Monstone Transport Review

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hgwilliam, Sep 25, 2018.

1. hgwilliam

hgwilliam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello All,

I saw Monstone Transport on ADV Rider and messaged Paul trying to see if he could take my bike from Toronto, Ontario to Vancouver this summer.

Anyone looking for this service, I HIGHLY recommend using Monstone Transport and Paul. The service was amazing, I had no nerves regarding my bike and its safety during the drive out West. Paul was extremely fair on the price, and at the time he beat every other quote I received.

Paul went above and beyond for me personally, even becoming a tour guide for me around Vancouver Island (the highlight of my entire trip).

This was the first time I ever did something like this, so for those of you thinking of it/nervous, Paul is fantastic to work with. I am in the process of trying to convince my father to join me next year to do a similar trip. The convenience of using Monstone Transport was amazing and I am looking for excuses to do this trip again!

Thought I'd share with any of you planning some trips.

P.S to those of you thinking it, no, I am not getting anything in return for this post. I had never done something like this and would regret it if i did not inform others who are debating a cross Canada ride (with limited time) to consider this.
    knight, Lycan1, CCitis and 1 other person like this.
  2. CCitis

CCitis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a ride report of said trip?
  3. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    I recommended him to two riders I met at Lake Louise a couple of weeks ago that were on their way to the east coasting a BMW. Wanting to ship from Toronto to Vancouver.
  4. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie Send lawyers, guns, and money. The SHTF.

Oddometer:
    Out of curiousity, what is the going rate to have your bike delivered to B.C?
  5. hgwilliam

Oddometer:
    I am not talented/energetic to create a ride report while on the go, unless I combine all the trip into a single post now. I had limited time so I didn't have many days of rest to pull out the laptop.

For me, I booked around March 2018, there was a fuel increase (as we all know) so it totaled around $975 to $1,000. The cheapest quote I could find elsewhere at the time was $1,150, which was almost the same as flying it to France between May-September
    knight likes this.
  6. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie Send lawyers, guns, and money. The SHTF.

Oddometer:
    $1000 seems very reasonable to me, especially with a personalized service like this where you deal directly with the driver.

A decade ago I sent a bike to Vancouver to its new owner and used a trucking company. It was much cheaper than $1000, but I had to source a crate, get the bike and the crate to the terminal, then it was driven as cargo somewhere in a trailer full of other goods by some unknown driver(s) to another terminal on the other end. It all worked out, but not without some worry and a lot of hassle. As a traveler, the trucking option would be too much of a hassle due to needing a crate, etc, so this kind of bike transport seems ideal.
  7. JayDee24ca

JayDee24ca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is Monstone usually slow to respond to queries on his website? I sent a couple of emails via his website, and got automated responses saying he would get back to me. It has been a week. is that normal for him? On the road perhaps? Vacation?
    JD
  8. hgwilliam

Oddometer:
    JD,

He got back to me within a couple of days, just last week when I contacted him through the website. He informed me he is very busy right now. That could be a possible reason.

Normally he gets back within 1-3 days
  9. black lightning

black lightning Flat out

Oddometer:
    He is currently headed east from Victoria to Halifax and then returning and picking up my bike on the way back to deliver to Canmore from N of T.O..
  10. JayDee24ca

JayDee24ca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks, I figured he would be plenty busy this time of year. I will just have to be patient. Hopefully he will include my bike from Kingston Ontario to BC on the same trip that he makes for BL to Canmore.
    JD