Mondo Motos Auxiliary Lighting

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Ice Bat, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Ice Bat

Ice Bat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone use these? I know Prop did at one point because he turned me on to them. I don’t believe they’re in business any longer. They don’t respond to email.

I like them with one major fault. I have yet to complete a trip of 1000+ miles without one or both mounts failing. They fatigue at the bend and break, leaving the light dangling by its wiring.

Anyone else have this issue? I don’t know if it’s common or something to do with the vibration that’s unique to the crash bars on my GSPD.

I’m looking for suggestions on a beefier mount that will fit now that I’m down to my last 2.

Thanks,

Ice Bat
  2. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Ice Bat

Ice Bat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Tiger. Yes, the MM10s are what I was referencing. Thanks for the link. This must be an issue unique to my setup.
  4. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Probably best just to make custom mounts to replace those brackets. Should be pretty simple - let me know I can help you with that. My own MM10's have been fine, but they are nevertheless not the sturdiest brackets, so we should be able to come up with something better.
    Tiger993 likes this.
  5. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
  6. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had seen the ADV Monster lights you mentioned on their website and thought at the time that they were a very similar design to the MM10, and might even be identical. Has the ADV Monster version been good lights for you?
  7. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    They've been solid. Having had both, I'm sure the MM10's are the same unit as these. I've been happy with both types.
  8. Ice Bat

Ice Bat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Prop. I’m going to contact AdV Monster and get a suggestion as to which bracket he’d recommend based on my experiences the last number of years.

I may very well be in touch with you regarding fabricating something even beefier.
    propforward likes this.
  9. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Good. I have interesting scotches to test as well. Fabricate first. Then scotch. And dark and stormies.
    Paper likes this.
  10. Ice Bat

Ice Bat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can fabricate just about anything you want to hear as an excuse to drink scotch.
    Paper likes this.