More Lame Questions

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by hgulledge, Sep 21, 2004.

1. hgulledge

hgulledge Adventurer-of-sorts Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hate all these threads, “I’m going here and such and where is a good place to drop my bike?”, etc. OK, now, I’m going somewhere and I’ve already found several places to drop a bike. Leaving from Amarillo tomorrow to Pagosa Springs on the way to a couple of weeks in the mountains. I thought I had a good route on the GPS, but overnight it disappeared and I can’t find it. We want to avoid freeway and Dalhart and are planning to go through Springer and Eagle Nest toward Taos. Any suggestions from the NM contingent? Which would be better? North through Questa or south to Angle Fire? Any other ideas for a nice ride? Thanks for the help. :ear
  2. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    well go back there and do it faster, but this time use your head as a brake.
  3. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    ...there's a nice hairpin just North of Creel...

:lol3 ...sorry mate, couldn't help me self.

Have a good trip :thumb
  4. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Check the weather where you are going. The mountains up here have been getting some heavy rain and snow the last several days and a cold front is coming in mid-week bringing more. It has been regularly getting below freezing at night at our home. If you hit the right places and it warms up you probably won't have problems, but this is the time of the year when snow storms can start sweeping into the mountains and dump a foot or more overnight. Don't base your plans on sunny, warm weather in the mountains. You might get some, you might not.
  5. hgulledge

Oddometer:
    We actually get there on Thursday and will be in Salt Lake City on Monday. So far, the Intelllicast looks pretty good, but I guess there may be some residual snow for several days. Playing it by ear if we have to. Thanks FC.
  6. hgulledge

Oddometer:
    Yabut, over the last year, I've told everybody that it was a patch of black ice, and now that I think about it, I'm almost certain that's what it was. The real miracle is that it was still there at 10 C. :D
  7. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I wish I'd had IronDawgs on bike camera, we'd both have been immortalised on the internet :lol3