1. eNewsletter Sign Up

More Upcoming Central Valley Dual Sport rides; Spring 2007 & Beyond!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dsrider, Apr 10, 2007.

1. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That has good food We will not be able to set a point or time there are to many variables Are you bringing the V phone? We have the map here. I will be here for a while if you want to come by. of course my bike is last after everybody else. There is a little happiness knowing Highside is working on his also

[​IMG]
    Isellers meet us here X
  2. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    I'm headin' to bed soon, I gotta be up around 4AM. All I need is a general area and I'll be around that area and wait. I just don't want to ride to sonora and find out I should have been waiting somewhere else.

If I'm early, I can talk to locals, shoot the breeze, dance with drunk gmas or take a nap in whatever town. If we meet up great, if not, oh well. If I'm in the same general area chances are better. I'll give it an honest shot but if we can't find eachother no biggy. I don't want to be the reason that the boat had to veer off course. If I can't find you guys I'll create my own ride and make a day of it....no hard feelings.

The amazing V phone didn't transfer hands.
  3. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    call me to let me know when you will be leaving Fresno and we will get you taken care of. We will be watching for you transmission and looking for your Cross Challenged.

4. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    gonna try and get some rest. Got a busy shedule t'mara and hopefuly get thewhole CAST and crew going! I seem to have SMS's camera somehow and I'll try returning it t'mara or leave it at R's so he can upload the pics.

Hope the SRP trio made it in. I'm to'd about the Fd.

Night.
  5. powerman

powerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys have been worrying me quite a bit lately. Post up and let the rest of us know if you made it back alive. A ride report would be a plus, but the way bikes have been hitting the ground and other things lately, I'd just like to know everyone is OK.

Powerman
  6. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Powerman How was your weekend?
  7. powerman

powerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Powerman How was your weekend?"

Weekend was great, got to see my cousin get his Master's degree from UC Davis on Saturday and then spent Sunday watching the AMA roadraces at Sears Point. I've got a hunt scheduled for next weekend so no riding for a while. Then it's getting warm, so boating season is going to cut into the riding too.
  8. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    i was gonna go to the range this wed but now I'm thinking I don't want to support them any further. they have my membership for the year so if i wanna really screw them i should go and use it as much as posible to maximize my benefit and also offset their proffit.

powerman what are you hunting? boar? squirrels? finch? deer? both hunting and boat sound fun. However I don't know if it's more fun than riding.

I had a blast, can't wait for the ride report and to see some pictures and to see how the last 3/4 of the ride went. I'm sure what I participated in was just the begining.
  9. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    I am so depressed, the Gs is at the shop for routine maintenance, and other issues, so I broke out the back up but hilda is not feeling well. I will be out for a while, I dont know when I will ride again....:cry
  10. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have our first Honda How will J... do? so far quite good after climbing the hill up and down. Are Hondas any good? Good like Husenhussys?[​IMG]
  11. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know there are several bikes down and even some riders.
    Montibanks Just got your message. Thanks for the call
    PM your P#
    [​IMG]
  12. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    (It's hiding behind another bike) This was bitter sweet More to come....
  13. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    SMS, just remember the feeling of when the heads saved your legs' life ....and not so much the feeling of powerman passing you....or the fd failure.....or my small block replacement......

Great setup picture for many reasons.
  14. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    Full System
    -titanium is 4 lbs
    -alluminum is 6 lbs
    -oem is 12 lbs

don't know how it sounds yet but suppose to add ~5hp.
  15. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My bike will punish me if anything is changed and give me less power.
    Do you have it? or did you order it? Where were you last night? We were waiting for you.[​IMG]
  16. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Lost it... It being a head gasket. Don't know if I can make any runs soon, but I shall remain hopeful. I bought a bigger front sproket (actually a stock 15 tooth) and was pushing it on the freeway a little too long and a little too hard. Actually it is running, I just blew the gasket (I hope). I will be tearing it out this weekend I think. If by some miracle I can get it rebuilt by June 2nd I would like to hit the trails with you all.

Do we know where the June 2nd ride will take us? I would love to hit the long rides but doubt the berg likes the long miles. Still having starting trouble but identified 3 potential causes and since the whole thing is being torn down this week it will likely be economical to make the repairs now.

As soon as you all know the approximate mileage of proposed trips post em if you can. I like to plan ahead if I can.

Thanks

Michael
  17. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    I have been looking for something to ride as my GS is getting a new final drive as we speak. I also am a new fan of smaller and lighter and funner and faster and climbing ability with single trackability cheaper and I need a 650. I am torn between the road worthy DR and the dirt savvy XRR. I rode a XR today and it seemed to be a very serious machine, the DR was more like a mini bike with lots of power. Both can be had for under 4k.
  18. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The more [​IMG]weight I Put on will give me more traction just like a tractor then maybe i can make it up hills like S..

Attached Files:

19. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    goodnight
  20. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    Ride this morning? Sweet! Hope you guys have fun. Weather outside looks perfect for it.

No I haven't put the Remus pipe on yet. Its at the shop if I want it. I'm not sure if I want to change the note on it. 5 hp and saving 8lbs isn't that big of a deal either.

I spent my farkle budgeted $$ on a ps3 while I have a broken ankle at home so may not pick it up until later.

I can only imagine what you'll use all of that aluminum for. 8bagR is like BA Barracas bolting, welding, soldering, attaching metal to vehicles so that they are basically tanks. Can't wait to see the bike.

[​IMG]

Oh and sorry for missing the other night. Didn't know that I had somehow accidently expressed that I'd be there rain or shine. Maybe it was in the return phone call I never made...hmm..I was probably already sleeping.