Montreal on 20-24 April

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drif10, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Gonna be in town for a few days, doing the staff ride with Flanny on the 23rd.

Anyone interested in meeting for coffee, maybe wednesday or thursday evening?
  2. KLR04

KLR04 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too bad you're not coming on the 19th, we have a gathering every Tuesday night in Laval (the island North of Montreal). The place is Harvey's on the West side of highway 13 at the corner of Notre-Dame, just South of highway 440. During the summer, there are a few hundred bikes, a mix of d/s, customs, touring, Harleys, etc. Last week, our small gang included a Tiger, 2 V-Stroms, a DR650, an older Dakar Beemer and my KLR.

If you can't make it then, drop me a line we'll go for coffee or a ride.

Marc
  3. Drif10

Oddometer:
    They still doing Friday night drags from Galleries D'Anjou? Did that once or twice. :D Maybe 3 times. Or four. :evil

That Harvey's is new. When I used to live in Chomedey Notre-Dame ended at the 13, there was nothing there.

Looks like I'm arriving wed nite, leaving sunday morn. Maybe thursday night. East lookout on the Mountain, the one that faces the Big O? Heard that bikes ain't allowed up there anymore, so it sounds like just the place to meet. :evil We used to terrorize Westmount all the time cause they insisted on posting no bike signs. :ricky

Who else is in the area?
  4. KLR04

Oddometer:
    Hi there,
    I'm not sure if the Galeries d'Anjou is still running, I've heard many stories about hundreds of bikes racing down Notre-Dame runnning red lights and the drags downtown, not usually my kind of crowd, too many LOUD bikes, burnouts, racing, in my opinion not the best thing for public acceptance of motorcyclists. There used to be an unofficial racers' night at Harvey's but I understand they were asked not to come back because of noise, racing, stunts, etc. The current Harvey's location replaced the one on Curé Labelle after too many complaints from the neighbors, shoud not become an issue at the new location. There has been a LOT of development, both commercial and residential, along the 13 in the past few years, you probably would not recognize the place. Send an email when you get in town, we'll arrange to meet for a beer or two or...

Marc
  5. scratchypants

scratchypants Loathes the impolite

Oddometer:
    Shit Drif, not during the week - unless you wanna make a bit of a trek south, like 50 km's or so.
  6. Drif10

Oddometer:
    When I leave tomorrow afternoon, no more web. Mom ain't got a puter. Check your PM's.

Looch, riding on saturday with Flanny, then home again on sunday morn.
  7. Drif10

Oddometer:
    En route. I've PM'd my cell number to KLR04, PM him for it if you want to hook up.

KLR04, call me this afternoon or tomorrow and we'll see where and when we can get together for a coffee.

Road trip! :evil
  8. scratchypants

scratchypants Loathes the impolite

Oddometer:
    Bit soggy, are we? What a farkin' miserable weekend that was.
  9. KLR04

Oddometer:
    How was the ride Saturday? I was at the BMW club event in St-Esprit, we had a guy ride in from La Tuque (he rode back the same day, he was planning 4 hours for the return trip).

Marc
  10. Drif10

Oddometer:
    This answer your question?

[​IMG]