Mosko moto Basilisk jacket and pants leaking ?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AliveDK, Jun 1, 2021.

1. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for feedback on the above. I'm on my 2nd set which unfortunately is also leaking at the front zippers. Mosko have been nothing but helpful and have offered me a new set or a full refund - my choose.
    I love the design, thoughts behind, fit and general look, but living in Scandinavia where rain is a fact of life I can't live with an outfit that MIGHT be watertight on my next trip.

So I'm seeking input from other users, have I just be unlucky or is there a general issue there, in order to make up my mind on what to do. [​IMG]
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which front zipper? They’re using some of the best waterproof zippers here, is it getting water infiltration up from under the front?
  3. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Front zippers on the chest of the jacket and the upper thigh on the pants. I have contact with 4 other people having the same issues. I know which zippers they are using. Klim use the same, but always with a flap over...
  4. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, no flaps on the new Badlands / Kodiak, or the Apex, all of which use AquaGuards fully exposed on the sleeves / chest. Is there pressure being put on the zippers at all from your layers? Shouldn’t happen with the Visilon, but that’s a common issue with the lesser AqualSeal zips - the laminated part exposes teeth allowing water to infiltrate.
  5. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tks your input on KLIM’s use of the zippers, guess my intel is slightly outdated. No abnormal pressure from the inside.
    Maybe I have just been unlucky twice
  6. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sucks! Maybe try the new Revit Element instead of you don’t want to roll the dice again? It’s not as cool looking, but the vents are covered with a flap and there’s none at the upper chest.
  7. JensEskildsen

JensEskildsen Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Rukka gear has been waterproof since '95
  8. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your rukka gear has no vents to speak of.
  9. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hence my question - trying to figure out if I have been unlucky or just part of a bunch of people with leak issues.

10. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
  11. JensEskildsen

JensEskildsen Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know, thats how they keep it waterproof.
  12. ThuleSwe

ThuleSwe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Rukka is leaking since 2008..
    Huckwheat likes this.
  13. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    To rap things up, I have accepted MM offer of a full refund and will look out for the updated version of the set to try once available.
    Oeths and levain like this.
  14. Thrilla_Moto Detroit

Thrilla_Moto Detroit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just did the MADBR and my crotch got wet and my bicep area was wet. Such a bummer. I bought them Nov 2020 which was end of our riding season so they just hung in the closet. This was my first ride in them. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a warranty claim..
  15. Oeths

Oeths Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the same issue on MM basilisk pants and the problem is from the zipper.
    In fact, the zippers used by MM and Klim are only rated water resistant on YKK website and klim also told me the sane thing in email.
    As long as there is too much water collected near the zipper, water will leak thru.
    I have the same issue on Klim badlands pro.
    External flap design definitely helps to prevent this issue because I have Klim Kodiak, there is external flap on the arm vents to stop water collected on the zipper.