MITUTOYO dial gauge recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hotwheels22, Oct 11, 2019.

1. concours

concours WFO for 47 years

Oddometer:
    Milling will fail.
    As stated previously.
    Those are GROUND to finish.
    Run, Forrest, run.
    A diamond stone is meant to cut HARD metal, which your rotor is not. A stone is used to clean up burrs, SMALL imperfections.
    Run away....
  2. concours

Oddometer:
    German vendor selling.... ????????
    I’m not familiar with them, BUT, all too often, I see low-rent crap sold as UPGRADE...
    So, be suspicious. The fact you are going through this is a red flag, unless you bent it mounting the tire.
    What part of the OEM rotors performance was substandard?
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  3. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    hey man.
    THANKS a lot for your help. i realize my noob status with some of this can be a pain. i try my best. if i miss any points please let me know. for obvious reasons i would like to know this stuff and do it properly.
    OEM brakes on these bikes are notoriously poor braking power. with very long distances required for braking.
    i used the word "milling" but i just basically used it. because i have NO idea how you work on these.
    you ARE making me realize i complained to the company that the rotor felt like it was pulsing and then i ended up forgetting about it. partly because i complained and they sort of put me off and then said i could mail it back. text of this email is below. basically i half got busy with life and half said fuck it.
    but i should address it now and do it properly. ONE thing i am in the process of doing is to get a FOUR PISTON brembo instead of the TWO PISTON brembo on there now. this modification to the OEM would /either/ involve milling off 3.5 mm from the connecting tabs on the brembo where they connect to the fork - OR buying a 13.5mm ring spacer instead of the 17mm ring spacer that is on there now.
    LONG STORY short is i got to wanting to measure the "planarity" of the rotor because i was getting pad hammering that left the brake lever slack after a day of riding.
    -
    so you are saying a diamond stone is a BAD IDEA? are you saying i can work on it using a natural (?) stone stone?
    either way it sounds like you are suggesting i cut bait on the rotor itself?
    THANK YOU
    jonathan
  4. concours

Oddometer:
    Yes.
    Quit fucking with it. Get a new one.
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  5. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    fucking hell.