Moab - Motel?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by lopaca, Sep 20, 2020.

1. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have been through many times but never stayed in town.

We are looking for a bike friendly (imagine in that town they all are) but prefer motels that we can park right in front of our rooms.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob.
    Traxx likes this.
  2. Lost in the world

Lost in the world Long timer

Oddometer:
    Comfort Inn.
    lopaca likes this.
  3. fbabroff

fbabroff Fbabroff

Oddometer:
    Airb&b, I use them, no issues!
  4. MikeV42085

MikeV42085 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Montecello UT
    50m south Moab. Good riding and closer to Blanding and Moki
    Horsehead Inn. $40+/- night. Great people. Hunters told me about the place. Was there 2 weeks ago.

Best
    MikeV
    Traxx likes this.
  5. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've stayed at the Bowen before. Had a hose to wash off bikes, which was nice. Stayed at Moab Valley Inn recently, and parked the bike basically in front of the lobby without problems.
  6. KankakeeBenjamin

KankakeeBenjamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    best western plus canyon lands in downtown MOAB. very nice hotel and walking distance to everything after riding like food..... my 2cents
  7. KC10Chief

KC10Chief Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been a bunch of times. On Air BnB, look up the Edge of the Desert cabins. They're like 400 square foot cabins. Only a couple of years old and very comfortable. Right outside of town and quiet. Each one has a stockade fence around it. Not only can you keep your bikes right outside, you can put them in the fenced in area out of sight! I highly recommend. Way better than the hotels. About $75 a night too. We are headed to Moab next week actually. We have a big fifth wheel now and are staying at the KOA. The KOA has cabins too. I've never checked out the ones at this KOA, but have at others and they're always nice. You need to provide your own linens though. They're probably more expensive than the Air BnB too.
    Traxx likes this.
  8. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    I just put in my dates at the end of this month and Edge of Desert must be booked up, bummer
  9. KC10Chief

Oddometer:
    Dang! Yeah. They go quick. I've found that the hotels in town can be hit or miss. Most of the hotels there are the type like Holiday Inn's where you enter your room from the interior. I've never felt like my stuff was going to get stolen though. What dates are you going to be there?
  10. KC10Chief

Oddometer:
    You might try the Red Stone Inn. They have outside entrances. It's a little dated but kept up nice. It has one entrance and your bikes would be kind of hidden from the street and right outside your room. It is also right across the street from the Moab Brewery! Right next door to that is the Canyonlands RV Resort and Campground. They have cabins there too. Definitely secluded from the road.
  11. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    yeah, it looks like Moab gave money to businesses and some of them discounted their rates, I leave out of FL this weekend, headed to SW Missouri for a couple days of fishing, then if the weather still looks good head out to Salida maybe and spend a week or so riding CO, then over to Moab for a few days. So much depends on weather since I’ll be on the bike. And I’ve never been west of AR, so this will def be an adventure for me.
  12. KC10Chief

Oddometer:
    Nice. Weather will be great in SW Missouri. I'll bet you'll be riding through a LOT of rain to get there though with hurricane Delta making landfall in Louisiana this weekend. Prepare to get wet! Salida and Colorado in general will be cooler. 60s during the day and down towards freezing at night. Moab might be a bit warmer. We are going to be in Moab from the 15th through the 31st. I'm hoping for nice weather!
  13. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I may not leave out of here until Sunday, watching Delta. I’m on a red GSAW with FL tags, give me the salute if you pass by
  14. KC10Chief

Oddometer:
    I'll keep an eye out and the salute at the ready! I'm on the DR650 in my profile pic. Oklahoma plates!
    PineyMountainRacing likes this.
  15. spdtrpl

spdtrpl Red Coat MagnoliaTx

Oddometer:
    Redstone Inn - stayed there a couple of weeks ago, great location close to supermarket, restaurants, etc.
  16. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So we just got back from a 10 day loop - started in Pasadena, CA.
    Here are my thoughts on the Hotels and restaurants that I can recall:
    Jerome, AZ - Conner Motel. Not a lot of choices in town. This one was pretty nice as far as the room goes. The clerk is a really cool guy. Just one note - all the rooms are upstairs. Not a problem for us but thought you might want to know if anyone has knee or other orthopedic issues. I have to imagine that considering the geography of the town most hotels in town are going to be similar. Many choices for food. We had dinner at Haunted Hamburger. Very good bar. We did breakfast in Cottonwood at Crema Craft Cafe. I would recommend it. It is in old town Cottonwood.
    Truth or Dare, NM - Comfort Inn - very vanilla but not a lot of choices. There is a Denny's in the same parking lot. BUT- the place directly across the street - Johnny B's - was awesome.
    Santa Fe, NM - Hotel Chimayo - this is right in the middle of old town. Nice facilities but again not convenient. Parking is underground so you have to haul your bags to the elevator and then up stairs (all the rooms are upstairs). It is within easy walking distance of shops, coffee places and restaurants. We only had breakfast and it was marginal.
    I'll try finishing up with the balance soon.
  17. dksd39

dksd39 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another vote for the Red Stone Inn... very moto friendly at a great price. Stayed there this summer on my TAT ride