Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well shoot - I was hoping for a post christmas sale like the black friday and cyber monday, but the website says they are closed from Dec 23-Jan 1 (they are processing orders while they are closed). Does not look like they will be having a post christmas sale.
  2. Sunflash

Sunflash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya, they said there wouldn't be one when the extended the black Friday sale.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    ShineySideUp and ScooterNoMore like this.
  3. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Mosko (or anyone else) am I an idiot? I’m trying to strap my Reckless 80 onto my bike but the buckled on the straps that run from the bottom of the sleeves appear to be on backwards. When I tighten them down they are on the inside of the loop and the strap presses on the release lever. Did these get sewn on backwards?

See the crappy pictures below for what I’m trying to describe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. pranajerni

pranajerni Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^ referencing the third picture, try running the working end between the attachment bar of the cam and the cam tab you would push with the thumb.
    this should get the working portion of the strap underneath the cam tab but not through the cam lock and keep the strap from pushing on the thumb tab.

then run it around what you need to secure it to then back to the cam. push the tab down[with your thumb] from above to open the teeth[cam] and push the working end from below upward through the cams teeth.
    cams are always fed from below or the bottom of the cam. this is the only way the teeth will function as they are designed.

pulling from the working end should tighten the strap with little effort.

hard to put to words whats so easy to see and do. hope this helps. also pretty easy to see what to do as described with the last photo.
    D-Train and Snake Oiler like this.
  5. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Can you post a picture of the BC35's mounted on your RR cb500x? What rear rack will you be using?
  6. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have pictures of a Nomad on a 1090/1190/1290? I am looking for a bag that will set lower down toward the seat, fit the form of the tank and will feel kind of unstructured and slouchy like a backpack if that makes sense. I think the Nomad is what I am looking for but can only find one picture on a bigger KTM.
    D-Train likes this.
  7. Sunflash

Sunflash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The BCs are not for the CB actually.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
  8. MtnRoamer

MtnRoamer Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    nomad.jpg
  9. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is great, thanks for the pictures. It gives me a good idea how it fits on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  10. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would you have a side view to share?? Thank you.

11. MtnRoamer

MtnRoamer Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    nomad_side.jpg
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  12. Jan Inge Sageie

Jan Inge Sageie Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sideview of my KTM/Mosko Moto mule, august 2016 at Tronfjell, Alvdal, NORWAY.

P1040328.jpg

2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure with Mosko Moto Nomad, Reckless 80/Stinger 22, Scout 25 Duffle, 2 x Small Molle Pouch, 1 x Large Molle Pouch, 1 set BC Cinch Straps, two sets of Simple Cinch Straps and a set of Mosko Moto cleats on an aluminum plate mounted to the bolt holes for the rear pegs and front pannier mount. Underneath there are two AltRider luggage racks (plates) and a pillion seat replacement acting as a a tool compartment and propup. This might seem like a lot of modifications. I could just throw the Reckless 80 across the pillion seat and strap it to the rear footpegs and rack like other people. However, I never ride with a pillion and like the clean rear of the bike with pegs, pannier mounts and grab rails removed. The current solution creates a sturdy and rugged base for the Reckless and the stock parts sit on the shelf in top condition. Besides, I actually use the cinch straps and the luggage plates a lot (mini truck).

P1040331.jpg WP_20170708_028.jpg
    D-Train and gpthis like this.
  13. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for those!!! Nice setup for sure!!

D-Train likes this.
  14. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    @alvincullumyork

Thanks to @pranajerni! The above description should get you sorted...if not let me know and we'll get you sorted. The cam buckle mounting strap may also need to be adjusted/flipped around...let me know if you got it figured out.

dunc289 likes this.
  16. Solo Moto

Solo Moto Hands are bruised from breakin’ rocks all day

Oddometer:
    Would appreciate anyone posting your reviews of the new Scout 25 V2.0 after actual use. Lots of anticipation waiting for these and then they were released right at the end of the riding season (for many). Dead of winter now and I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide what luggage system for my DR650...

Anyone out there buying or abusing these yet? Bueller? :ear
    D-Train likes this.
  17. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Drop, I don't remember if you got a Nomad or not. Can you believe it has actually taken this long to get my 640 back together to properly put it on? Anyway my first impression is that it will work just how I want on my 640, it doesn't feel like it will be very noticeable standing on the pegs and it sits far enough forward not to impede my preferred riding position in the saddle. If I have time later I'll put it on the 525.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MtnRubi likes this.
  18. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok Drop, here's the Nomad on my 525 with a Clarke tank. It looks like it sits a little funny but it's secure. Standing on the pegs without much head room it feels like it will be fine riding standing on the pegs and it is far enough forward to not be in the way sitting. That now makes 3 bikes this tank bag will work just fine for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    I am out riding today so you may get a response on this before I get to it. I just did 4,500 miles down to Baja and back with the new Scout 25's and I really like them! They are lighter and fit a minimalist packing style better than other hard or soft bags. I'll post some pics and give you my .02 tonight or tomorrow. In all, great bags...of course! :clap
    Solo Moto likes this.
  20. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a set but haven't had a chance to mount or abuse them. Damn visiting family for the holidays ruining my bike bonding time! The main reason I purchased the 25s I own a r1200gsa and live in SoCal. Had Zega pro's previously and they were great but I never used them because it was a pain in the ass to split lanes because they were so big. So now I can always have the holsters on the bike and they will lay flat when I don't need them.
    D-Train and Solo Moto like this.