Moose and Mini Travels

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Moose_DK, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good news!
  2. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great adventures! Interesting, when I view a few of the youtube files, then they all go white with asterisks in them. Reload the page and they are ok.

Are you coming back to the states this summer?
  3. Moose_DK

Moose_DK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure why.. they all work on my laptop.. even if the page take a little longer than usual to load..

anyway.. YES.. Im coming back...
    not sure when yet.. but we are planning a trip in june with Camillas parents too.. So lets see what happens.
  4. mmcander

mmcander CelticRider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great videos Esben - we miss you and look forward to seeing you soon...

:)
  5. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    I knew you would like the videos.. isnt it said that a pcitures tells a thousand words... then a video might tell a thousand times more than a picture.

I know some of then is in danish... but I figured that at least it would show some of the places we have been.. and how we have punished the pour Suzuki's

I have also posted the videos in the posts where they belong.. and the plan is do more of that next time..
  6. GISdood

GISdood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome videos, Esben! They really do show just how much fun the two of you have while on the road. Not that your pictures don't, of course... but the videos just add that little extra - especially the laughter. Great stuff! Looking forward to future updates!
  7. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone.
    My girlfriend and I has now visited the US three times the last three years and traveled more than 30.000 miles around the states.

This summer we have arranged for Camillas parents and her brother to join us. So now we are looking for at bike for my girlfriends brother too.

So I just wanted to ask if someone happens to have a used Suzuki DRZ400S for sale.
    Im looking for one, and I hope to find one in the bay area/mid california area.
    Max price will be about 2500-3000$. Miles and age does not matter a lot.

If possible I hope to find one that already has a large gastank installed, and it would be even better if it also had some kind of luggage rack.
    Other than that the more stock the better.

Im not looking for a race bike, but a good trustworthy travel bike.

So send me a PM or send me an email if you have a DRZ sitting in the back of your garage or know someone who has one and would be willing to sell.

I have some time to find the right bike, and will not HAVE to find one before may.
  8. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    Yeah We are coming back!! I am flying to Oakland on Tuesday April 24th.. I have tons of plans but mostly important Camilla, her parents and her brother are planning a big Family trip in June.

We have planned a trip from Oakland, via Reno and across Nevada to Moab in UT. There we have planned a Rafting trip and some Mountain biking. Then we ride to Zion NP to do "The Narrows". Then of cause we will check out Grand Canyon... but this time the south rim.
    Then a quick stop in Vegas for a Show and some gambling.
    and the last strech back to Oakland will go through Death Valley and Yosemite!
    All this will happen from June 7th to June 28th.

Since we are now 5 people we need more bikes. Camilla and I will be riding our trusted DRZ's and we have gotten a nice Yellow DRZ for Camillas brother.
    [​IMG]

Its goin to be super fun. When Camilla and her Parents fly home again, her brother Christian will stay with me for 3 weeks. We dont really have anything planned but maybe a 2 week dirt trip somewhere...

Then on August 9th Im flying back home again.

And what about me and my broken leg. Well after 6 months of intense physiotherapy and training Im totally ready again and I have been out riding again.

This is from a race last sunday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Camilla is VERY ready for a new trip. We have been riding a lot this spring already.
    Camilla has gotten a "new" little dirtbike and its really really cute..
    [​IMG]

For more serious riding she still rides her KX85.. Its amazing this bike is still alive!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ok its evil only to show this.. She is a really god rider.. She won the womens class over her Rival Pia who is riding a KTM450!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Again I will try and update once in a while during the trip, but If I fall behind I will update the rest when Im back home.
  9. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    This was my last weekend home before flying to San Francisco. Camilla and wanted to do something different and not just sit at home. My uncle has a cabin not to far away so we borrowed it for the weekend.
    [​IMG]

We got some good food!Food is important....but all ADVrider know that!
    [​IMG]

MEAT!!
    [​IMG]

Also we got to use the kayaks to play around for a few hours.
    [​IMG]

We called my kayak "the diving duck"
    [​IMG]

all in all a really great weekend.. now I just need to pack a few things and then Im ready to jump on a plane and spend 3 months in the US.. mostly in California, but also Nevada, Utah....and maybe somewhere else.. who knows?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon!
  10. mmcander

Oddometer:
    Safe travels ESPN. We are looking forward to your arriving. Camilla we will take good care of Esben :freaky

We will see you in June
  11. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
  12. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    Im sitting here in the airport lounge...waiting for my plane.... Good thing there is beer on tab to pass the time!
    [​IMG]

In about 15 hours I will be in San Francisco!
  13. Nanuq

Nanuq Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer:
    Point Hope, Sitka & Biorka Island- all in Alaska
    Good luck in the States, if your ever in Sitka, Alaska you are always welcome at our campfire. I might cross paths with you this summer. I'm heading down to the lower forty8 to possibly try a the Iron Butt 50cc challenge. I think I'll start in San Diego and finish in Jacksonville, Florida.

:evil
  14. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    Hi
    Thanks.. even though Im pretty sure not going to end up in Alaska this summer.. Im going for sun and heat I think :-)
    I will keep you all updatet on where I am... but I will mostly be in California, Nevada and Utah.... or maybe in Colorado for a little while.. I would love to go riding in the rockies again!

15. mpanther

mpanther KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer:
    If you make it to Las Vegas, with time to play a bit or sleep. lol, look me up on the "tent space" thread. Moose & Mini know of our hospitality. I would imagine on your way Back, a 50cc doesn't have much time to spare. *grin*

Looking forward to seeing two you again Moose.

16. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    So I got to the danish airport way to early so I went to the little airport lounge to relax a little
    [​IMG]

then a quick flight to Franfurt! and then on the big plane to San Francisco.
    the plane was only half full so I had 3 seat for myself.. Awesome!
    [​IMG]

by the way.. good things they are not running windows in planes... It would suck to have to restart midair!
    [​IMG]

First look of San Francisco
    [​IMG]

Today I got Camillas little DRZ startet up, installed a new chain, new oil and even got a kickstart kit installed.
    Also went for a little ride today.. GREAT!
  17. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    So my good friend Peter is in the US right now and has just gotten a wildcard for the x-games in Vegas on june 29th! But he has NO team, No bike, NO nothing except for a good spirit and skills!
    So if you know ANYONE who can help or someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who can help then please forward the following!

_______________________________________________________________________________
    "Hay America!

Once in a lifetime, some really crazy shit happens... like getting a Wild-Card for the Endurocross Race at X-Games on June 29. 2012. That just happened to me a week ago.
    Coming from Denmark with a very limited network in America, I am in mad need for help to make my X-Games debut a success.
    First thing is getting a bike and/or a team. Any bike/team that wants to have me onboard, has my full attention and I'd be happy to meet you while I'm in California from april 30.-may 16.
    If that isnt possible, then emails and skype can serve us well for some quick dialogue.

Who am i?
    I am 27 and I have been dominant at the Danish Enduro races since making the shift-over from Motocross in 2007. So far this year I have won the races I have taken part of, as well as the Danish Extreme Enduro Championship. Besides Enduro I do a lot of Trials riding and Show-Riding is my speciality and I hold the unofficial World Record in most backflips in 2 minutes. With an average of just above 7 seconds pr. backflip, I made 17 in 2 minutes.Video.

Later this year I will be racing the Pro Class at RedBull Romaniacs and hopefully I can scrap enough money together to do Extreme Enduro races in Turkey, Portugal and South Africa.
    Last but not least, I will be part of the Danish Line-Up at the ISDE (International Six Days Enduro aka. World Championship for teams)."

De bedste hilsener / my best regards

Peter Weiss - 011-45-6146475
    email: info@peterweiss.dk
    http://www.moto-show.dk
    http://www.peterweiss.dk

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is is a few pictures of who Peter is and what he can do!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    So just a quick little update.

This weekend I got the chance to go riding in the woods again.. I have been looking forward to that for a very long time!

My DRZ was at my friends cabin where I left it last year after I broke my leg. But I got to borrow Michaels little BMW.
    [​IMG]

I could have taken the freeway most of the way but I got of and took the smaller roads most of the way from Oakland to Placerville..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the last part is on highway 49 and is really nice!
    [​IMG]

and I stopped for lunch..
    [​IMG]

You only get one guess what I had!!!!
    [​IMG]

Up at the cabin I found my beloved DRZ just as I left it last year!
    [​IMG]

I put in the battery and pushed the little magic button!!! and guess what.. It fired right up!
    so that night we celebrated with homemade chocolate cake!
    [​IMG]

I think it looked like a giant OREO
    [​IMG]

Tasted REALLY good!
    [​IMG]

So the whole point of going to the cabin was to go riding.. and we did.. well most of us.. Michael crashed before even hitting the dirt roads and broke his wrist and a finger!! that really sucks but we are all just happy that he had all the riding gear on.. it could have been much worse!
    But we all know the risk when getting on a bike! ATGATT

But me and the girls went out in the woods.
    [​IMG]

I have learned a lot about riding techniques the last few years and wanted to teach some of the basics to the girls. It went really well and I think they also had fun!
    [​IMG]

And I found a nice little mud puddle!
    [​IMG]

Sunday Michael had to go and have the hand checked but Emily and I went out riding all day!
    [​IMG]

Emily has improved a lot this last year and is getting really fast, but those shorts legs can be problem.. :lol3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This area is really great!
    [​IMG]

I got over the water without drowning the bike and I also drove Emilys little ttr125 over...
    [​IMG]

But then she was walking across....... didnt go so well!! :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:clap:clap
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This week Im trying to get all the bikes ready for the big family trip..
    Camilla Lowrider DRZ is now ready with new oil, chain kit and a kick start kit!

Mine is almost done with new oil, Chain, new rackets for panniers and a kickstart kit.

After 30.000 miles the racket for the panniers was falling apart..and I have had it welded a few time. I guess its just the vibration and the heavy load. Also the little brackets that holds both the seat and a racks had cracked. One was broken completly of.
    [​IMG]

So I had ordered the model from Happy Trails.. Just one thing that was NOT ok. the two mounts where to mount it to the seat was wrong.. not just a few millimeter but a whole inch of. So there was no way I was going to get it on.
    [​IMG]

Luckely I have found a great workshop here in Oakland. Normans Racing Group can fix everything! and Im not joking. The workshop is full of new and old racing cars and motorcycles. The walls a filled with posters and old pictures and the is just that feel of oldtimer knowledge! I can highly recommend these guys if you are in the bay area and need something welded or need your engine rebuild!
    [​IMG]

Next time Im there I will get a few pictures..

Anyways.. My bike is almost ready and the new kickstart works great. Its pretty easy to kickstart even without the decompression thing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I can ride my bike again... even though the DRZ is great Im really looking forward to borrowing Scotts Triumph for a drive on highway 1
    [​IMG]

So now all there is to say is GOODNIGHT
    [​IMG]

and thinks about this... true???
    [​IMG]
  19. mmcander

Oddometer:
    it is great to have you back in Cali!!!!

glad you had a great time back at the cabin....sorry i crashed and couldn't go...looks like a great ride Sunday

Looking forward to Vegas, EX and SX here we come

:freaky
  20. Moose_DK

Oddometer:
    Hi
    This weekend I got the chance to go to Vegas for both Enduro Cross and Supercross races.!

I just love how this is the first thing you meet in Vegas... GAMBLING!
    [​IMG]

I arrived thursday and went out eat....and more importantly... to look at all the strange people ion Vegas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But one of the thing I really like about vegas is all the lights! for taking cool pictures its perfect!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We was staying at the Venetian.... Really an amazing place!
    [​IMG]

and even more amazing on the inside!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the hallway where our room was!
    [​IMG]

Here the really nice pool area!
    [​IMG]

with 3 different hottubs!
    [​IMG]

Thursday night my friend Peter from denmark arrived... at 3 AM.....
    well he had to get there be cause on friday morning he had the chance to ride on the EnduroCross track at Orleans Arena!!!!! they let him use one of the riders bike and he got 3 training passes on the track. Of course we went out there to se him ride..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another reason Peter was is Vegas was to find a sponsor for the X-games the last weekend in June where he has a wildcard to compete in the EnduroCross race!
    And suddenly it all worked out... McPfluger racing was born and a brand new Gasgas will hopefully arrive later today!!!!
    [​IMG]

You can read all about the McPfluger Racing Team right here!!!!
    http://www.mcpfluger.com/mcpfluger_racing_starring_peter_weiss

I promise there will be more about the team and Xgames later!

Friday afternoon was spend at the pool until the real EnduroCross races started!
    EnduroCroos is very entertaining.. mostly be cause of all the crashes!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey...wrong way dude!!!
    [​IMG]

But beside crashes there was also a lo of cool racing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then there is the pit girls!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the girls who won!
    [​IMG]

and the boys!
    [​IMG]

After the race we spend a few hours a the after race party!
    among others we met the girl who won!
    [​IMG]

They next morning my head was hurting! good thing we could get hangover food at the hotel
    [​IMG]