montreal to london england

Discussion in 'Canada' started by thegary, May 1, 2006.

1. thegary

thegary Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone,

I planning on doing a bike trip this summer and was hoping there is a boat that i can put me and my bike on from the montreal / toronto etc area and land in england somewhere. I have heard people doing this, but i am unable to find and information about it.

any info would be great.

thanks
    thegary
  2. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doesn't the Queen Elizabeth 11 still do Southampton to New York? Might as well make it a vacation to remember.
    That said, I think you'll find freight companies linked to cago freighters who would find room, especially those freighters who are in the practice of taking on tourists/travellers. These freighters have modest state rooms and you dine [rather well I understand] with the ship's crew. I'm sure a travel agent with bollocks could set something up.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  3. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
  4. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
  5. .jesse

.jesse 1337

Oddometer:
    It's not a boat, but I've heard good/cheap things about ANA Aviation from a guy I met who was riding his KLR from Vancouver to Switzerland and back.

http://web.ana-aviation.com/ANA_WEB.nsf/
  6. thegary

thegary Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thank you for all the great info. I will go over it all and see what is the best option.

thegary
  7. lost1

lost1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    let me know if you need a place on the Quebec side. I am in the Gaspesie, and its well worth the visit. I have travelled with my bike on ships across the red sea, tasman sea, Indonestia etc but nothing across the Atlantic...
  8. fyr

fyr iRoast Coffee

Oddometer:
    Check out Cast shipping (or CP shipping)
    They sail from the Port of Montreal, you may get a berth on a container ship.
    If Montreal shipping is still around they may steer you in the right direction. (But Im not sure they are still operating)

Actually PM me, I have a friend who works as a checker (longshorman) in Montreal and Im going back this weekend. I should be back by Monday..