1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Does the BC 30L duffel have loops/straps for a tent poll bag? The video shows it, but not on the pics.
    Sideoff and Blake D like this.
  2. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recently bought the BC 30l. The 30l does have loops for the tent pole bag, but the tent pole bag itself is not included. I bought the tent pole bag, too. Just got back from a trip and am very happy with my decision to buy the 30l vs 40l. It along with the v2 35l/25l BC panniers worked perfect for my needs on my Super Tenere with a top case. The 40l would have been too big to use in conjunction with the top case.
    Sideoff, ballisticexchris and eakins like this.
  3. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Exactly correct. Thanks for chiming in!
    eakins likes this.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    How max wide of a mount seat/rack can be used on a R80? Seems if the rack is too wide that impacts the side bag pockets.

What is ideal width (12"?) and are the extreme min and max rack/seat widths that work?
    Sideoff likes this.
  5. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    We don't keep exact measurements/data on fitment because every bike is a bit different, as is everyone's packing setup.

What bike/rack combination are you looking to throw the R80 on?
  6. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back to why I love my Nomad tank bag so much. It just works! And it works on whatever bike I want it to work on. The last check was on my R1100 S. So now it works on 4 bikes although I need to do a longer term test on my 525 when it’s back on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This will need a new test with the new tank. Now I need to order a new raincover as I left mine at a rally in PA and I need a couple more mounting harnesses for the other bikes.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you Mosko for everything you do:D
  7. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    It does have the straps. Here is a review of it on my Super Tenere:

So far so good!! I can say enough good about these bags. I already have a set of the backcountry 35 panniers. For a top bag I was using the Kriega 20. Unfortunately my 7 year old fuel sack ruptured and destroyed the Kriega. These bags are not for everyone. For the everyday commuter you can't beat a nice top box. For a guy like me who does a lot of solo riding in the back country this is the hot ticket.

So I just bought this and found it's the perfect size for our Super Tenere's. The 40 liter version would be way too large and and hang over too far when the panniers are removed. The 30 liter is perfect for everyday riding when the panniers are removed. It holds everything!! I'm fully self contained for almost any repair short of a blown up engine.

Packed for simple day rides:

PA260001.JPG PA260002.JPG PA260003.JPG

I'm a big fan on packing cubes!! In this one I have a lifting winch, extra straps, emergency rope/carabiner/pulley/knot book, emergency blanket/compass/matches, first aid kit.
    PA270015.JPG

This one has a front/rear tube, pump/gage combo, plug/patch kit, Earth-X emergency jumper box, and tire tools (including bead breaker).
    PA270016.JPG

Everything fits nice and neat in my cubes. The cubes slide right in/out of my duffle from either side.
    fullsizeoutput_1d9.jpeg

The small top add on bag holds my moto gloves, hat, and charging cables.
    PA270019.JPG
  8. ballisticexchris

Oddometer:
    If you decide you want to camp then you can really stuff this duffle!! I can not only fit everything above but also my sleeping bag, inflatable cot/pillow, blanket, and tent!!
    PA260007.JPG

PA260008.JPG

Look at all this crap you can stuff inside!! I'm not too keen on separating the tent poles but it really makes packing easy!!
    PA260011.JPG

The tent poles have a holder under the beavertail. I have the waterproof tent pole sack coming tomorrow.
    PA260005.JPG

Underneath the duffle I have my bike cover, portable chair, and portable table.

PA260014.JPG

I don't plan on doing a lot of camping off this bike but it's nice to know I can. Some of the desert/mountain rallies are on unimproved campsites. I can camp anywhere and be in relative comfort. I'm not one of those freak minimalists who use the front wheel for a backrest or pannier for a seat. When I was in my 20's that was fun. Now that I'm pushing 60 it's all about comfort. I have nothing to prove how tough I am. I'm a wimp and want to be comfortable when traveling.
    Sideoff, appliance57, jowul and 2 others like this.
  9. ballisticexchris

Oddometer:
    I cannot think of a better luggage system out there. Mosko Moto is the gold standard when it comes to luggage solutions. I do not say this lightly. I'm more and more impressed every time I pack for a trip. The versatility is amazing!!
    Sideoff, Force0321, Dale402 and 3 others like this.
  10. svneko

svneko What?

Oddometer:
  11. ballisticexchris

Oddometer:
    Are they showing up now?
    floalex and joevacc like this.
  12. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks fixed now!
    Blake D, ballisticexchris and JoeR68 like this.
  13. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Sideoff and FireDog45 like this.
  14. easyrider11

easyrider11 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Bill (: actually working on an update to that photo today. Thanks for the reminder!
    MtnRider, Sideoff and eakins like this.
  15. PomInOz_

PomInOz_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a question on the Deluge pants.

How are they for putting on at the side of the road, fast over a pair of big mx style boots i.e. Forma Terrain?

I'm considering these, but they are mainly for emergencies when a big storm kicks in. The other option I'm considering is something like the Held Cloudburst (https://heldaustralia.com.au/shop/cloudburst-over-pants.html) with full-length leg zips. The full-length leg zips should be very quick/easy to put on although they are an entirely different product with the Deluge being higher-quality fabrics / no leg length zip to leak.
    Sideoff likes this.
  16. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey! For anyone headed out to the Geico ADV Rally in Julian, Ca this weekend I'll be there with an assortment of Mosko bags that I own and a full Basilisk kit. Feel free to come over and check out my riding set up! I'll be in camp site 111 I believe unless I'm out riding that is. :)
    Sideoff and phreakingeek like this.
  17. Don T

Don T Roaming Viking

Oddometer:
    Does any of you have experience with Reckless 80 on a XTZ1200 without using a rack?

:ear
  18. JoeR68

JoeR68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the R80 Version 1 ad have been using it for years. No issues at all.
    Sideoff, Blake D and Don T like this.
  19. Don T

Don T Roaming Viking

Oddometer:
    - and you don't use a rack?
  20. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s why it’s called the R80. In the beginning they named it the “rackless” 80 but lost in translation with a foreign builder it turned into “reckless” 80 and the name was kept. It was designed from the beginning to be used without racks. You would know that if you’d read all of this thread.:lol3
    dooby and Sideoff like this.