Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey @Sideoff and @easyrider11 check my post on the previous page (or here) of how I mounted my R10. I took a different approach to achieve the same result...as in keeping the mounting straps as short as possible to eliminate/minimize movement of the R10. My loaded R10 currently weighs about 12 lbs and it is solid mounted this way. With the use of the g-hooks on the straps I can very quickly remove the R10 if I want. I'm really digging the setup!

I will add that the g-hooks (in this post) I'm using are hardened, stamped steel with moderately sharp edges and I can envision them cutting into the rack loops I'm using and/or the R10 straps over the long term. I'd like to source some some aluminum or die-cast g-hooks with smoother edges to replace them...something similar to what is displayed on the new version of the BC35 in your post.
    Sideoff likes this.
  2. Sideoff

Sideoff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey right on! I enjoyed our chat too! It’s not a question that comes up too often, but I bet it’ll come up more in the future as more of the RTW crowd switches over to separate armor. In the past I’ve always tucked mine into a duffle beaver tail, but now I’m going to do it this way on the panniers instead. Thanks!!
  3. Sideoff

Sideoff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love it! Thanks! Those are the Kriega mounts, right? Ive seen them on bikes before but never used them myself. Are the bottom attachment points for the legs anchored to the frame, or are they simple mounted through the plastics? Thanks for posting that.

Not sure if we ordered any extra g hooks for the shop. Hope so. I can check when I get home. If so we’d be happy to send you a couple to try out.
  4. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    I'd love to give them a shot! I was just getting ready to reach out and ask about spare parts, i.e. g-hooks. It's hard to find them online at a qty an individual can justify. The stamped steel g-hooks are easy to come buy in smaller qtys, but I haven't been so lucky with finding the nicer ones like on the new BC35.

Yes, those are the Kriega OS-Rack loops and they are through the plastic only. The diameter of the backing piece is almost the same diameter as the top plate and it is solid.

upload_2019-9-18_9-52-53.png

upload_2019-9-18_9-53-34.png
    Sideoff likes this.
  5. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    Well, I think I actually found those hooks...at least they look like them. From the Mosko picture it's hard to tell if they are the plastic or aluminum version. However, finding them available at less than wholesale MOQ's has proven to be difficult, if not impossible. So, If you have have any available as replacement parts (or anything close used on a previous version) for 1" webbing let me know how to order them. I need 2 lefts and 2 rights.

upload_2019-9-18_15-18-6.png
  6. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Hey Sidi,

The Basilisk Pant actually is an over-the-boot pant.

Thanks for coming by our setup at KTM Rally.
  7. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have a comparison between the pinned and fatty? I’m undecided and would love some help. Are they pretty similar when empty? I réalisé the sky is the limit if you load it up, but I’m wondering if an equal number of tools in a pinned is much smaller than the fatty.

Thanks!
    Sideoff likes this.
  8. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    Perfect timing. I currently have the Fatty Tool Roll but just ordered the Pinner. I'm planning on doing a video or slide show on the differences when using my real-world tools. Like you, I am curious to see how the Pinner stacks up.
    Blake D and Grinder like this.
  9. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    Gold!
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  10. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was referring to the woodsmen pants you are working on.
  11. azrunner

azrunner Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Out of curiosity, what does a set of the new V2.0 offset panniers weigh?
    Sideoff likes this.
  12. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    Okay I've been dragging my feet about getting a pair of Basilisk pants for some time now and think I've almost have myself conveniences.

So I've read they run true to size. I wear a 34 waist in jeans so if I was to order 34's would they fit when I put them over my bohn armor pant? And just how much air passes through the event material? Just concerned about if I'd need thermals when the temps drop below the 55F mark.
    Sideoff and easyrider11 like this.
  13. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear 36" waist jeans and the 36 size pants fit perfect with Forcefield Armor Knees in place. I don't have experience wearing hip armor with 'em, but there is plenty of waist adjustability, so you should be good.
    I've run all vents closed with just skivvies, knee armor and boots underneath down to 50F comfortably, but everybody's comfort levels are different.
  14. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't know just how much air actually passed though the E-vent material at speed. I have a trip planned next weekend that I'll see temps in the 80's down to freezing in here Henry Mt's likely. Hopefully we'll not get rained or snowed out of there.
  15. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The eVent membrane Mosko is using is still windproof from the outside in, the difference is in how it allows moisture permeability from the inside out. There's a few non-windblocking membranes now, but they're generally targeted at extreme outdoors sports and wouldn't really be great for motorcycle use.
    Sideoff likes this.
  16. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've included the previous portion of my review for reference in case you didn't see it the first time.

Mosko Moto Basilisk Riding Gear Review Part II

OFFROAD UPDATE:

I recently had the opportunity to attend XLADV’s High Sierra event located in the Owen’s River Valley near Mammoth, California. It involved three days of primarily off road riding with some great mountain twisty road riding as well. We encountered elevation changes ranging from ~4,000 ft to just shy of ~12,000 ft and temperatures ranging from 32 degree F in the morning, typical day temperatures in the 80s and a high of 105 degrees. While on the road wearing the Basilisk jacket keeps my body at an even temperature allowing for a swamp cooler effect to take place and this also rings true on some of the trails we were on. Some of the trails were wide and flat allowing us to move at a more rapid pace keeping the airflow going. However, once we started to get into some slower paced and more technical trails into the mid-day I shed the jacket to keep cool but retained my impact protection. What impressed me the most was the third day of riding where we saw the large swing in temperature from 105 to the mid-to-low 60s and an elevation change of almost 8,000 ft. The set up allowed me to stay cool when it was really hot and as we made our way up the mountain I was able to regulate how much airflow I wanted so I could retain some of my body heat when faced with a chilly mountain breeze. If it was going to get much colder I probably would have opted to start layering up and added a warming layer and closed all the vents and synched the wrists down. I think these type of events or riding scenarios are exactly what the Basilisk was designed for because it really does offer the greatest amount of flexibility in riding comfort. It allows you to shed layers when appropriate to stay cool, to have abrasion resistance when speed increases and road surfaces change, while at the same time staying waterproof.

IMG_20190901_143323.jpg IMG_20190901_151539.jpg IMG_20190901_141915.jpg 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190901141828439_COVER.jpg

Attached Files:

Sideoff, jowul, Oeths and 4 others like this.
  17. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gosh that green looks so good. Legit jealous of a climate where you can be up at those temps & not be suffocating in humidity.

Can you snap a pic of the knee vent at some point? I can’t quite figure out where it is from the website pictures. Seriously considering picking the pants up, since having flow through upwards via a lower leg vent is something completely absent from basically all other pants!
  18. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's kinda hard to get pictures but the vent is where my fingers are and runs almost the entire length of the grey super fabric on the knees. IMG_20190919_173850.jpg
  19. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh ok, thanks! What’s that zipper lower for then?
    Sideoff likes this.
  20. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's the leg expansion zipper so you can change the inseam from 32 to 34 inches
    Sideoff, jowul, Blake D and 1 other person like this.