MOD F800/F700/F650 (twin) GS skid plate and top rack

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by toowheels, Dec 27, 2009.

1. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info on those set ups Steve and Craig !

Great pics on both posts too! (Sea Sheppard :thumb)

It's really satisfying to hear all the positive comments and feedback from the riders :D THANKS!

The next run of Top Racks is getting close...

Dave
  2. toowheels

Oddometer:
    The second run of Top Racks is just on it's way to the powder coaters! :clap

They will be ready to start shipping next week.

If you were waiting for one send me an email at; dave@motooverland.com to remind me and get you your Top Rack!

Thanks,

Dave
  3. toowheels

Oddometer:
    ba...your Top Rack shipped today!! Thanks!!

I'll send you the tracking #
    btw you also have one of the top ten avatars :lol3

That also means the second run of Top Racks is now available!

Thanks for everyone's patience and post some pics of them out and about.

:freaky Dave
  4. toowheels

Oddometer:
    A couple of pics showing the catalytic protection too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the set up with Holans...

[​IMG]

Thanks for all of the support and overwhelmingly positive feedback so far and Happy Adventuring! :clap

Dave
  5. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to receive my MOD rear rack this week! I will take photos once it's on. Thanks again Dave and crew.
  6. gpracer171

gpracer171 Kodak Courage

Oddometer:
    Is there a reason why this is not mounted to the rear? It would seem that I would rather have it behind my top bag. However it does not look like the rack is drilled to allow this configuration.
  7. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike,

No it is not set up to run that way. You could spin around the L bracket and run the Rotopax towards the back but that wouldn't give you as much space obviously as if it were all the way back. If you are running that set up solo though it might give you enough space for your top bag with the Top Rack in the rearward position? :ear

Let me know what you think.

Dave
  8. Zacharia_11

Zacharia_11 11th Assassin

Oddometer:
    Dave,

The top racks and skid plates arrived today. They look great, our bikes are still a few days away but well have something to put on them when they do finally get here.

I'll post some pics once they are installed.
  9. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Awesome...great to hear. :D
    Enjoy your machines when you get them!! :ricky :ricky

Dave
  11. Motoriley

Motoriley Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer:
    Are you motooverland guys going to be Rotopax dealers? I need some stuff and would order it from you.
  12. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Motoriley,

Thanks for the question and the loyalty. We do plan on carrying some RotoPax that works with our Top Rack but we haven't had the chance to get it going yet. Still trying to keep up with the Top Racks & V2 Skid Plates ...:wave ...the support has been great!

In the meantime if you want to get in on this side they have some here; www.quadshop.ca or otherwise of course you can use your ADV disc. with Rotopax directly.<cite></cite>

How's your Top Rack doin? Got any big trips planned? ...it sounds like you do!

Dave
  13. Motoriley

Motoriley Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer:
    No big trips planned. Just creating the ultimate poser special....
    Still love the rack though!

14. toowheels

Oddometer:
    :lol3...well you're probably so busy installing the kitchen taps!

so short trips then :ricky

Enjoy!

Dave
  15. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Brad,

Glad to hear you like it! :nod

Now get out there riding as someone has to do it for Motoriley!:rofl

Dave
  16. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Inmates,

MOD's going on a 6000 km mostly slab/ camping/ and some backpacking trip for the next two weeks. :eek1

Specifically we will be gone from May 8th. until May 25th.
    If you do want to order anything all of our BC dealers on our site have stock.

Check the website for contact info. www.motooverland.com

Thanks again for all the support and we'll see you out there! :ricky

Dave
  17. toowheels

Oddometer:
    We'll be stoppin' by at the Giant Loop Ranch in Bend and outfitting their new orange F800 GS with a MOD V2 Skid Plate as well.

By the way the Orange F8 looks cool with the orange Giant Loop Gear...pics to follow!

:freaky Dave
  18. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    Dave,

Great to meet you at the gas station in Austin. You never know where a ADVer will turn up. Hope your trip takes a turn (in temps) for the better.

I'll be contacting you later about a skid plate for my 800GS.

Enjoy the ride, and try to stay away from the snow!

Kyle
  19. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Got a text from him.... said tonight is the first camp night above zero! Holy Crap. Me and my girl are doing pretty much the same trip in June. Like I said to Dave, we'll have the opposite problem with temperature.
  20. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Kyle! Great to meet you too! We saw more than a few inmates out there...
    Next run of V2 Skid Plates will be available next week. Top Racks are in stock again and Tool Boxes are sold out for a while :(:

So we're back, about 6600 kms (4125 (s)miles) in the 19 days.
    We had some mean cold windy weather through SE Oregon and Northern Nevada (where we met Kyle) and we actually had to change our route a bit because of snow. Normally that doesn't worry us Canucks :D but two up with full gear and the Grand Canyon to get to, no chances were taken.

We spent four days and three nights backpacking in the Grand Canyon around Horseshoe Mesa, East of the corridor. It was incredible and it's a whole different world down there!!

In our travels we also went to Lake Mead, Canyon de Chelly, Mesa Verde, Antelope Canyon, Glen Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Zion and did some hiking. All amazing and I had even seen a lot of it on my way back from Baja four years ago. Then we got pummeled with more cold and wind coming back up :lol3
    But we made it and spent our last night camping just outside of the Cascades in WA.

Some pics...

[​IMG]
    They say it's not an adventure without something going wrong...the electrical system went down so the battery wouldn't charge. Conveniently in Bend when we were visiting Giant Loop guys. (Thanks HOC and Wachs for the hospitality) Not wanting to bump start the bike everyday I took it apart in Bend (Tool Box in action), cleaned everything up and it worked! :nod I also had a fork seal blow out (rotor side of course) then followed a few days later by the other side.

[​IMG]
    Camp at Horseshoe Mesa. Like I said it's a whole different world down in the Grand Canyon. There's a lot to see that you'll never see from the top. Highly recommended!
    We wouldn't have even had the yellow dry bag on top of the rear box if it weren't for the need to carry our backpacks for this part of the trip on the bike.

[​IMG]
    Off the East side of Horseshoe Mesa. Very beautiful all around...

[​IMG]

Camp at Hance Creek...really noisy with all the tiny little canyon frogs belting out their strange sounds...really good though.

[​IMG]

Coming back from the ghost town of Pahreah, UT (all pretty much gone except for the refurbished Cemetary which has nothing later than 1896). The old Western movie set had also been burnt down and was gone. One of the few times in the dirt as this trip was pretty much all slab :cry 'cause miles and time restraints.

Equipment side notes;

Brittania Composites fairing and lighting works really well! thread here; http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321586&highlight=britannia

We also used Armored Outdoor Gear's Ratsack critter proof food bag. Highly recommended too! Although we'll have to hang it since we are back in bear country there have been some pretty crafty tightwire walking 'Coons that will have to get their food from somewhere else since ours is now protected. www.armoredoutdoorgear.com

Back to the grindstone now and Tom your Top rack has shipped!

Cheers,

Dave