Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks DTrain. Maybe I’ll put up with my first generation GL Coyote this summer.

Building out a EXC 500 for adventure riding. Thinking the RL 40 is a little small for me, the RL 80 is too big but parts could be left at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Tessier

Tessier Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have any price points on gear yet? I can wait but there's some really good deals on Klim closeouts so depending on price it might be worth waiting since i don't need it right way.
  3. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm fitting my newly received R80v2 to my 1290R for my upcoming Baja trip. To get the setup the bags have everything they'll actually carry when I leave next week. The top bag isn't important at this point. Plenty of seat room, no rider interference. IMG_20180206_142555536.jpg IMG_20180206_142542594.jpg IMG_20180206_142512572.jpg
    Abersouth, AdamChandler and MtnRubi like this.
  4. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_20180206_142527448.jpg IMG_20180206_142751665.jpg One of the reasons I chose this system is the narrow profile. All the weight is tied into the bike. No "outrigger" effect from the luggage/payload. In Mexico there is a lot of traffic filtering/lane splitting. It's much easier to gauge where you'll fit when everything is within your handlebar width. Off pavement, a narrower profile mean less change of catching the rear on some random obstruction.
  5. Itchin

Itchin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking to mount the Scout 25s on my Africa Twin. In choosing the right racks, I want the bags as tight to the bike as possible, and not too low to the ground. Can you offer any insight on the various rack brands and how they may fit? I am leaning toward the Hepco Becker, or Touratech, but cant find any specs or even photos that would put bag mounting height into perspective.
    Steve G. likes this.
  6. MrDonas

MrDonas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mosko Moto isn’t a traditional motorcycle luggage and accessories company: there’s no slick marketing department, no shiny dealerships, and no glossy advertising campaigns. Instead, founders Pete Day and Andrew Bryden rely on word of mouth, interact with their customers directly and trust that the quality of Mosko Moto soft luggage will advertise itself.

So far, it’s working: created in 2013 from a small garage on the Oregon- Washington state line, Mosko Moto has since become a powerful force in the industry with an almost cult-like following.

How was Mosko born, what’s the secret of their success, and what can riders expect in 2018? We talked to Pete Day, the heart and soul of Mosko Moto.

interview here.
    D-Train, Abersouth, Mpesi and 2 others like this.
  7. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    R80 V2.0 in flea mrkt
  8. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just installed SW Motech side racks on my old xr650l with intention of mounting Scout 25 panniers on the bike. While I still have not received the panniers, the racks are on, and are solid, probably stronger than the bikes frame actually.
    Midwesttrekker likes this.
  9. Brapalot

Brapalot Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I am weighing some Mosko options for BDR-type camping on my 500EXC and kind of leaning towards the scout 25s and a duffle. I have a globetrottin' medium-sized rack and wondering if the pannier plats will actually mount to that setup. Any experiences? Anybody think something other than the new scout setup would be better?

Cheers!

Attached Files:

10. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    That bike is not made for panniers and a duffel. You'll be much better off with one of the reckless setups
    Plebeian likes this.
  11. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last year I used Reckless 40 on my 525 exc it worked well for minimalist camping. but Im going to avoid using it this year as it adds too much weight for the type of riding I do with that bike. For this year I rigged up a rack similar to yours with a Stinger 8 and a molle for the water bottle. Packs rain gear,tools, rear tube and a snack all I need for a full days ride. 20180211_122733.jpg
    EastofErie and FarmerKeith like this.
  12. dunc289

dunc289 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mosko Daily Driver.

I, (because I'm a fancy pants creative type), use a Topo Designs Klettersack to carry my Laptop and all other crap to work in the mornings.
    It's a nicely made, waterproof backpack from Colorado, that looks acceptable in meetings.

Anyway, its slots right into the Reckless 80 pouch as if it were designed that way.

Actually the R80 is too useful to take off, so its getting a lot of action from Ralphs and Trader Joes too.
    I bet I can stick petrol cans in there for the n00bs rally.

Its such a genius product they should hand them out at birth in Finland.

Thank you Mosko.
    Also, thank you for being entertaining/inspirational.
  13. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    The scouts are not what I'd do on an EXC---------here is my traveling and camping set up for a 3 week Baja ride. I could travel a lot longer if I wanted.
    Reckess 40 and some "off brand stuff" I won't mention. :lol3
    [​IMG]
  14. Stromtrooper246

Stromtrooper246 Lost again

Oddometer:
    Here’s a shot of the Nomad on a 1290SA. There isn’t much room on this tank.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ScooterNoMore and D-Train like this.
  15. Solo Moto

Solo Moto Hands are bruised from breakin’ rocks all day

Oddometer:
    MM offering free UPS ground shipping continental U.S. today (2/14/18) only to midnight PST! Code: FreeShipping2018

In case you haven't figured it out yet, all MM updates are primarily on their Facebook page now. Here, not so much...
    Adman373 and Snake Oiler like this.
  16. Dualsport4ever

Dualsport4ever Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a stinger22.
    guavadude and Solo Moto like this.
  17. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sucks, I don't use Facebook ...
    AdamChandler and jowul like this.
  18. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    they are making a big mistake (IMHO) by using FB more and not ADVRider as much.

FB is the devil.
  19. easyrider11

easyrider11 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We will do our very best to post important stuff here too!!

FREESHIPPING2018 will work for the free shipping discount, through the end of the day today!

Enjoy!!

-Ash
    Jan Inge Sageie and cug like this.
  20. easyrider11

easyrider11 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We definitely try to stay active here on ADV Rider, it has been a huge part of building our brand (:
    MtnRider and Jan Inge Sageie like this.