5. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    R1200GS, 125HP, somewhat rocky (ahem..). I definitely ask a lot from the tires but like I said, it's a let down compared to the previous model. Still not as bad as Kenda Big Block, that went to "No Block" in about 600 miles...

[​IMG]
  6. The_Eccentric

The_Eccentric Gearhead. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Northern CA. Soon to be WY. Hope WY NEVER changes!
    Dave any updates on when you expect the 110/80/19 E07+ tires to arrive in the US?

Alternatively, do you think it'd be OK to run a 120/70/19 E-07+ in place of the 110/80/19 on a 2.5" wide wheel?

Won't need replacements until after the new year, as my bike was down with charging system issues for much of the summer. So far I'm happy with my non-plus E07 Dakar rear and MotoZ Tractionator GPS front combo on my DL1000. They seem to play well together.

Would like to try either E-07 + both front and rear...............or E07 + rear and Shinko 804 front (if the 110/80/19 Plus isn't available and substituting a 120/70/19 isn't adviseable) for my next set. Otherwise it'll be 804 front and non-plus E-07 Dakar rear if I can scare up a leftover non-plus Dakar in 150/70/17. I remain gunshy about running a non-plus E07 front....
  7. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wouldn’t put the front on a wheelbarrow
  8. The_Eccentric

Oddometer:
    The front E-07 Plus.................or the non-Plus E-07 front?
  9. thirsty 1

Oddometer:
    The old e07. It's terrible, the rear is fantastic. Haven't mounted a e07+ but I wont be buying the front. Seems mileage is around 4k? for the rear?
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  10. The_Eccentric

Oddometer:
    Ah yeah. I'm with you on the non-plus front. Willing to give the E07 Plus a try however. I love the non-plus E-07 Dakar rear that's on my bike now.
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  11. bluestar

bluestar sheep shagger

Oddometer:
    I got about 5K out of a rear +.
    The_Eccentric and thirsty 1 like this.
  12. thirsty 1

Oddometer:
    I'm going to Baja next May from Seattle so I'm "trying" to research a decent 50/50 tire. The trip should be around 5k - 3 weeks. On the fence with the +.
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  13. The_Eccentric

Oddometer:
    At least for now, I don't really mind a 5K-mile usable tire lifespan as I'm only putting 4-5K miles a year on the bike......and I like trying different tires about 1-2 times a year anyways. :D

Once I retire I'd like to double or triple that yearly mileage figure. Who knows what life will bring in the next few years....
  14. bluestar

bluestar sheep shagger

Oddometer:
    It worked well enough on and off pavement but it really squared off. Looked kinda like a car tire when I pulled it off. Don't know if I will use it again.

I'm averaging about 16k a year, mostly on longer trips. 5k for a tire isn't that bad but it should cost a bit less.
  15. DesertDonor

DesertDonor Deep Sand and Mud Detector

Oddometer:
    I ride about 12k a year and I'm with him. If it's gonna cost $150 per, I better not be changing it twice or more a year.

I just couldn't stomach $194 for another Heidenau K60 Scout this last time around. If my E-07+ Dakar is toast in just a few months though I'll have to reconsider.
  16. andycamaro

andycamaro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know that this thread is for the 07 and its variants, but has any one tried the 08 at all as its more road biased and I have never taken my work horse (GS1100) off road as use it to commute etc

cheers
  17. Thundinator

Thundinator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey companions¡
    Any experience on how the Mitas E07+ plus perform on tarmac in wet conditions? The regular E07 wasn't really good on it.

I currently have the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR and bearly don't need to change my riding style when it rains, they stick as glue and really confident.

Also with Dakar carcass do you loose grip or tyre tends to adapt less to the terrain due to rigidnnes? Many thanks in advance
  18. KDXRC51

KDXRC51 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Really? I love the E-07 and E-07+ for wet conditions on pavement. I’ve put over 40k miles between them and never once had any issues or didn’t like what the tire was doing. I’ve run Dakar and regular versions, and for me, I didn’t notice any grip change.
    Thundinator likes this.
  19. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    I second that. E07s on my XTZ750 suck in the wet. STRs on my 1090R rule in the wet. Mainly because they're a street tyre disguised as knobbies.
    Thundinator likes this.
  20. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    which motoz? adventure or GPS?