Montreal show this weekend

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drif10, Feb 20, 2006.

1. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    It all depends on which way you see this. If you were going to shell out the $14.00 to see those two bikes you would be pissed that I didn't mention it. :D

However that said ... one of the hottest bikes at the show was the Kawa ZX14..... Just an amazing machine.....

AND Moto International is having a big tire sale ! :clap
    I bought a set of Pilot Roads for the GS for $300.00 tax in.

Have fun tomorrow..... hp
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    no pics? :cry
  3. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Took a bunch, but there wasn't anything new worth posting about. Shortage of ladies in little clothing, damnit. The ones that were scatily dressed, well, we were thinking about asking them to put some clothes back on.

BMW Canada guys were seriously pissed at NA because an Atlanta dealer had demo GSA'a and others while they had none for the show. They weren't sure about that fact until I showed them the threads here. :evil
  4. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    I have to agree there wasn't much to shoot at the show. The nicest chicks were to be found at the concession booths selling everything from chain lube to tight bad ass leathers...

I'm surprised by the BMW Canada guys comments about NA cause I thought BMW Canada and BMW NA were entirely separate entities and have ZERO to do with each other.... i'm prolly out of the looop but that what I heard from the guys at Moto Int.

hp
  5. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Believe they get the show bikes from them. Impression I got from the booth guys, anyways.
  6. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    that would make sense considering were on the same continent.. why have to import two sets of bikes.. in that case i'm pissed too that i didn't get to see the adventure & the kgt........

Are you located in QC ?

hp
  7. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Near Trenton. About 4 hours west of Mtl. Mom lives in Lasalle.
  8. tommythecat

tommythecat Vive ut vivas

Oddometer:
    Hey Drif...

Looked for you at opening but there were a lot of people...:norton

Liked my first experience, not sure I will do it again. I got to sit on a 950 Adventure so my life is complete :D

Hope I'll run into a couple of people from ADV this summer... I had a look at the FMQ membership and since I don't have a belly or chaps :lol3, looks like I am going to be riding on my own :cry
  9. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Lots of riders from Mtl, Ottawa, and the Townships. Looch lives down near the border, too. Lots of folks to ride with.

Where you at?
  10. tommythecat

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear that, espacially that I have to ride with a "mentor" :nortonfor a few weeks since I don't have my full licence yet :bluduh

I'm just on the southshore of Montreal in a place called Varennes. I'd like to ride in the township, my girlfriend is from there and I found some nice road scouting last summer!

I want to become a good rider and it would be cool to have some support on the first few rides, especialy on dirt. I have ridden on dirt
    before, but not with a brand new 650...:wink: was more like a 1979 100cc :lol3

Hope we'll get a chance to ride :thumb... I'm getting the bike early April...weather permitting :bluduh

Where u at?

Cheers!
  11. tommythecat

Oddometer:
    Bump... my very first try at it! :D

Cheers!
  12. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Sorry, missed this post.

I'm near Trenton, in Ontario. I think Looch isn't too far from you, he's more south towards the border, but a lot closer than I.

Check out Rally Connex, they're doing a dual sport GPS ride in your area (gps not essential for these rides.) Good bunch, and good routes for you guys to try out.
  13. tommythecat

Oddometer:
    Thanks Drif, i'll check that out.

I'll pm you if we ever go riding in Ontario if you don't mind...

No worries about the post! :D

Cheers! :freaky

Nick

PS: So you drove all the way from Trenton for the Montreal show? :huh
  14. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I drove from Toronto :deal

15. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Yup. It's usually better than it was this year, IMO. I go mostly to catch to old friends. Raced for years, a lot of my old riding and racing buddies are now industry guys, so it's a great chance to get together, as a bunch of them are working the show.

Plus, mom lives in Lasalle, so I leave the wife at home, bring the boy with me, and everyone's happy. Wife gets a weekend off, mom gets to play grandma, and I get to benchrace with old friends. Win, win, win, all for a few hours driving. :D

You'll also find that a lot of this gang in Adv don't mind travelling. In fact, they kind of live for it. Hell, I've done 1600km days on my thumper just travelling from a rally. And I'm by no means a high miler around here, far from it. Check out the mileage thread, you'll see. :D
  16. tommythecat

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Was it woth it?
  17. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Hell yea it was worth it. I was hoping to hook up with some ADVrider types but I didn't see anyone arounf the BMW display :huh No big deal I plan on heading out to it again next year. I have to confess my sister just moved to the area and that also helped make the trip worthwhile :deal

18. tommythecat

Oddometer:
    I taught I was cool too. I got to sit for a few minutes on the bike I will be getting in a couple of weeks... klr 650 2006!!! Can't wait!

I also got to sit on a couple of dream machines, KTM 950 in particular.

I also found the V-Strom pretty cool, very confortable right away. I see the Wolf owns one... I think it might be the next machine once the KLR dies... like that's ever going to happen! :evil

Cheers guys! If you come riding in La belle province, give me a shout! :freaky
  19. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I know I'll be out that way come summer as I'll be visiting my sister.. She lives in St. Lazare and her hubby rides too

Type @ Ya'll Later
    Night_Wolf

http://www.intruderalert.ca