Mitas E-07 PLUS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by modestmuscle, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Bear_wa

Bear_wa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As the original E07 design is being replaced in those sizes the effect on most riders is the same - no longer available.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't take me wrong the 1st pair of E-07 Dakars went 25k rear 30k front, 2nd 17k rear and I discarded front in Chihuahua with 22k and plenty life left. They have definitely gone distance. Their downfall was stability on groved concrete at interstate speeds especially on loaded bike and on deep loose gravel. If you don't load bike and air them down they were fine for most part.

Yes agree with price increase and mileage down they're more and more like K60 and will loose market share for sure.
    Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  3. rokyluk

rokyluk n00b

Oddometer:
    110/80/19 i dont see it in the table not for regular E07 not even E07+ ? Anyone know something about this ?
  4. Motorace

Motorace Black and Round pays the bills.

Oddometer:
    Still being made. Our box coming in Weds has many on it.
    rokyluk, eddyturn and cyclopathic like this.
  5. Jbrjbr21

Jbrjbr21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the table I saw had the 120 front tire listed twice, maby a typo.
    rokyluk likes this.
  6. Ravedigger

Ravedigger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried a bunch of different tires on my GS LC. I've tried the K60, Karoo 3, Anakee Wild, TKC 80, TKC 70, and I finally settled on the NON-plus E07 even though they were the wrong size for my LC. I loved that tire and I went through about 3 sets. When Mitas replaced the sizes I wanted with the E07 plus, I tried it but it just wasn't as good as the old version. It's more expensive and lasts about 50% as long. Mud performance is significantly worse. What a disappointment.

Mitas, if you're listening, give us back the old E07 in the GS LC sizes. Hell, I'd even settle for still being able to get the 150/70-17! I will not be buying another E07+ and there are no other tires from Mitas that fit my needs so as a brand they're no longer on my radar anymore.
    cyclopathic, Pdrhound and kokos79 like this.
  7. amboss87

amboss87 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man, I am just About to order a new set of Mitas E-07 as replacement fr my K60 scouts sets which i run for 5 Seasons now on my f800gs without a major disapointment, but i just want a kind of Change.

So should i go with the normal E07 or with a E07 plus for trying the first set? I would put Performance above Endurance in this case.
  8. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The E07 is no more . There are only + now in my sizes at least
    Ravedigger likes this.
  9. dddd

dddd Long timer

Oddometer:
    You need to read on planned obsolescence... This is never gonna happen again. Tire was 2x too good, so 1/2 sells.
  10. scharfg

scharfg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My exact thoughts and experiences Ravedigger!
    Ravedigger likes this.
  11. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    This has been mentioned before but performance of E-07+ is sidewise step from old E07. Plus improved stability both high speed highway and loose deep gravel at expense of mud performance and durability. If mud and durability aren't on your menu plus is your tire.
    The_Eccentric and Ravedigger like this.
  12. Ravedigger

Ravedigger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm still on the hunt for a suitable replacement to the old E-07. My next tire to try is the Motoz Tractionator Adventure. I'm hoping it will last 2000 miles to Colorado so I can hammer the BDR and ride 2000 miles home. To me, that was where the old E-07 really shined. I could do tons of highway miles to get where I wanted to go, ride as hard as I could in the dirt, then slog some highway miles back home. The old E-07 was really the perfect tire for my riding style. Hopefully I will find luck with the Tractionator Adventure. I don't think it will last as long as the old E-07, but if I can get maybe 7000-8000 miles out of it before it starts showing cords, I'll be happy.
  13. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tractionator ADV front and GPS rear a popular compromise; not sure if Mk2 ADV front can go the distance but apparently GPS rear lasts.

E-07+ rear on my friends GSA was down to bars at 8k but he rides aggressively like it's his klx, roosted me a few times when we rode BDR. I think if you keep pressure low enough the rear plus would last for 10k+ the big question if Mitas changed profile in 150/70 size as they did in 130 and how much rubber is under the knobs. Old E-07 could go 10k after center got bold . The off-road performance would start dropping at 8-12k.

Personally I would probably try Anakee Wild front with E07+ rear or perhaps front STR as I can't get more than 7-8k out of TKC80/Shinko 804 with off-road expectancy ~4.5k
  14. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Motorace, did you see this? Can you pass it along?
  15. The_Eccentric

The_Eccentric Gearhead. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Northern CA. Soon to be WY. Hope WY NEVER changes!
    Dave are there any updates on when the 110/80/19 E07+ front tires will be available in the US?
  16. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why not old E-07?

I know that many including myself blamed front E-07 for high speed instability which would usually get better after 2-3k break in. However at 17k I have mounted new E-07 rear only to see shimmy return despite having well used front. In the past E07 front have worked well with rear road tire. This leads to believe that with E07s issue isn't the front but rather the fact that E07 f/r are bad match I suspect E07 front/E07+ rear could be immune to shimmy.
  17. senter

senter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just mounted a set of the E-07+ front and rear, and at 500 miles they have been solid on the slab but I have not been impressed off road at this point. Squirmy and unstable front and rear in the dirt. Dropping the pressure down helped some, but now I don't trust them, so we will see how it goes for a while.

I'm coming off a Motoz Adventure rear and TKC 80 front that I really liked, but these Mitas were the only tires they had.

Good to hear so many have had good results, hopefully they will get better. Spring is around the corner now, so more riding! 20190224_201443.jpeg
  18. modestmuscle

modestmuscle Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you swap wheels, or did it come with the gold? Just curious...
  19. park6187

park6187 Experience whore Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW I put a set of the E-07+ on my '16 GS and rode to Alaska and back loaded with about 75 #'s of luggage. I put 7400 miles on the rear and it still had some life left. The front had a few thousand miles left on it but I put a hole in it so I bought a new front and rear. I really like these tires.
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  20. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Worry not while Mitas feel unstable the grip is there the instability is due to alternating chevron design. They actually feel better on wet surface when grip goes down.

How much pressure did you drop? You need to run 22-26psi in front 26-32 rear on dirt and running 36+ in front would make for very unstable ride. Of cause 22psi would trigger tpms on GS and even then comparing to TKC80 you trade off-road for longevity. good luck.
    The_Eccentric likes this.