1. eNewsletter Sign Up

More Upcoming Central Valley Dual Sport rides; Spring 2007 & Beyond!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dsrider, Apr 10, 2007.

1. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    135 Miles Tom has new Clark tank very nice. We visited the mine and cooled off in river.

Attached Files:

2. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Highside. Have you ever gone over? Our ride 5 26 07

Attached Files:

3. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Tom,

Show me a pic o that tank a yers. Really want one but mechanical problems are setting be back even more cash. I might have to take a second job to pay for my hobbies.

~

Michael
  4. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Highside's tank

Attached Files:

5. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or did you ride with front only?

Attached Files:

6. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I got a 03 DR for 3,000 and it slides good in the dirt,handles some trails o-k and cruises great on the hi-way, little bit of settup work and its a good dirt touring bike.
  7. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    That's funny Rob:lol3 rub it in! Skin's almost all grown back and the ribs feel good. Trying to clear schedule for next ride:D .
    Tom
  8. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    Michael-
    The tank is sweet and gives me almost 200 mile range on our kind of rides. Fit perfect and keeps the weight low. $200 is dirt cheap for a quality piece like this. Just don't drill the hole for the front seat mount ALL THE WAY THROUGH:huh like I did. The Boss radiator guards are a nice touch too.
    Tom
  9. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119129&stc=1&d=1181239526http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119128&stc=1&d=1181239400

<TABLE class=tborder id=post4738866 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">Today, 11:04 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>dakarboy<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4738866", true); </SCRIPT>
    good and slow

http://www.advrider.com/forums/image.php?u=8728&dateline=1140654328

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4738866><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Lane Splitting
    <HR style="COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->maybe if we all rode around like this we would have less trouble with lane splitting! photo provided by evanphoto.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND></FIELDSET>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tborder id=post4738873 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">Today, 11:05 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>dakarboy<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4738873", true); </SCRIPT>
    good and slow

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4738873><!-- message -->i really love this one. "hey ponch, shoot the red acura, he is on his cell phone"
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND></FIELDSET>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  10. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    interesting
  12. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Layne all slab you will luv it. Which one is more happy the one in back or the pig?

<TABLE class=tborder id=post4739906 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">Today, 01:49 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#391 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>lsellers<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4739906", true); </SCRIPT>
    DSRIDER

http://www.advrider.com/forums/image.php?u=46092&dateline=1177532102

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4739906><!-- message -->interesting
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Find out NOW at www.dsrider.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  13. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Woo hooo NICE! Damnit with the cash I just dropped I coulda bought one of them... GRRRRR!

Im asking for (aka threatening to buy them for myself if I dont get them) "fathers day" brush guards from the wife/child.

Cycle Gear is going to have a 25% off day if anyone is looking to buy anything from them on the 16th of this month. DSrider I am going to get some dunlops (DOT) unless you can get me a better price (I will PM you the details) and a paddle for the dunes.

I ordered a new head gasket and a cam chain (mine is toast and a source of metal flakes in the case) they should be here by the end of the week. **update not even done typing this and they arrive on my door step DAMN motoxotica rocks! I ordered placed my order at 1500 yesterday!**

CRAP the wife is home... gotta bail... Bike might be running by this weekend with the parts in hand now ... who knows? Anyone up for putting around town to make sure it isnt going to blow up?
  14. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    That pig obv will have no kickstand issues.

15. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    I'll not go anywhere for OEM parts again. Dan at MotoXotica is the man. Michael, did you get the original spec chain or the hardened steel. This was a factory upgrade in '06 I believe. I'm getting quite a bit of shiny chunks in my oil now and have the original '05 "soft" chain.
    Cheers:freaky
    Tom
  16. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    I got a regina (hardened steel) chain... piss on the stock chain I wouldn't go with that. I think the 06's shipped with DID chains, but Dan said the 06 DIDs do not fit the 2002 650s as the stroke changed and the chains are too short for mine. I talked with Dan about this for a while and finally he let slip that the regina chain would work. Another good point about the regina is that it has a master link, so getting the bastard off to change the head gasket won't be brain surgery. I will have to cut a few links out of the regina but it should work fine. We can use my bike as the dummy... If it blows up from the chain snapping maybe you should go with the stock one.

As far as shinny chunks in your oil, I think this might be part of the nature of the beast with Husabergs, thus the need for the racings screens AND the oil filters. Do you get a lot of them or just a few in the corners of the pre-screen?

I read through some of THE DOC! on www.husaberg.org and it looks like there is some hope in getting NO shinny chunks. I guess one day I will shoot for this, but for now less chunks would be fine with me.

~

Michael
  17. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    My "chunkage" actually increased after last oil change. But that could be from when I looped the bike on the 180 and it was laying on it's side at full throttle until I could regain my bearings and run over to hit the kill button (ouch).
    I'm shootin' for tomorrow's ride.
    Tom
  18. dsrider

dsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See everyone at Starbucks Fig Garden Fresno 0730hours Today. We are very excited some nice cool clear weather perfect for riding.[​IMG]

<TABLE class=smalltable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#bbbbbb><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000080 colSpan=8>National Weather Service Hourly Forecast for Sunday at 93633</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Forecast data from the National Digital Forecast Database</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Jump to: Friday | Saturday | Sunday | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>2 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>5 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>8 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>11 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>2 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>5 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>8 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>11 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Temperature / Dew Point (°F)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>48 / 38
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>46 / 37
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>56 / 41
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>73 / 40
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>77 / 42
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>77 / 41
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>64 / 40
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>53 / 38
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Humidity (%)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>59% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>61% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>46% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>20% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>18% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>17% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>30% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>45% </TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Wind (mph)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    22°
    NNE

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    26°
    NNE

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    218°
    SW

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    228°
    SW

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    238°
    WSW

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    250°
    WSW

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    272°
    West

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    36°
    NE

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Conditions</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>[​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>[​IMG]

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>[​IMG]

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Probability of Precipitation (%)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>0% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>0% </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Cloud Cover (%)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>10% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>10% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>10% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>29% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>29% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>29% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>29% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>28</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=1920&rendTypeId=4This is Kings Canyon National Park Here in our back yard.South Fork Kings river, California, U.S.
  19. stevele5

stevele5 knight errant

Oddometer:
    I was stuck at the most boring wedding yesterday, I was dreaming of riding while I was contemplating, "why am I at this wedding"? The only reason i could come up with is to keep peace at home.

Let me hear please:ear
  20. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]