Morro Bay State Park, CA 11/22/08 - Farm Rules.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by kbasa, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mnowlen

mnowlen Got Bacon?

Oddometer:
    Did you find your wife? What trailer was she in?:evil
  2. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    Oh, I can't wait until she reads that.:eek1
    Eh, she never made it to any trailers or even to the other campfire. She got her chair all set up next to the smaller fire and returned to the tent for some unknown reason where she was viciously attacked by an air mattress. I'm sure it was a valiant battle but the air mattress apparently won and I found her unconscious in our own tent, wrapped in a sleeping bag.
    Of course I was able to administer Artificial Respiration and CPR which in combination brought her back to life, but she was in for the night. Luckily, I'm a trained professional.:evil
  3. kbasa

kbasa Super Bon Bon Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  4. GSWayne

GSWayne Old Guy nOOb Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, moongirl, we wondered what happened to you! As you can see, you missed out on a very nice camping time. The band was great, the pyrotechnic show was awesome, but the very best part was the naked dancing men!! (see the post by nomiles, above). That Kbasa really knows how to organize a fun time.

(This is actual being posted by EyesShut, but I don't have access to my normal computer.)
  5. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Oooohhhh. Now I get it. So THAT'S why you made the poor kids sleep in the back of the ADVan.
  6. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    :deal :deal
  7. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Hiya Burke, have I shown you one of these :flip lately.
    Hope you enjoy the pictures of the crapy weather we're havin' down here. :ksteve

8. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    We missed yaz, Tina...

:cry

Your second in command did show up though, looking pretty good in his new fit slimline body. He amost motivated me to lose some Ibs, until I saw him munching on the carrots and humus! :puke2

What a great week-end!

:ricky
  9. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    I don't know who this kid is but he keeps popping up at these ADV events.
    [​IMG]
    Burke, you may remember him from Warped. Oh yeah, the weather was brisk....until about 5 minutes later when he was in shorts and a t-shirt complaining of "burning up." Funny guy.
  10. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    :nod
    Nice lad, him!
    Sure looks like a pleasant time down there in CA!

[​IMG]
  11. bmwdon75

bmwdon75 Street Adventurist

Oddometer:
  12. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First thing, Mucho Thanks to Kbasa for setting this up and to the weather gods for great weather all weekend.

I rolled in Friday afternoon as did BlueByU, Roger, Computerless, Treadless, Dyvking & Madd Brit. Walt brought some firewood on his trailer so we all hung out there Friday night.

BlueByU knows ALL the roads in the area so he led the ride on Sat. We rode some fantastic back roads on the coast side of 101 to King City for a great mexican lunch - he knows I hate that stuff...:evil Then off for more back roads on the inland side of 101 back to camp.

By then most others had arrived. idea man, idea wife & idea kids had the site next to us. Got to hang out & meet lots of inmates whose names I probably won't remember until we meet again. Walt made a run for more firewood which he was kind enough to share so we had a fire on Sat. night also - even had some left for a fire on Sunday morning. Good thing too, cause it got kind of cold.

BlueByU fixed up a killer breakfast on Sunday that lasted until I got home that night. Come to think of it, the one on Sat. was great also.....

Bottom Line: Good Time, Good Friends, Good Riding. If you missed it, better plan to be at the next one.:deal
  13. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Ya know how some events seem to get kind of painful with planning, packing, figuring food out and so forth? This one was just plain easy, it seemed to me. All who attended contributed one way or the other without being asked, and the environment selected by Kbasa was already easy.

Heck, the hardest thing I did all weekend was getting wood:norton

Definitely worth doing again with the same farm rules. As long as the group's resident farmer comes along to handle the animals!
  14. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    fixied

*edit* Just realized your cresting the 2k mark and felt compelled to save the entire post for posterior er I mean posterity. :1drink

15. mongox

mongox ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer:
    Who did you get wood over?:dunno
  16. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Probably the ONLY time I'll ever be ahead of you in anything:D
  17. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    :photog

I almost 205'd Mongox!
  18. dyvking

Oddometer:
    You can bet it wouldn't have been over any of those mavericks that showed up at the campout!
  19. kbasa

kbasa Super Bon Bon Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Let's think about a spot for January or February, eh? Decent weather, food nearby, decent camping and as few snowy passes to cross as possible. I figure somewhere decently south, but not so far that it takes so long to get there you can't really hang around at all on Saturday afternoon. Palm Springs area? NorCal folks have to go over the Grapevine...
  20. BlueByU06

BlueByU06 Ribbon Rider

Oddometer:
    I'd like to thank VFR for inviting me to this campout. It was great to meet some new inmates.Computerless promised to let me make a 20k mistake by letting me ride is R1200gs but I never did get a ride.Just so busy chatting with inmates and showing VFR the backroads on the central coast.But I'm sure that I could talk DvrKing into a test ride when the time is right.This was my first ADV event where the h_ll is my stinky shirt.:D So where's the next campout? Oh Need a better sleeping bag or more antifreeze for this colder nites.I would to talk to the inmate that showed up on the DL1000.I was talking with him at Sat. fire chat didn't realize he was on the DL1000. So if U R reading to post.Chime in please.Treadless it was nice to hear about your trip to the Great White North the Good and the Bad of it.[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]