1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile speed cameras in NSW, and this is just NSW

Discussion in 'Australia' started by RowBust, Jan 12, 2021 at 9:51 PM.

1. KTM_Paul

KTM_Paul Sans KTM

Oddometer:
    Speed Camera Operator is Macquarie Bank, apparently they don't make enough money from Sydney Airport! :augie
    Oldfatbeerman likes this.
  2. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree. It’s revenue raising.
    I’m probably one of the few in here perhaps, that’s totally ok with it.
    I simply pay the speed tax and move on.

until some do good’er bans track days, or road or dirt racing, I don’t see the problem.

I knowingly speed a lot, but if I can’t see a speed sign and be aware of my surroundings, I shouldn’t be on a motorbike.
    The ticket for me is just the price of admission to enjoy myself or perhaps to travel safely on a motorbike in traffic.

I choose to be on a tiny, physically vulnerable form of transport and if I feel it’s too dangerous or unsafe, I can always buy a car.
    Missing a speed sign, is the same as missing the driver not slowing down at an oncoming intersection ahead, I should be aware of.

If the government wants to sharpen my observation skills, so be it.
    But if the government ever decides we shouldn’t have motorbikes on the road, I’ll go to the effort of making my voice heard.
    But for speeding, I just can’t be bothered. I’ll pay the speed tax.
    Cruz and wi11iamson like this.
  3. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Presume NSW also have Trucam which are hand held speed cameras and can be used in or out of a vehicle and produces a photograph the same as a fixed camera or camera vans.

Mobile Speed Cameras in Qld
    There are up to 3,000 mobile speed camera sites throughout Queensland. We select sites using strict criteria, including an assessment of speed related crash history. Other reasons to establish a mobile speed camera site include a known high-risk of speeding, in school zones, or at roadwork sites where the road workers health and safety may be at risk.

Sites are approved by regionally based Speed Management Advisory Committees, made up of representatives from the Queensland Police Service, Department of Transport and Main Roads, RACQ and local governments.
    Screenshot_2021-01-14-08-45-34-18.jpg
  4. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    Until you accrue enough points to lose your licence, and with double demerit points it won't take long. Also you are going to be slugged again by your insurance company
  5. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    In NSW revenue from cameras goes towards road safety, which incidentally includes funding the HWP, the money from HWP fines goes to government coffers, so this is some form of money laundering. This is the net revenue after the private operators gets their percentage whatever that is, haven't been able to find that out.
  6. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think they have subsidiary companies that have the tollways also . And they don't pay any tax
  7. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve paid the pay to play in the past.
    I try and be careful nowadays.
    License suspension, even QLD transport speeding school back in the 80’s when they used to have it.
    I’m sort of two extremes now. 100% safe, or total license loss in one hit, is probably where I’ll end up.

Generally I’m not doing stupid shit, but sometimes I just forget and I like speed.
    Can’t see it happening on my DR or harley,
    but a blink of the eye on my 1250 GSA during an overtake, and a well positioned radar and it’s game over.

I’m trying to teach myself better habits, but I’m a lousy student.
    Accepting the rules and playing by the rules, don’t always line up.
    I realised long ago I’m not always a smart man.
    numbat and Cruz like this.
  8. seancampbell

seancampbell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Could somebody smarter than me please download all those speed camera sites and upload them to my GPS, then program it to avoid those roads.
    tomo8r likes this.
  9. MultiDV8

MultiDV8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I set my GPS to warn me when I'm 5% over the limit. At least I use a male voice, that doesn't make it quite so bad.
    Cruz likes this.
  10. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    You won't be able to go far
  11. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    My GPSs already have speed camera locations and are set to warn.
    Depends on the brand, I just updated the maps on mine, new camera locations file was included.
    Obviously doesn't have mobile cameras.
    seancampbell likes this.