Mitas E-07 PLUS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by modestmuscle, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    so after reading wayyy too much, the take home for me is the + gets about 1/2 the mileage of the standard. At $196 its quickly off my list. I would buy (was going to today) the old dakar at 165. I'll keep burning up shinkos at less then 1/2 the price.
    Killacurb likes this.
  2. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have one more set or original Dakar E07's and a set of E09's to go through in the garage. Maybe by that time they will go back to the original version once the sales drop off for the new E07 plus. Time will tell.
    Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  3. Motorace

Motorace Black and Round pays the bills.

Oddometer:

2019 they are coming. The entire line will convert to PLUS.
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  4. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Already done. If you feel bad about it, send them a note. I for 1 will buy other tires.
    Ravedigger likes this.
  5. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have two sets of the old E07 setting in my garage...one Dakar one non. Sad to see the Plus/+ reviews not so good....

I might order more before coming back to the US from Germany. Dates are 2017 so should be good for a few years...

Maybe I am naive, but I don't understand the cancellation of the original E07's/Dakar and move to the Plus/+. Why not keep both???

Maybe it's been addressed...

I'll miss the longevity and function, that is for sure...
  6. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will E-07 be discontinued?
    E-07 will not be discontinued, we will only replace the selected sizes with E-07+
  7. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    The E-07 has been discontinued and only the E-07+ will be produced?????????
  8. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
  9. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Well thats sad. But, i only know that from what i read cuz i never was able to buy one.... i know i won't spend $180 on a tire that is going to last 3500 miles unless it is for a very specific task. Not when i do well well for 3500 multipurpose miles at $75.
  10. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Bitte ein Bit

Oddometer:
    So, owning a 2011 GS, with sizes of 110/80R19 and 150/70R17, I see according to the charts on their websites the only tire I can order now is the Plus/+ for the rear? Hmmm...can that be right? I see I can order online still, but am wondering once those are gone I won't be able to buy Mitas E07's, Plus or otherwise.

Maybe I missed something?

Not complaining, just have to go another route... but as I've stated earlier, really liked the Mitas E07's...

...maybe the website is wrong, seems like a huge segment of sales they are eliminating if that is the case?
  12. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Yep. Been in touch with us importer. No regular e07's anymore. If you care contact mitas
  13. Bitte ein Bit

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. As I am in Europe and moving back to US was curious...

Was ready to try the Plus/+ but for the price in the US and NOT being able to get a matching front (good reviews or bad) guess I'll move on in the future. Still have two sets so am good for at least another year or so :)

Again, thanks...
  14. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
  15. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like you still should be able to get regular E-07 front. I am not surprised old E07 rear was discontinued in 150/70-17 size. It worked very well with TKC-80/E-10/804 front but not with E-07 front. People including me were complaining about front being twitchy but I mounted new E-07 rear with 17k front and it was similar story; at least until rear flattened in 2k miles.
  16. towboatcrisco

towboatcrisco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I emailed them all of my 2cents Pdrhound

On a happier note my local supplier had a few older tread pattern rear tires kicking about so I scooped one up as mine still have a ways to go before a change out . Its not the 150/70 -17 but a couple guys I know running the same machine say it has been working fine for them the last while riding on this size ( 140/80 -17)
    E07_2018 (2).jpg
  17. Bitte ein Bit

Oddometer:
    Just caught this and sorry about my previous posts concerning the front tire for my GS. If this is true, I'll try the Plus/+ front and back when I get back to the US in 2019. Not liking the prices in the US compared to what I've paid here in Europe. Infact, just ordered another set of the original E0-7's for $140 USD. :)

Looks like the Plus/+ rear at Revzilla are around $160 USD. Again, thanks to everyone for input on this thread. I personally really appreciate!

Erik

Motorace -

Just saw your ebay store...I'll bookmark.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  18. Bento

Bento 2017 GS Rallye

Oddometer:
    Ran my E07+es for about 20k km's all over the world. Best tyre I have tried so far, loads of grip in super wet conditions and a tiny bit of snow too. Now running Scorpion Rallye STRs due to lack of options in India and they wear quick on a GS. Heaps of grip though in dry and wet.
  19. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    Is that E07+ as in PLUS?

20,000km is waaaaay more than all other ride reports suggest.

edit: I'm now thinking you probably mean 2x sets of E07+ in 20k km...
  20. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really enjoy my matching front and rear original E07 Dakar tires but everyone has their own riding style. I did send a message to Mitas asking them to continue the two primary sizes affected by the change of tread pattern. The E07+ compound can also be modified to improve durability and perhaps that will be the solution. Meanwhile they are losing market share...