Mojave Ride Invite for March 16th-22nd

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Stinez, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Well it’s been another year and it’s time to do the desert again so I’ll C&P the invite from last year with the new dates

-----

Mojave Ride Invite for March 16th-22nd

A group of us from Nor Cal are heading to California City to trailer camp the weekend of March 16th to the 22nd to ride our dirt bikes all over this beautiful area. We’ve discussed the idea and we’d like to extend an invite to the ADV rider community.

It’s a no host event which means that you’re responsible for the stuff you need. We often share but being self-sufficient is the norm.

We’ll have every kind of ride and riders from meandering rides around the local area to long days in the saddle going to exotic and often technical locations that may include ~100 mile days. (Gas may be available in towns we visit) The only thing asked of you is that you be honest about your ability and that you bring well maintained equipment capable of the ride(s) you choose to join.

Some of our group stays in the motels in the town of Mojave which is about 20 miles from where we camp. They usually hang out well into the night and leave their bikes, gear and whatever (tents, tables, tools etc) with us for safe keeping over night.

This is a great group of fun loving responsible grown-ups who like to have fun, so if you come, smiles and good attitudes are a must.

I hope some of you can make it for some or all of this fun. And if nothing else ride your street bike out for a day and or evening of fun. :super

S
  2. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    may be I make this time for a few days.
  3. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:

March Mojave Madness strikes again!

We SURE had a good time last year ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully those pesky helicopters will stop parking on the trail! :lol3

THANKS for the great photos Steve!

Catfish ...
  4. Stinez

Oddometer:
    The time spent off the bike were fun too.

Although Adam sure sucked at this part of it.
    [​IMG]
    Hi Adam. :wave :smooch

And then someone spilled a little gas.
    [​IMG]

But even with all the sucky parts we did have a great turnout. :thumb
    [​IMG]
  5. crazybrit

crazybrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Catfish clued me into this. I'd always wanted to come to his Xmas gig but this is better cos it will be warmer :D Anyone making the trip down from OR/WA who'd be interested in sharing the ride. Too long for solo (I know, wuss).

I'll probably be tenting it unless anyone has any extra room.
  6. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the status on this. The thread hasn't been active for awhile. Are the dates still good?
  7. TwoWheelsGood

TwoWheelsGood Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer:
    Steve and Catfish,

I'm gonna see if I can get a hall pass for this ride. I would probably join you Wed evening and ride through Saturday. Truck, trailer, dog, WR250R, and running shoes.

Good call moving the campsite to the other side of Tank 3. I like that side better. I know there is/was a little bit of cell service on that side. Hoping I can catch a little internet service = my biz partner will be none the wiser that I'm in the dez :D.

All, this a great ride with great folks. I've joined Mike, Steve, and crew a couple times in CalCity. Very friendly folks, wide variety of riders who know the area very well.

Rich
  8. Stinez

Oddometer:
    As much as I hate to say it my participation in this event is looking more doubtful by the day.

I’m not officially “out” but it looks like a trip to bid my Father-in-law a final farewell is in the cards and is certainly the priority.

One thing is nice about it is that all 4 of his kids want to celebrate the Man’s life so it won’t be as depressing as it could otherwise be. :beer
  9. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:

Hi Jason,

The dates are still good and this ride is ON! I have updated our Mojave-Madness file to include the location of the NEW campsite just south of the Borax Bill Park. Also several new tracks in a new GPX file.

However, I personally have a new conflict that is going to keep me away this year. I have been accepted into the only MSF RiderCoach Prep Class in California this year, and its scheduled for the last two weekends of March. Sorry.

We have 4-5 Northstars & friends planning to go at this point. Two of these will be celebrating their mutual St.-Patrick's-Day Birthdays, with one of them being his 50th. Should be a GREAT party Thursday evening! Several others are getting splinters in their ASS from the fence they are currently straddling. :lol3

Good to hear you might make it too Rich! I will update further info as it becomes available.

Catfish ...
  10. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You'll like doing it. I've been a Rider/Coach coming up on eight years now. Plus, it's easy money.

Also, thanks for the info on the ride.
  11. Stinez

Oddometer:
    I'm officially "out" for the reasons already stated.

Sorry about that. :eyes

I hope some of you will show up for this ride because it really is a great group of people to hang out and ride with. :thumb
  12. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stinez..

Sorry to hear this on many levels. I know how you look forward to this trip every year and I know how you feel about family so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sorry for your loss :cry

Gerg
  13. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have an interest in this...seeing how I didn't make it to JV this weekend.
    My weekends are subject to business activity. If by Friday evening it looks like Im clear...I'm in.
  14. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's too bad no one came out this year. I guess the weather kept some away? Also, the group was at the old campground from two years ago, instead of the one they had listed on the website. Here's some pictures I took. There were only four riders on the Saturday ride. It got pretty cold later in the day.

Here's the campground to the north of Water Tank 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Galileo Hill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The way to Randsburg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then some fun stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice scenery along the way.

[​IMG]

It was a good ride. Hopefully, next years turn out will be better.
  15. TwoWheelsGood

TwoWheelsGood Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer:
    Sorry I couldn't make it. This is a great location and would make a good basecamp for an ADV ride.
  16. crazybrit

crazybrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoping next year someone from OR/WA is going and we can share the drive. Wanted to come but too far for me to solo it.
  17. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    Can I get on a pm/e mail list for next year? Id have loved to do this ride but I'm just hearing about it now
  18. Ratchdaddy

Ratchdaddy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would also like to know about this ride if it comes up next year. I live about 1.5 hours from there and it sounds like fun. I just discovered this thread tonight.
  19. Stinez

Oddometer:
    That's the lowest turnout I've ever seen on this ride. :huh
    But then I haven't been doing this trip as long as some of the others so I'm not sure if that's an all time low or not? :dunno

There isn't really an e-mail list to add you to BUT it might be something you can add to a phone reminder in say Late January/early February if your phone can do that.
    I'll try to send PM's once next years thread gets posted, based on past desires and participation, but a phone calender reminder might be a good idea as a backup.

FWIW- I think lots of things came together to lower the participation this year (MC training, illness, recoveries etc) and I'd bet that next year's turnout will be much higher. :deal
  20. Gravel Traveler

Gravel Traveler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought I won at stale bun desert golf, that's what the trophy I have says. Oh, there was that one stray shot full of rocks into the back of Kens trailer, but I did warn him to put his goggles down.

We have the Arizona trailer sorted now, and should make it for next year.

Adam.