Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep they are planning to be there! What size are you looking at? I live in northern San Diego so we could meet in the middle if you're interested.
    Sideoff and AdamChandler like this.
  2. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    To followup on Blake's post...

Mosko Moto Size Guide. Note comment regarding armor. Order your normal size as Blake mentions.

Here is a recent review of the Basilisk kit.

One's personal temperature comfort range will always be the deciding factor if one likes a garment, or not.
    Sideoff, Blake D and Snake Oiler like this.
  3. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer but the show isn't that far off and I'm seriously busy until mid November.
    Sideoff likes this.
  4. KTM450SX

KTM450SX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This happend yesterday. Peeled it like a banana! lol.
    This is on a V1 80...that sat in my shop unused for like 4 years? since new(stupid work) until the last couple weeks.
    Seems like some crazy fluke. I'm hard on things :)
    I'm not too worried about it, sent Mosko a unlisted video today in email that shows it better. Or my friend said Rugged Thread in Bend can fix it for me.

Was just out screwing around and only had a fatty tool roll in left side and tubes in the other(leftover tubes for my 950 SE)..so was not a big deal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sideoff likes this.
  5. Anthiron

Anthiron Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn for Sega

Oddometer:
    Sure am. @spannershedcustoms
    Blake D likes this.
  6. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Haven't seen that before! Good call sending in the video - we will take care of this.
  7. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Hey Ken, thanks for the feedback and user suggestion - I will pass it along to Andrew.
    easyrider11 and Emgo like this.
  8. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Hey, sorry I'm just now seeing this. We ship out of Portland, so safe to say that it would take about 4 days for an order to reach you.
  9. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    You are correct. I edited my response. Thanks for bringing that to my attention and chiming in with your own weight spec.
    OKDQ likes this.
  10. miks

miks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've appreciated the videos Mosko Moto has made about what and where they pack things - this was a factor in me getting an R40. I recently finished a 20-day, 3200-mile, 80%-dirt solo adventure on my KTM 350 EXCF and thought I'd make my own video showing what I pack and where I pack it. I did everything from slab, to two-track, to overgrown singletrack, to Moab Slickrock, and more with this setup. The video covers my tools and some other smaller bags, but the bulk of my gear is in the R40. I camped with this setup and would motel here and there to wash up and do sink laundry. Gear always seems to be a work in progress and no doubt this will change over time with more trips. But, I feel like if I could go 20 days on this setup, I could go much longer with the same. I've been super happy with the R40 - the smaller size definitely forces you to think carefully about what you pack and I like it for that reason and others. (Fast Forward to about the 11-minute mark if you want to skip me blathering on and just see what's in the R40).

Ultralight ADV - 20 Days/3200 miles solo on a KTM 350 EXCF
    2019-08-30 18.36.19.jpg
    Sideoff, easyrider11, jowul and 15 others like this.
  11. KTM450SX

KTM450SX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks yea got something worked out with Sarah. Thanks
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  12. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    3200 miles on an 350EXC Damn man. Props to you!
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  13. miks

miks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Was good times. Balancing the tires and installing the KTM bar dampeners I think is critical to getting the vibes out for longer distance stuff.
  14. LoneWolfNick

LoneWolfNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clarification needed on the backcountry panniers. From the video is looks like the 35s have an internal bag that's 30 and a side pocket for the last 5. Does this mean to get to 35 liters you would need to purchase 2 pockets as well? And if you purchased the 35s with 4 pockets would it make the total size to 45? Sorry if I missed something just want to make sure before I open the wallet up.

Thanks in advance
    Sideoff and riderjacob like this.
  15. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the video for the new Backcountry bags you showcased how to lock it with a sliding cable lock. Any lock from Amazon will do?
    Sideoff likes this.
  16. mkccowboy

mkccowboy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Believe depends on diameter of cable if talking about the V2 BC and want to run cable through the eye on mount latch. I measured the opening on V2 and the eye looks like it’s 3/8” opening.
    Sideoff, Blake D and Ocho NA like this.
  17. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my Backcountry v2 bags but can’t figure how to bolt on the extra side pockets to the bags? Couldn’t find any information on how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Sideoff and easyrider11 like this.
  18. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    G'day from Oz. Are you blokes heading over this way for https://www.motoexpo.com.au/? Interested in your tank bags and I'd like to actually look at them first.
    Sideoff likes this.
  19. mkccowboy

mkccowboy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should have received hardware to mount pouches. The Allen head go inside pouch and screw into the pannier. Remove the dry bag from the pannier, you should feel 5 matching holes but they have a Velcro tab over them so you will need to lift the Velcro tab to put the anchor (hardware with points that bite into the pannier) in. 5 attachments per pouch. The holes with blue on outside of pouch allow getting the Allen wrench on the screw that goes through pouch and screws into anchor on pannier. I can get a pic tomorrow if that doesn’t make since.
    Sideoff, Blake D and Ocho NA like this.
  20. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the instructions! Got bag 1 of 4 installed. Harder than I expected, will continue tomorrow.
    Sideoff and mkccowboy like this.