Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Thanks for the info!
  2. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Got it! I assumed you were speaking of the Basilisk since that is what we had on display. My bad!
  3. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    I received my Pinner Tool Roll yesterday. I made a video comparison between it and my Fatty Tool Roll. Hope this helps someone. Pete, et. al, if this somehow offends you, or violates some form of copyright rules/laws, please let me know and I'll make it right.

easyrider11 and CrStep like this.
  4. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    This is really useful. It’s hard to get a sense of scale on video. Both look huge on the back of your bike. Is there a significant difference between the two? I carry a relatively minimal set of tools for my ktm.
  5. THRASHED

Oddometer:
    There really isn't a huge difference. If I pulled the tire levers and stand out of there it would drastically reduce the bulk.
    Blake D likes this.
  6. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Approximately 20 lbs depending on your pocket setup. (edited)
  7. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    The pant is designed to fit true-to-size with armor, so you should be good pairing your armor pant to a 34.

For your temperature question: The majority of the venting is carried out by the zip vents themselves - this gives you a wide range of adjustment for temperature control. You should be just fine at 50ish degrees without a thermal, but this also depends on things such as how much heat your bike puts out (a KTM ADV is much hotter than a BMW) as well as it depends on what you consider to be "cold". I would suggest going for a few test rides and getting a good gauge of what setup suits you best, so that you don't get caught in the cold without the right gear. Thanks for the good question.
    Oeths and Snake Oiler like this.
  8. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for chiming in with this comparison video @THRASHED

@Grinder, There isn't a massive difference in size between the two rolls. I'd say the Fatty is roughly 1/3-1/2 larger than the Pinner in terms of tool capacity and packed size, depending on your setup. If you want to keep things as slim as possible, go with the Pinner. If you want some spare room for more tools or extra parts, go with the Fatty. You can't go wrong either way, and I'm sure either would suit your needs just fine.
    Grinder likes this.
  9. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Thanks for following up with this update Wade!
    WADE-O likes this.
  10. herdygerdy

herdygerdy n00b

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for replying Blake, very much appreciated. My concern is also the height of the MM BC35s may also foul on my OEM silencer on RH side or force the RH back to sit up too high. I'll continue doing my research though. And one of your Nomad tank bags is definitely in my future too. Keep up the great work, love your products and the MM team culture. If only you were in Australia....sigh!
    Blake D likes this.
  11. Emgo

Emgo Started on a CT70 almost 50 years ago

Oddometer:
    ATTN: Andrew / Reckless 40 redesign team I have a request for the new R40. Would it be possible to make the beaver tail on the R40 like the R10? I think it would really be beneficial to folks who want to use a larger tailbag. It would allow a larger tailbag to hang out over the rear fender a bit.

Thanks,
    Ken
    easyrider11 likes this.
  12. OKDQ

OKDQ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think you may have misread the question, he ask for the weight of the set and I’d guess you gave the approximate weight per side. Per my bathroom scale the new v2.0 of the offset panniers (a 35 and a 25) weighs 18 lbs. per “set”. That includes the external pockets that come with it but does not include the wedges that are mounted to the rack.
  13. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    Thanks. That about settles it then. The fatty is probably three way to go.
  14. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    Thanks Blake for your help and support. I should be good to go then. But it's probably too late to get the pants before I leave at this point. What kind of ETA if I'd call in an order tomorrow morning and deliver to NM? I'm leaving on the 26th of Sept.
  15. THRASHED

Oddometer:
    @WADE-O thanks for the write up. Thinking about the jacket. Hopefully the Mosko gang wil be at the Long Beach motorcycle show again this year. I would love the opportunity to try this stuff on first.
    easyrider11 likes this.
  16. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, got a tube blow out and had to tow her home but the Reckless 40 looks fantastic on the Beta 500. On a bike like this, it's definitely noticeable when you put everything in there for an overnight camping trip. You can feel the load behind you.
    [​IMG]
  17. THRASHED

Oddometer:
    Nice setup, Adam. Just out of curiosity, was there damage done to the bike when you got the flat? Why didn't you just swap the tube?
    AdamChandler and jdubb75 like this.
  18. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    had a tube and tools with me but forgot a pump. The tube actually failed at the stem. Probably the place that installed it didn’t line it up perfectly and it tore at the stem base. Tire and tube installed 15 hours motor hours ago. Took it home and it’s back in business with a new tube and a bath.
  19. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    What trailer is that?
  20. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    https://www.kendonusa.com/collectio...ducts/single-rail-folding-motorcycle-trailers

It's a 2006 Model I bought last year off an inmate who had put only 800 miles on it for $350 and he delivered it up to NH for me. did some de-rusting, re-painted and re-packed bearings and it runs really well! It's pretty bouncy and loud unloaded but pulls the dirt bike perfectly. We only have parking for 2 cars at the house so the stand up trailer fits the bill perfectly.