Mongolia to Magadan: Any which (the hard) way

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ChrisUK, Mar 13, 2014.

1. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, MICN Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just linked to this thread through The Bright Stuff and thought it was familiar. Looks like I posted here over 7 years ago. Loving rereading this.

Bump!

Tahoe
    AteamNM likes this.
  2. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that comment. I remember that trip from 2013 with great fondness. What an adventure!

Hopefully, assuming land borders being open, I can revisit that part of the world again in 2022.
    live2ridetahoe, joenuclear and ilten like this.
  3. live2ridetahoe

Oddometer:
    I’d like to revisit as well. Fond memories of Mongolia. Would like to try Russia. I think I would like to ship my bike to South Korea. I could explore there and then go to Vladivostok. Vlad to Baikal and then to the Vitim Bridge. I HAVE to ride that bridge. It is my white whale.

After that, go to Mongolia and figure out a loop there.

It all starts with an idea.

Tahoe
    steved57 and ChrisUK like this.
  4. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Best to try to ride the Vitim Bridge asap. A little while ago one of the main structural pillars got washed away! The thing is still standing, but not sure I'd want to drive a car across. A bike, maybe ;-)

There's a Vitim River Bridge Club on FB. Reach out with your FB moniker and I'll send an invite to join. Also if you need S.Korea/ Vladivostok bike logistical assistance.
    live2ridetahoe likes this.
  5. live2ridetahoe

Oddometer:
    Oh no! That does not look good for me and my future travel plans. I have head that the visa situation is not great right now between Russian and other countries. That, combined with COVID and today’s date on the calendar, put me out a year or two out…

I’ll PM you my info. Thank you sir.

Tahoe
  6. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully Russian land borders will be open next year. Hope to travel in Siberia again next year.

Replied to your pm just now too.