More Upcoming Central Valley Dual Sport rides; Spring 2007 & Beyond!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dsrider, Apr 10, 2007.

1. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Take a look at all the fun We have been having. www.dsrider.com meeting & making new friends, swaping bikes, guys leading great rides, comparing bikes, mods & riding gear, learning a lot & exploring California in new ways. Going anywhere two wheels can go & finding the limit of were they can't. some have even rode early into the morning. Riding hard & fast & mellow & conserative. We do it all from newbie to seasoned riders. All walks of life coming together. Low budget 1/4 liter to high powered one liter and beyond exotic machines and every thing in between We ride together eat together laugh plan trips & most of all have a blast together. COME RIDE WITH US.
    NEXT RIDE; APRIL 22 2007. Know of a great place to ride lead it. posting upcoming rides at www.dsrider.com
  2. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Powerman Coga Triggerfish more pics & posting more NOW
  3. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Also looks like we may have rain earlier in the week which, from what I hear, should keep some of the dust down.
  4. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree the rain before the ride will be nice. There was some dust on our ride, mostly from KTM Tom's bike he had his new knobbies on & with all that power I made the mistake of being behind him. It was so much fun.
  5. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <TABLE class=tborder id=post4414074 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] 04-09-2007, 10:11 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#138 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>triggerfish<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4414074", true); </SCRIPT>
    Adventurer

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4414074><!-- message -->Hey Rob,

Great pics on the dsrider.com site. Pics usually make trails look less steep, but those goat path shots look damn steep. Where are we going next?!
    <!-- / message -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>[​IMG] Blame John&#8482; </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Not 100% sure. I led the last ride. Daytona Rider knows of some good areas. We have some new riders also. The guy we met at 007 really wants to ride with us on next ride. Again the KLR's were the majory. THE majory of dirt & snow & gravel came from the back of Highside Toms, KTM Tom's & Big Steves bike. I was surveying the damage report on my bike & the front light is cracked I could not think of a better way to break something using it like it was meant to be used. They were steep.
  6. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    I can't help but think of all those snowpeople in their snowuniverse.
  7. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think That is a myth.
  8. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <TABLE class=tborder id=post4399366 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">04-06-2007, 09:42 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#115 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>powerman<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4399366", true); </SCRIPT>
    Adventurer

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4399366><!-- message -->Seeing as I can't come, I expect a full report on all the cool stuff that happens on the ride.:norton Have fun, ride fast ,take chances.

Andrew
    <!-- / message -->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>[​IMG] Blame John™ </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Just getting around to replying to post from old thread.
    So after looking at report which bike would you have chosen? Your powerhouse or plated dirt bike. I think everyone had DOT dirt tires (not Highside) KTM Tom spooned on some meaty tires I have a cracked headlight to prove it. It's a good thing I had my "pretty" custom windsheild on or I may have even more teeth missing since I could not wipe the smile off my face even when eating dust! Maybe when I become a better rider I can saddle my own "one liter horse" Untill then I will be installing a Lexan headlight protector. My limited power is a good "safety nanny" for me.
    Look forward to our next ride together. The Snow people are quickly migrating deep into the earth. We will be able to really explore this great state way up in the high country.
  9. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    You already have a berger in the group! Woot! I won't be the only one, right on! I would really like to hit the paventment/dirt the 22nd. I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well and I can get out of the house for the day.

Who is is the owner of that machine? I have a few discard parts that he might be interested in, mostly plastics, some swtiches etc.

~

Michael
  10. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We send him in first he checks for any road hazzards, speed traps and anything else...
    He runs at full throttle or nothing. He is the one that PM you the other night. We were working on his 05 550 FE. PM me your #
    Look forward to riding with you. What's left to do on your bike?

11. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    I hope to see all the usual suspects on the next ride, I heard that Daytona Rider is leading the next ride, but no one has heard from him. Someone will step up I hope. Any ideas on where to go?

Attached Files:

13. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was some good TV (from my 9 year old's memory)
  14. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    get that hussy running and see if you a
    can keep up with the six million dollar man
  15. Daytona_Rider

Daytona_Rider You should be racing

Oddometer:
    Hello all,

I will be in Death Valley for that weekend! :freaky

Going to get some serious offroading in for three days and two nights of happy times. The rumors of me leading this ride may have been overzealous, and I am sure going to miss you fellas'. Couldn't make the last ride but is sure looks like I missed a torture session and a long one!
  16. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't want to see anyone else go to the hospitable, that may inconvenance the ride. If he is a crazy Hussy rider like "6 MILL HIGHSIDE" We don't want to see a newbie hurt himself trying to keep up with (6MH) Remember Steve those hussys have a lot of power and can get away from a rider, I have even heard they have a mind (tiny) of there own!

17. cevquit

cevquit maphead

Oddometer:
    If nobody is going to take the lead for the 22nd, I will. I can come up with a good one.
  18. Daytona_Rider

Daytona_Rider You should be racing

Oddometer:
    SHoot! Now I wish I was going - but Death Valley calls!
  19. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    Any ideas of where?
  20. ccii42104

ccii42104 Crazy KLR

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys. I gotta make good with the girls (i forgot to buy them shirts at Bass Lake!). :cry I will be at the coast on the 22nd. I WILL make the next ride after that.