Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. RyanC

RyanC Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is my approach...only key is the zip-tie on the right side to keep the inside strap away from the exhaust (which I need to trim the end off of still...)
    IMG_20190908_111602.jpg IMG_20190908_111542.jpg IMG_20190908_111531.jpg IMG_20190908_111528.jpg
    Blake D likes this.
  2. mikemaycga

mikemaycga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nomad tank bag and EVO mounting system.

I am using the EVO tank mounting system on my BMW1200GSA and love the flexibility to easily run a large and small tank bag, depending on the trip characteristics.

The Nomad tank bag looks like a great addition to my travel profile ... but I really want to keep using the EVO system.

Question:
    Has anyone added an EVO mount to the Nomad bag? My sense is that adding the EVO mount would not be a big challenge but I don't want to buy a bag and then find out that this approach is a dead end. The mount might limit the ability to use the bag as a backpack, but I can live with that and use the front buckles plus a strap to turn it into a side slung bag.

Your experienced feedback is appreciated.
  3. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Thanks for the great ideas, fellas. I appreciate it!

Nice Berg! No rack on the 390, unfortunately. Though I do have some Kreiga straps laying about. I'll give that a look.

Ahh, tricky. I'll give it a look. I've already used some of those holes for a removable plate mount. Still might be an option, though.

Ah ha! Nice find!! Thanks.

That's similar how I rigged it for a ride this past weekend. The exhaust side seemed to provide the most difficulty in finding a good spot to affix the strap.
  4. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't have a rack on the Berg either. That's why I used the rack loops. They attach through the plastic and create a very solid mount. Here's a close up of where I had them mounted before the Reckless 10 when I was just running a tail bag. I've since moved the two loops that are near the 390 decals to a position down lower near the frame. Works like a charm!

upload_2019-9-9_14-33-47.png

Here, you can see that I spun the rearward two mounts to line up with the G Hooks and also where the lower rack loops were moved to.

upload_2019-9-9_14-39-7.png
    Emgo, dstutz, RyanC and 2 others like this.
  5. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    Oh, rad. Somewhere, I picked up you had a rack.

That's a pretty slick set-up. Thanks for the detailed pictures.
    RyanC and jdubb75 like this.
  6. miks

miks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Recently got an R40 and am presently putting it through its paces on a ~2000 mile dirt tour of the west on my ‘15 KTM 350 EXCF.
    I have a pretty light setup - about 30lb with full camp gear (tent, stove, etc), tool roll, emergency pulley, etc. So far I’ve used in on narrow singletrack, Moab Slickrock, and miles of dirt roads and 4x4 trails.
    It’s been great. I really like the organization of gear. I used to have an Altrider Hemisphere which was just one big pocket. I like being able to quickly pull out the tool roll from one of the side pockets without dealing with other gear. I work in product design and this bag system clearly was thought through and iterated on (I suppose obvious to those that follow this thread).

Two observations so far:
    - I distinctly recall Pete in an install video saying you can “mount the rear attachment brackets anywhere”. I’d only add that that anywhere - at least on this bike - should involve going through *both* the tail piece *and* the fender. I originally bolted mine to the orange tail piece only and after some rocky, whoopy singletrack in Colorado I noticed the whole tail piece had been bent upwards by the forces. I borrowed a drill at a hardware store in Salida and drilled new holes - closer to the bag and through both tail and under fender. So far it’s been rock solid ever since.
    - Second comment is I like the attention to strap management, including the little Velcro strips that let you bundle up excess. However, not all the straps have those (why not?). For the ones that don’t I’m using Velcro “One Wrap Ties”. These attach to themselves and work great to tidy up excess strap material, like on the two rear anchor straps. You can grab ten of them for $3 on Amazon.

IMG_0760.JPG
    E916A39C-D848-4FB2-82C2-874FAD8EB550.jpg IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    jowul, Antikid, Shaggie and 9 others like this.
  7. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to trying my Nomad on my new to me R1100S.
    Blake D likes this.
  8. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    my mosko close encounter from few days ago

DW_01338.jpg

Also really glad to see Mosko sponsor Itchy Boots with luggage load out for her SA-->NA trip
    32dgrz, Force0321, Blake D and 3 others like this.
  9. kubcat

kubcat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I always find myself wondering why the need for rear brackets at all on the KTM EXCF. Here's what I did and it worked reliably well with no mods (although I do have a tail tidy)
    20190910_092250.jpg
    Blake D likes this.
  10. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Excellent solution! Thanks for chiming in.
  11. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Good to hear it worked out!
    NorthIdaho800gsa likes this.
  12. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who me? I’m set up to run my Nomad on my 640A, 525XCW, R65LS and R1100S. So far I only have real time with the 640 and R65 but works great on both.

As for the gram you can find me at mbuhler69, nothing too interesting there...

You cam almost see it if you look close...:lol3
    [​IMG]
    Blake D and AdamChandler like this.
  13. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Ultra-light ADV. I dig it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughtful user experience/suggestions and photos! Are you on Instagram? I'll be posting a couple of these on the Mosko IG for sure.
  14. miks

miks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Blake. My Instagram is “chris_miksovsky”. Quite a few pics with the Mosco gear on this ride in the last two weeks. It’s been working great.
    Blake D likes this.
  15. splitdec

splitdec Just started

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, any info on when will backcountry v2 be available in EU store? :)
  16. Botrunner

Botrunner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well after years of faithful service my BC35 right pannier is toast:

[​IMG]

It survived a low side and a high side in Labrador, and it is still waterproof. Most of the straps are no longer serviceable however. Wish they weren’t so expensive to replace, but they undoubtedly saved the bike from a lot more damage.
  17. ttime4four

ttime4four Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While I haven't used it, I understand Mosko has a damage replacement program where you can get a replacement at a discount.
    https://moskomoto.com/pages/warranty
    NorthIdaho800gsa likes this.
  18. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any little clues as to possible new colors?
  19. Anthiron

Anthiron Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn for Sega

Oddometer:
    My DR350 setup with the Pico and R10.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love this setup. More than enough for a few days away including food.
    toramorgan, Blake D and CaseyB like this.
  20. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits

You can purchase the right side pannier without the mounting frame and hardware here.

From Mosko Moto's web site: "If you have a crash and damage one of your bags, that isn't going to be covered (by their warranty). However, if that happens, please contact us via email and we'll do our best to either a) get the bag repaired or b) replace it at a reasonable cost."
    Blake D and Botrunner like this.