MOAB, Utah - XR400 GCRad1 / DRZ400 TG-DRZ / XR650 JayShizzle

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GCRad1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live hear in Southern California, I’m originally from Alabama, so I thought I had seen it all in riding terrain. It was never a big thing to think about going off to some far spot to ride... other than like Dakar, but that is some whole other mess! Besides, if I need to do that, I have Dumont Dunes and Glamis. I'm not so itching to bury my 950ADV up to the bars in sand just yet. I have ridden in dunes once before.

So, the opportunity arose via work to go to Moab. Never really thought about that place, but as two co-workers also riding partners started making travel plans, the idea came up, "let's take the bikes!" All parties agreed and it was ON!

[​IMG]
    As we where leaving orange county, spotted this as we where getting on the freeway to get out of here!!!!

Arrive to JayShizzle's house:
    [​IMG]
    We told him to be ready and pack light!!!

[​IMG]
    Stopped for lunch... someone likes sugar on his rice...

[​IMG]
    Is it JayShizzle???

[​IMG]
    Or is it TG-DRZ???

No matter, good food and good to go!

[​IMG]
    Can you believe we got all three bikes and half a dozen rc-vehicles in here!?!??!?!

NAAAAAAA! Just kidding!!!

[​IMG]
    Freeway rolling: GCRad1 Driving - TG-DRZ shotguning and ipod mix master.
    JayShizzle snipping with my SD550.

[​IMG]
    Nice load! Peep the trials tire on the little bike...

[​IMG]
    Moab bound? Looks the part...

[​IMG]
    It's been a while since I've been on a road trip!

[​IMG]
    Hey you in the orange box, pull over and we will take it from here!!!

[​IMG]
    Man, we where passing riding sport after riding spot, just pull over already!!!

[​IMG]
    Gas is expensive!!! Especially this HPI Racing stuff!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No Dakar bikes in here...

[​IMG]
    Truck stops... what can you say?...

[​IMG]
    Sun is going down and we continue on!

Now let me tell you about my buddy TG-DRZ... He is the particular type.
    We stop for dinner, good family establishment and truck driver friendly.
    [​IMG]
    All truck stops have this game...
    TG-DRZ is intrigued.

Then it gets serious!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yea, well.... after cracking the combinations...

It's time:
    [​IMG]
    to lay down some more miles!!!

OK, now for the wacky:
    [​IMG]
    It's hella'late, I'm tired, gotta pee, rest area on top of some mountain, we've been chasing this thunderstorm and was trying to get to the top of the mountain to see some big lightning action we had been seeing. All three to pee, Madonna’s "Like a Virgin" blasting from the ipod to the stereo system and all four doors are wide open. Slight delirium session, but the cool weather and the smell of the mountains is enough to get us hyped up and onwards to MOAB!!!!

We hit Moab like two in the morning and find a place to crash. Get up in the morning and make way to where we will be staying:
    [​IMG]

We see this Crawler / MX shop and stop in to see what is going on:
    [​IMG]

We drop the trailer and do a quick recon right by where we are staying:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yeap! Looks good, now why are we not on the bikes?

Stealbender:
    [​IMG]
    Nice looking place to start!

[​IMG]
    It was a good thing to be in the truck because we would have blown right by these petroglyphs had we been on the bikes.
    [​IMG]

Let's go get those bikes!!!
    [​IMG]
    Left: XR400 - GCRad1's Center: TG-DRZ Right: JayShizzle's XR650
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let's start riding :thumb

:lurk
  3. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Dirty again

Oddometer:
  4. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Yeap, time to get riding! Off we go in such diverse land from our local riding area. First thing I noticed is the sand, very fine sand. IT'S SANDY!

[​IMG]
    And rocky, and it just alot to take in at once... it's SO BIG!!! So we are goofing around and trying to find this loop as on the map it shows it coming back around from where we started. First thing I notice before that, is there are alot more trails than indicated by the map...

But, JayShizzle would get a flat. I decide to scout the route forward hoping to find the short loop back as we where about 18 miles or so out. No such luck and also learned a quick lesson of the Moab rocks... In trail riding you can track back your trail. On the rocks, your trail disapears... pay extra attention from where you came especially if you plan on coming back the same direction. It is very easy to get lost out here.

The little ride was a good ride, nice rock climbs, sand washes water crossings, it had it all... so the flat tire was not that major and so we shot back to the MX shop for a little repair.

[​IMG]
    JayShizzle getting his repair on.

[​IMG]
    The MX Shop is next to the crawl store so we got a look at our four legged friends of the rocks.

[​IMG]
    getter'done... please.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was sitting in the shop - I started making noises for effect.

OK, tire is fixed and the anticiption was let loose... Let's go back to that stream crossing and take some photos! When will we ever see or do that again!?!?!??!

[​IMG]
    Nice shot of JayShizzle putting the XR650 across.

[​IMG]
    Here comes TG-DRZ!

[​IMG]
    Here is TG-DRZ coming out already!!! Get back, do over, man, I need to capture water!

So you know, I am actually shooting pictures with my camera and shooting video with TG-DRZ's camera stacked on top of my camera...
    SO, TG-DRZ, bring that video please!!! O'yea, hit that water one more time too!

Here he comes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yea, like that - WATER SPLASH!!

Funny how splashing through the water is like playing with fire at the camp site... You just have to keep seeing how big you can get it... ever notice?

JayShizzle on the recovery from a flat sendrome - comeback:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One more again...
    [​IMG]
    shure, why not!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HEY, what about the camera guy??? Someone get this camera from me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the camera guy is wound up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hmmm, look at that... that's a nice little stream... wonder how deep that gets... While JayShizzle took the photo, he was not seeing what I was thinking....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OK, that one little pool back there got deep enough! Childhood flashbacks of wading the streams on my old Yamaha DT175 flashed back from the memories... OK, fun enough, let's get back to it!!!

It was at this point TG-DRZ said he was going to go back to the base camp. I said I was not finished. JayShizzle said he was not going to let me ride alone as he knows I will and do... but this is Moab, nice to have the riding partner with you!

So we break out and head for the hills.
    [​IMG]
    10-100 going on back here, and over here:
    [​IMG]
    AWWW look! It's so postcard, so picturesque!!
    Look at the yellow gate down there mid-left side of the image...
    That gate, well, I asked JS if we wanted to head back. He said I got us out in it this far, lets go!

That gate would mean alot to me after we would pass this point. The attitude all changed. The altitude too! Straight down, skidplate slapping and the whole nine! I knew on the map this trail wrapped around for a bigger loop and would end the day nicely, but it just seemed all of a sudden, it was going to get a little rough. Sun starting to go down, I had no way to judge time and space "distance." I saw on the map where we should be, but it just seemed like forever going in the wrong dirrection. I knew where we wanted to loop back around to. I could see it from top of the mountain we where on, but the trail kept heading in the other direction. The map said it would come back around. But when and how soon and how long will it take. All these things started to weight in on me. JS was tired. His XR650 is set up for desert and woops, not this hard jagged rocky stuff. It bothered me that he ws hurting. I was selfish, I might need backup! He's my backup! But he was rather encouraging when I needed it the most. I knew we would look back on this trail and laugh and say, yea, let's do it again. but with all the factors of not knowing and time limitations or should I say lights on our bikes limitations. His like does not work. JS, please fix your light! My light is worthless, you could not even light a flee's arse it's so dim, much less these trails and there technical nature. I left my little mag light at the base camp. I felt naked and I carry the most stuff! Just look at that backpack [from the watercrossing shot]. I don't carry that pack around just for good looks!

I did not shoot another photo and missed a many cool setting and sections I wished we had a video camera for. I knew we would look back on this moment, but for the time being, I just wanted to know the unknown.

[​IMG]
    AAHHH!!! A civilized trail could only mean one thing! We made it. However small, it was the feeling of accomplishment! WOW! That was a weired ride as I have been lost in the desert and never had the feeling I had out here.

THEN....
    [​IMG]
    It happened again and on the same day!!! JS got another flat!!!! See I carry a pump!
    PS: why is the DirtDawg XR400 laying on the ground? Not becuase she is tired, it's just that I have been sans kickstand from some time now. I really need to get that sucker welded up and back on. I feel so MX'ish with out it! I'm not a MX'er.. I'm a desert raider ralliest forestry tree slalom type of guy.. you know, dirt bike with license plate dual-sports type...

[​IMG]
    The beuty of knowing. The way out and the satisfaction of knowing such. A moment to sit back, watch JS wrap down on the XR650 with all mighty speed as it was a gravel road all the way down this view.

Rally haven!
    [​IMG]

Tarmac trasit to sunset - THE WAY to end the day, even with a flat tire... tire did not hold air for more than 5minutes, just enough for him to bomb the dirt road.

[​IMG]
    With just passing the local MX park on our left side, they looked at us like, where did you guys come from... either way, the victory was ours and ours alone, no one could take that away from us!

[​IMG]
    Yeap! It's flat alright! No air of any pressurized type..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OK, this would conclude our first day of riding. Now, to work for a couple of days and we would be back on the bikes!!!

The next ride would knock down some 75+miles! Stay tuned...
    [​IMG]
  5. Salt Lick

Salt Lick Weissbiermann

Oddometer:
    Someday I'll get to Moab!:freaky
  6. Teeds

Teeds Don Quixote

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for more.

For those of us that have been there, what trails were you on?

The water crossings were Kane Creek, correct?

7. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    The creek crossings shown so far was that of Mill Creek on the Flat Pass Trail that is also apart of the StealBender Trail located off the 191 - Spanish Valley. This is from the National Geographic Trails Illustraded #501 Moab South map that I purchased for $10 at AAA.

We picked up the Moab North map at the MX shop too! Decent, but there is way more details out in the field vs. what is illustrated on the map. But that is apart of the fun...

Kane Creek is coming up next... it was more like Kane Sand Wash...
  8. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would you believe me if I told you...
    [​IMG]
    All these guys where standing around...

watching this guy:
    [​IMG]

Who was also dress like this the day before:
    [​IMG]
    he lost a serious bet!!! But somehow we think he enjoyed it!!!

Yes, we are talking rc rock crawling at it's finest:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: We found the locals bmx hang out and did some of this:
    [​IMG]

and some big air like this:
    [​IMG]

CHECK THIS OUT! It's not Moab, but it's what you can do with the HPI Baja 5B gas powered buggy:
    <OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cGqFOHico0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>
    120 mile run through the desert with the HPI Baja 5B - 5th scale R/C buggy!</P>

OK, on with our second day Ride Report!!!
  9. troutdog

troutdog I don't fish.

Oddometer:
    Front page photo.

Great report, fun read, and great pics.
  10. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    interesting combo. Any nitro action comin up? Write on! :clap
  11. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it's all about li-poly and brushless right now, especially for rc crawling...
    but the ol'SavageX and the new X4.6 are the hotnesss...
    but gas and 2-stroke oil in the Baja 5B is way cool too!!!

always something going on in the rc world of things!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I started on Day 2 Ride Report - and my compooter froze, lost my efforts...
    time to start over!
  12. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 2 of riding and we are rip roaring ready to go!!!

Prior to the trip, I purchased the National Geographic Trails Illustrated - Moab South #501 map. We did one loop and was ready to tackle another, larger loop. We did not want anything technical, we wanted to lay down as many miles as we could, see as much as we could - simple plan.

After looking at the map and plotting the possibilities, we saw what we thought would be an easy fast ride, or at least long and road based. We where looking at the short tarmac transit from town onto the Kings Bottom road. The legend indicated this was paved and hit dirt at Kane Springs Canyon. We did not want tarmac, but this was a short transit. Our focus was on "High Clearance Roads" and "4WD Roads", but we did not want to get onto trails that would eat up our time. We had the day and wanted to make the most of it!

The legend indicated that Kane Springs Canyon's road was a "High Clearance Road" and was a nice loop. We thought we would give that a whirl and if it was going good, half way down was a road called Chicken Corners Trail and is indicated as being a 4WD road on the National Geographic map. The Chicken Corners Trail was a point and return back to the Kane Springs road, but we could see this would be a "great view" area to go see.

On paper, we had a great little plan with options!

So, big breakfast, fueled and ready to hit it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From town we take Kane Creek Blvd off the 191 [road through town] and within less than maybe ten miles, we make way around the big bend and see this! We know we are headed in the right direction!!! This is the stuff postcards are made from!

[​IMG]
    Come'on....MAN!!! Not even 5-minutes into the ride and you have the camera out! Put that thing away and lets ride!!!

Fat chance of me putting my camera away!!
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if ever I will be back here so I want to make sure I capture what I can! Just look at these exotic turkeys with glude on peacock camo feathers!

[​IMG]
    Can you say rally car haven!!! Little Monte Carlo... dirt road transition to tarmac for safety... I can find ways to notch it up!!!

Can you say...
    [​IMG]
    Scenic!!! Just add swoopy line drawings on the road!!!

It's just an awesome place as we and you can go into this:
    [​IMG]
    Coming from here:
    [​IMG]
    Into this:
    [​IMG]
    Notice this is nice and smooth. Just ahead is the cut-off to Chicken Corners.

Chicken's starts off looking just as smooth and then it gets FUN!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With more twisties and rises quick and massive shear drops!
    You do not want to get over zealous and cook a corner.

[​IMG]
    Just and awesome view of an awesome place...

[​IMG]
    We just rode up from this valley as we entered from the left side. That long flat road [pictured above] is running right through the flat of the valley.

We may be into our ride, say 40-minutes, maybe an hour... I'm not keeping up with mileage or time...
    [​IMG]
    Felt like a place to stop...
    [​IMG]
    Signs make for good places to stop because:
    [​IMG]
    There are usually cool things to look at, like this interesting view.

My DirtDawgXR400 is posing by the rocks
    [​IMG]
    While JayShizzle scopes out what is ahead over the ridge.

Back at it!!!
    [​IMG]
    The Shizzle my nizzle, thizzle to rizzle moabzilla...

[​IMG]
    Yea, what he said!!! TG-DR'iZZlzz my nizzles...

Man, these Moab rocks be having you saying all kinds of stuff up in your helmet... to your self...

[​IMG]
    Great gooblywooblys - these views are just AWESOME... yea, gonna done did wear that word out...

Mental note - Check this out later... www.camelotlodge.com
    [​IMG]
    Base camp for next time???

[​IMG]
    BRRAAAAP!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just soaking it all in around me...

[​IMG]
    Self portrait.

[​IMG]
    Not a Kentucky Fried for miles!!! Looks like a ledge back there...

[​IMG]
    Yep! LEDGE! And you know someone has tried to take their "vehicle" around the ledge... hence the sign... "NO!"

[​IMG]
    By foot works just fine!

[​IMG]
    Soaking..........
    Posing:
    [​IMG]

What you find on the other side:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What you do on the other side... OK, what I did, maybe you won't...

OK, this is the turn around point... But I will wait for TG-DRZ to see what he can manipulate this image into. Last time he had me in the circus band.
    TG-DRZ - bring it!!!
  13. TG-DRZ

TG-DRZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:huh
  14. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Nice!! :D

Great report guys.
  15. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Peter Pan hu? Kiddy Adventure... yea, i've yet to grow up!!!

OK, on to the Ride Report.

We take a little break out here at Chicken Corners...

Shot me a post card:
    [​IMG]
    Love my XR400!

[​IMG]
    The color, the texture...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These guys are getting pushy, bullying the rocks and talking smack!

[​IMG]
    TG-DRZ mounted and ready.
    JayShizzle is leading out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We are on our way back to where the road spilts and take the easy road out through Kane Springs Canyon to continue our route loop plan.
    But, this nice road that we just came in is FUN! Now we get to run it back out. Fun road with lots of stuff to play around on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This gate leads down to the Adventure Hotel that I posted above.

[​IMG]
    This image barely captures the small green bush that is group out on this point. The little bush was just sitting out on this point that looked no larger around than my wheel. The rock is not attached to the cliff wall as it rises from the bottom floor at least a couple of hundred feet below. It was just one of those things I spotted out of my eye because it was all rock and then this little bit of green perched on top, just caught my eye.

[​IMG]
    This elderly couple was out traveling and wanted to get out and see this place as the wife was the committed one as she was driving! They had made it though all the rough stuff and get back out to the smooth road and then the tire let go. JayShizzle gave a helping hand and switched out the tire for them.

[​IMG]
    We are now on the Kane Springs Canyon road looking out to the Chicken Corners Trail. We had fun on that trail, we might need to find soem more options to add to the mix.

[​IMG]
    To the canyon we go!!!

HMMMMMMMM....
    Something is just not adding up - ??????
    [​IMG]
    Washes, washes, washings - all sorts of sandy crossings....
    OK, there is obviously some issues with the National Geographic map call out on the condition of this road!!!
    If you are driving a car/truck out on this section of road, it better be 4WD, not just "high ground clearance"
    [​IMG]
    Then it got into this long twisting sand wash. Yea, I'm flopping all over the place, but I am having fun - so much fun i'm laughing. My partners are not happy campers at this point. I'm laughing!
    Just good deep sand:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then it starts mixing in big river rock. And then to all river rock!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TG-DRZ is doing the mental scan so he can remember where all the rocks are so when he comes back and this is under water...
    [​IMG]
    He forgot the layout already... He saw this!
    [​IMG]

A piece of water:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems to be getting more water crossings!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another...
    [​IMG]
    All in all, I think we cross water like 30+ times. Total fun! This section needs to be a video!!!

All of a sudden we are climbing out of the bottom of the canyon. And then we come up on this. Again, this map is just down feeling so acurite. Visually it is going in the right direction, but the idication level can not be correct.
    [​IMG]
    These images never show you how it really is as it looks so easy... Photos are never difficulty sensitive!
    [​IMG]
    This gives you a little perspective as we are at the base of climb.

[​IMG]
    The "nature" shot.

[​IMG]
    This is what we have climbed so far. We are not turning back... We are just taking a moment and assessing the situation. So, I decided to make the hike up to see what we are going to be dealing with. It's hot, we are tired as we have been riding four+ hours so far. Not looking to be fighting anything, we are suppose to be knocking down miles!

A little hike up, I notice this little trail down on a lower route:
    [​IMG]
    The route we are headed on is the upper route. BUT, let me hike up a little more and just see what lays ahead as this lower trail could get just as ugly.

Further up on my trail, I can see back that the trail below is just below where our bikes are.
    [​IMG]

Further up and around the bend:
    [​IMG]
    I can see a bridge and where these two trails meet up!!! We are going to get to that lower route!!!

[​IMG]
    The lower route comes with it's own obsticles as well, but we are here and we are going forward. We are more than halfway and we don't like to just go back when there is a trail going forward!
  16. Roostn

Roostn On the Throttle Stop

Oddometer:
    I was looking at your pics in Khane Creek wash and thinking, "they should have taken the lower trail...", then you spotted it! I don't think that route is on the map and it is not apparent that you can get your bike down there. I can't wait to see how you dealt with the last big climb out at the end!
  17. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are at a bit of mental "low" at the moment but the visuals are awe inspiring. We have ran right into the deep walls of this canyon and its just amazing looking as we are what looks like a big bend where the canyon within one miles length turns almost 90degrees and the walls look less than half-mile apart. We are dropping now into the belly of this "curve" and the walls show just how forceful the water was.

[​IMG]
    TG-DRZ followed my lead. I walked it down. Sometimes you just have to make the mental deccision not to fight it. Plus, right at the bottom you skirt back to the left to line up for another creek crossing.

Right out of the creek, the trails and believe me, this is no longer a road, it's a trail and it quickly rises up to the next level where the bridge is.

[​IMG]
    Up above the tree is a crashed vehicle. We would later find out that it is like a '59 Willies Jeep.

Ahead and around the corner the trail just gets ugly for these bikes as I pondered trials bikes kitted out ADV style... would that work I wondered. I was actually thinking this when I was riding here...

Then I got lucky and captured this image. Sorry JaySchizzle as you oooppps lead to my successful image capture and I could not release it back into the wild.
    [​IMG]
    See folks, JS is our seasoned vetrian desert rider and for the past year of riding with him we have all fallen, fell over and or some silly act of dropping our bikes - ALL OF US except for J-Shiz!

But, not that I was happy to capture this image.. well, OK, just a little bit...
    but, what happened in this instant, was both myself and TG-DRZ lost a little moral. Spirits where quickly remove from the "fun bank" as this little section of rocks we would lable all kinds of things, but the one that stuck was: Delirium on the Rocks as we would spend aproximatly and hour here. We had to help each other walk/clutch all three bikes up this mess. JS as JS is, first tride to solo-ride it up and almost made it! It was silly! So we all jump in and helped get his bike up the hill. Next I would work the controls on TG-DRZ's DRZ400. He has electric start! And I would save the DirtDawg for last as minz it kickstart. After getting TG-DRZ's bike up the hill I just needed to rest. So I sit down to find some shade. I told these guys I wished to take a little 30min power-nap. I often do when I'm out on big rides, and this felt like the time and place to do it. TG-DRZ has never been with me on one of those sessions so he thought I was getting a little batty... speaking of bats, JS stirs up a bat nesting under one of the rocks. We hear the loud "shreeeK" and here comes JS flying out from behind the rocks! So he's a little wound up now and decides to come over and mess with me:
    <OBJECT height=350 width=425>
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GJcpjcPP1E#GU5U2spHI_4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>
    JS splashes GCRad1 at the delirium moment.
    Filmed, edited, soundtracked, and produced entirely on location by TG-DRZ FILMZ Inc.
  18. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like a lot of fun, i wish i could go on a trip like this. invite me next time!
  19. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same time next year!!!!
  20. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While a couple of locals said there would be a little climb at the end, we knew we had to be close because the "just getting through" here section was tricky. But once we got over our delirium moment, things got way better. More creek and the crossing of it! But with the canyon walls being as tight as they where I new it was inevitable that there was going to be a big climb out. But for the time, we where enjoying the creek bottom:
    [​IMG]

I was not taking as many photos on the last leg as it seemed we where coming out of the "forest" as we passed a little campground and the road seemed more civilized and "regular" tire tracks. We know it was almost over. The hill that was talked about... someone needs to send an "official picture" of it as I did come across a climb, it was dirt and nowhere near as crazy as the things we had just came through, no exposed rocks.

As we come up and out of the canyon I can see out across the plain, and out of the corner of my eye I see an 18-wheeler coming across my view! In that instant - ROAD!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey JS, what is that wet spot on the ground next to your bike?
    This gate had no markings or anything, so I have no real way to show you or tell you where we came out on the road. Sorry the ending wasn't more spectacular, but again, a camera can not capture the "feeling" you have of accomplishment.

Funny how my crew was all excited to see a paved road! Pave road means FOOD!!! Just a few miles up the road heading back toward town we come across this - Whole N"The Rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OK, this place was only good for some Scooby Snacks so we ask where we are and its only like 11-miles back into town of Moab. Our place we are staying is outside of town so we are closer. Stop and drop the bikes off, quick shower and head to town for a meal...

We go for pizza:
    [​IMG]
    Looking out the widow:
    [​IMG]
    Little Berkeley?...

Heading home from a weekend that will forever be burned into the memory as a great time!!! We will be back!!!
    [​IMG]