Mosko Moto Backcountry on Oil Cooled 1200? Offset Needed? Share your pics.

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by jacoba331, Nov 18, 2019.

1. jacoba331

jacoba331 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 1200 GSA and have been eyeing the mosko moto bags for quite some time. I have been rocking the giant loop great basin for a number of years so Im itching for an upgrade.

Id love to see pictures (especially from behind) of the bags on the oem racks. The left side is significantly wider due to the exhaust cutout so I want to see how weird it would look with matching 35s or even the 25/35 offset to compensate for the difference.

thanks,
    Jake
  2. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you checked their thread in the Vendor section? I'm pretty sure within the last few pages someone posted one.
    jacoba331 likes this.
  3. jbuggyus

jbuggyus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use the R80 on my 09 and works fantastic!
  4. jacoba331

Oddometer:
    I've been on this site for 10 years and never think to look there. Good idea- thanks.
  5. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotta put in an ATTA'Boy for the Mosko folks. My wife and I use the Mosko Moto bags on both our MY17 GSA's and MY15 KTM 690's. Wife ripped the outer flap off her pannier bag on the 690 on Idaho BDR this summer. She sent it back to MM and they did an excellent repair for a very modest price. Can't tell where there was a tear. Took about two weeks. Thank you Mosko! I'd buy their products again.
  7. jacoba331

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reference- however, that's a waterboxer- the oil cooled has a different profile rack, compensating for the exhaust on the other side.

Regardless- I just purchased dual 35s. I Figured go big or go home. I have this massive bike might as well get the max capacity bags. Also- I can always cinch down the exhaust side bag to have a slimmer profile so it doesn't stick out so much.

When they come in I will post plenty of pics of the fitment, as I have found it challenging to find pictures to reference for 35s on an oil cooled GSA.
  8. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i understand you were looking for oil cooled but the pannier rack design is basically unchanged they just switched sides so looking at a water boxer with 25/35 is basically the same. If i get a set i'll probably do the 35/35 just to have the extra space like you said. It would only really matter to me if i was looking to lane split with them.