1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Look at that....great find....gracias TT....
  2. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Well I ordered the Reckless 10 for the 790 based on the video above and the remarkable customer support from Mosko (Ames)...Went over and above...

I emailed and attempted to contact another luggage vendor about their version of a similar bag...still haven't heard back.....

While on the Mosko site...I ordered the Aux Pox that goes on a 25l pannier....I am going to strap it on the tail rack of the 790...should be a tidy little tail bag....
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Nice! That setup will definitely complement the spirit of your build - a fast, light and nimble beast. Look forward to seeing it all strapped down and ready to go. Come back and post up some photos when you get it set up. Not everyone wants or needs huge luggage on an adv bike. It's nice to see options explored. Something which takes us down in size, but has room for the essentials of a good day (or 3?) out on the trails.
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  4. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Will do....

Yes...15L will get me 3 days on the trail....not camping of course....
    Blake D likes this.
  5. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should fit snugger to the bike too once the side panels are removed.
    Sideoff and Nowwhat like this.
  6. SenorCollin

SenorCollin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will you guys ever be offering the reckless systems in a "holster only" kind of setup, like how you can purchase the Altrider hemisphere "holster" harness without the big weird U-shaped drybag? My vision would be to use my backcountry 40 in conjunction with a system like that, giving me the flexibility to stuff the holsters with my own dry bags and duffel on top from my 1090 ADV to thumper down to only using the BC40 along with saddlebags when I do on road only trips on my harley. I love how with the R80 system it is so expandable with extra pouches and molle webbing, but trying to use that system with my BC40 bag would not only be cost prohibitive but also redundant having the beaver tail on both the R80 system and the BC40 bag. I can't imagine that I would be the only person to be interested in something like that, but then again... I might be an idiot.
    Sideoff and TrailTrauma like this.
  7. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Ames rocks! Be sure to post some photos of your setup on here - looking forward to seeing it.
    Sideoff and Nowwhat like this.
  8. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    I can see what you mean, but at this time we have no plans to sell the reckless systems in that configuration.
  9. SenorCollin

Oddometer:
    Welp, hopefully that changes someday! Until then, I'll just have to appreciate the other cool gear you guys make that DOES suit my needs.
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  10. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    If I understand correctly, and thats a big if, do you propose something like an R40, or R80 but without the beavertail and not dry bags? That would do me as well, as I already have the BC40. This could happen on the production floor - just leave some Rxx's without the beaver sewn on, and ship without bags. I could stuff the side pockets with my own dry bags, and sit the BC40 atop the flat interface between the pouches.

It's something which requires no further design, and could ship out cheaper than an Rxx could, allowing more configurations and freedom.
    Sideoff, flamingm0e and N4pSt3R like this.
  11. SenorCollin

Oddometer:
    That is what I am thinking. For now it looks like I'll have to settle for another manufacturers system that is similar to what I described, but if Mosko finds themselves inclined to release such an item I would be compelled to upgrade to it.
    Sideoff and TrailTrauma like this.
  12. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Come to think of it, I'll appreciate being able to just purchase a beaver tail stand alone if I could. Nice way to quickly secure any pack or drybag we might have plus the molle bonus. I hate the idea of having to pull apart whatever mounts a rear bag each time I roll up somewhere in town. Easier to unclick a beaver tail and pull off my pack, and over my shoulder. When unused, the beaver tail simply lies fairly flat, and out of mind.

Talk about mass utility!

THAT should be a Mosko retail item!
    Luckycharms likes this.
  13. svneko

svneko What?

Oddometer:
    Hey, loving the BC V2 panniers, really versatile. I have two questions for Mosko:
    1. The wedge system seems perfect for a modular setup. Why not offer a smaller daybag with a frame attached for running around town at home when you don't need the big pannier bag? Just swap it out for the smaller bag to hold stuff from the grocery or hardware store etc. I am sure I am like many riders where I use my bike for ADV rides but also regular transportation.

2. Why not just sew in some armor pockets for the Basilisk? It is the only reason I didn't buy one. I can picture putting some slim CE1 pads in there and feeling much more comfortable using it without armor underneath. Someone in an earlier post talked about packing the armor in the beaver tail when not using it, but I don't really want to ride anywhere without some level of armor protection. And when armor is needed, either take out the jacket armor or keep it in over a slim CE1 armored shirt. Two thin sets of armor over each other might not be too uncomfortable. With just pockets, you could ignore all this and use it the way Mosko says to use it now.
    Sideoff, Blake D and levain like this.
  14. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Hey Svneko,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the "daybag" for the wedge system - I'll pass it along to our luggage team.

As for why we do not include pockets for armor in the Basilisk jacket:

The jacket is designed specifically for use with separate armor, as it provides superior protection and layering ability when compared to an integrated armor setup. Adding pockets for armor would require that we add a liner to the jacket, which would increase weight and decrease ventilation/breathability...

We understand that many riders use jackets with integrated armor, and that this is the "norm", but we strongly believe in and advocate for the use of separate armor, which is why we chose to design the jacket the way that we did.
    Sideoff, Dale402 and dnrobertson like this.
  15. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    unnamed-3.jpg
    People of Idaho! We’re coming to kick it with YOU, in Boise tomorrow on October 22nd.

Mosko and Upshift Online are joining forces, hosting a Meetupat the Western Collective Taproom in Boise, ID - Tomorrow, October 22nd from 2PM - 8PM.

Grab your buddies and bring your bikes out for an afternoon of chillin’ and adventure buzz - we’ve got plenty of stoke to share!

A full size range of samples of our new Basilisk riding kit will be available for fitting, so if you’ve been waiting to see it in person - here’s your chance. We will also have our full product offering on site and a discount for any orders placed at the meetup. Plus the beer is on us, what’s not to love?

Just Announced: Pete and Ash will be doing a live presentation on Fly-in Trips - sharing all the details on how to pull off a drop in moto trip anywhere in the world. Presentation will start at roughly 7:00PM

Hope to see you there!

When: Tuesday, October 22nd
    Time: 2pm – 8pm

Where: Western Collective
    111 W 33rd St
    Garden City, ID

https://www.upshiftonline.com/
    Facebook: UPSHIFT
    Instagram: @upshift_online
    skibum69, Force0321 and WADE-O like this.
  16. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doesn't the 790 weigh about 460lbs? Load her up and let her rip - a few liters here or there won't make a diff.
    Sideoff and Luckycharms like this.
  17. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I take it you haven't seen @Nowwhat 's /Rottweiler 790 build?
    Nowwhat likes this.
  18. FJRider

FJRider A Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I just purchased the Mosko Backcountry Offset Pannier set for my Tiger 800XC (BTW they fit perfectly on my Moose Racing Expedition Case rack). I am blown away by the quality. I followed up and just purchased their Nomad Tank Bag too.
    Sideoff, easyrider11 and Blake D like this.
  19. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI, sadly listed my Basilisk in flea market, due to Dec procedure
  20. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer!