1. Babbitt

Babbitt Vermin wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a great group. I am doing the grand tour again this year and hope to do the harvest rally again.
  2. 2WheelNeal

2WheelNeal F'n Neal Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd like to have a look at those files please.
    I did a route from Hasting to Kiester on Monday. I'd say a solid 80% gravel. I'd guess that the southern 1/3 of the state (from the metro south) is fairly boring as it's farmland and the roads are mostly laid out N to S and E to W in grids. :pep Ah well, beats pavement any day.
  3. Lapchik

Lapchik Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer:
    Dip down to highway 9 in Osceola and Dickinson county Iowa. There is an abandoned train track, minus the ties and rail, from Sibley to Spirit Lake. The first few miles are bike/horse trail, but the rest is not set up for a groomed trail. I've ridden all of that, And I've heard people do the first few miles on bikes too. Best to do before the grass gets high. Some sections basically turn to game trails when the grass is up in July. Two bridges made of ties. Best to walk first to check, then hit at about 20-30mph to keep the tires out of the gaps in the ties.
  4. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:

Here is a link to download the GPX tracks. Would love your feedback on how to make it a better ride.

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/bM1mRjazbN
    Nick MN and 2WheelNeal like this.
  5. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow @FirstPath, that must have been a herculean effort to put those routes together. I've looked at them and at first glance, they look like a great way to see the state. Did you string these from satellite views or was it more by riding experience? I've saved them and hope to explore them as time goes on. Thank you for sharing!
  6. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have ridden bits and sections in Eastern side and arrowhead but yet to hit the NW corner of state. I chose roads that snake and come up as gravel on gravelmap.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barnyard, wbbnm and MNimum like this.
  7. MNdirt

MNdirt less than 1% juice

Oddometer:
    Had a nice, slow, cool ride on the KLR this evening. Bugs were down for a change.
    Rough week......
    Blue Moon, BB King, and Eric Clapton are currently helping to bring the circle back into focus.
  8. MNdirt

MNdirt less than 1% juice

Oddometer:
    I pulled the KLR out of storage this afternoon and slapped current tabs on. Screw it, I'm riding to work tomorrow.

I won't have to go looking for water crossings. They're all over the place out here :lol3.
    46moo likes this.
  9. Tiger993

Oddometer:
    I saw a guy out on an FJR yesterday. I'd guess everyone is itching to ride around here.
    yamahamxr, 46moo and MNdirt like this.
  10. cra_fizzer

cra_fizzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did 60 miles today.

Had to try out my new riding gear.
  11. CharlesH

CharlesH Support those who support you.

Oddometer:
    Got a super sherpa and looking forward to trail riding and getting more comfortable on gravel. Looking at getting into a dirt bike training class too.
  12. Tiger993

Oddometer:
    I picked up a used 3 gallon IMS gas tank for the WR back in November and got around to installing it yesterday. With it, I've upped my range to 160-ish miles which will help me prolong the "situation critical" that formerly occurred at 100 miles. It sure was nice to be working in the garage with the door open and tunes going. I'm ready for spring.
    MNdirt and Iffykid like this.
  13. Streeter

Streeter Has Coping Skills

Oddometer:
    I plan to lead a dual sport ride on Saturday, July 13. We'll meet at the Freedom / BP gas station in White Bear Lake at 9:30. We'll head up toward Grantsberg, Wi. The first half of the ride is on graded gravel roads, but the second half is better suited to 650 class bikes and smaller, deep sand and two tracks.

Paul Streeter
  14. Iffykid

Iffykid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn! I hate to miss this ride as I always enjoy it but have a two day ride scheduled in northern Mn on the same weekend.
    Streeter likes this.
  15. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is a Wisconsin OHM sticker needed for this ride? Do you have a guess as to how many hours or how many miles are involved? Thanks.
  16. Streeter

Oddometer:
    No, a sticker is not required. From White Bear back to White Bear will be around 200 miles, I expect to be home by 6:00 latest.
    yamahamxr and ThumperStorm like this.
  17. Nick MN

Nick MN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gravel up near Brainerd is in great condition! What is usually sandy has been heavily soaked with rain.
    20190629_090313.jpg 20190628_112659.jpg
    FirstPath likes this.
  18. Streeter

Oddometer:
    Reminder, this ride is this Saturday.
    Tiger993 and FirstPath like this.
  19. BeltwayBiker

BeltwayBiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this tip, Lapchik! Looks like the perfect trail for my Buell Ulysses.
  20. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi, a friend and I are planning on riding the Driftless area in WI/MN this weekend. i'm looking for a GPX file for MN. Minimum maitenance roads, does anyone have such a thing or could point me in the right direction?
    Additionally, I'm looking for recommendations for a good campsite for Saturday night? I was thinking of Wyalusing State Park in WI. but i don't think we'll get that far down in the time available.
    All a bit last minute hence the shout out, all and any info' much appreciated!

MK.