1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. comradecasey

comradecasey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are your guys' backpacks coming out anytime soon? I'd really rather not buy a Kriega pack when I've got plenty of Mosko stuff, but in this time of instant gratification, waiting is tough :rofl
    Sideoff likes this.
  2. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    My son has the Leatt. I'm not personally a fan of the clip type, but he loves it and the bladder is 2L

https://www.btosports.com/p/leatt-d...x5EEE0CXJwYiGISEi-oQvnLT4woXuVoEaAiyzEALw_wcB
    Sonny S. likes this.
  3. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    A few posts back you were asking about computer transport. I have a couple of options I use depending where I'm going and what I'm doing.

I bought this Pelican case quite a few years ago, it has been all over the world more than once carrying 3 different 13" Mac computers. My new Air is much thinner than my older models so I put some ensolite in to fill some space and add a little crash protection. As you can imagine this case is pretty bombproof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is an old Ortlieb soft case which is a little big for 13" computers but still works well for me. I carry a 30 later Deuter Guide backpack as carry on when I fly and this lives in the bag which lightens up the bag and makes for easy retrieval going through security. It too has done multiple trips around the world. Having 2 corner zippers is nice so you can use it in either orientation. In my briefcase it goes landscape and in my backpack it goes portrait. I'll probably need to add a little something to take up volume with the Air.
    [​IMG]

3 Mac computers have survived my mishandling for many years and even the spilled beer hasn't killed them overly early. Not sure what you're thinking for computer carrying but this has been my go to for 10+ years.
    AdvMoto18, Mofrid and AdamChandler like this.
  4. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would encourage RTW travelers who have the means to switch to an iPad Pro 11" + Brydge Pro Keyboard. Add LTE 4G to the thing if you're staying within your continent and utilize that instead. I'll be the first to admit that iPads are shit computers. They don't even compare to a proper Mac or PC with a keyboard and mouse and ports but an iPad Pro w/ USB-C means you can plug in your SD cards and use the Brydge as a nice cover / keyboard and once you install Pixelmator, OmniFocus, Lightroom, Photoshop, Byword and the Office suites, you can really get a lot done. I have MS Teams, Slack, Fantastical, RSS Reader, Outlook and nearly-real photoshop and iMovie. I can work remotely from it and it saves a TON of space in my case and given Mac Laptops are pushing $3,000 now, it's good to leave that beast home and work on the iPad. I've done up to 12 days on the iPad and still been functional at managing my team and staying on top of things. I can't really deep dive but it's about 60% of what I do every day can be done on the iPad.
    [​IMG]
    Ocho NA and Luckycharms like this.
  5. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have found my Surface Pro3 to be the ideal Travel PC. I have had mine since 2015 and its been solid ever since. Runs Windows 10 so no compatibility issues.
  6. Franck B

Franck B Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank You, yes very easy to release the straps to refuel on 701. Thanks for the video also
  7. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    The actual volume of the 4L Molle Pouch is indeed 4 Liters. It is because of the specific dimensions of the water reservoir that we suggest using the 2L version (4L water reservoirs are too tall for the pouch.
    Emgo likes this.
  8. Emgo

Emgo Started on a CT70 almost 50 years ago

Oddometer:
    I remembered seeing this video some time ago with Pete demonstrating how the volume is measured

Ken
    dooby, dstutz, Snake Oiler and 2 others like this.
  9. WorkingClassHero

WorkingClassHero n00b

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if the Reckless 80 will fit on a 15" wide rack top plate? I see from the specs that the beavertail in only 11" wide. Would that significantly effect the way the side panniers sit? Thanks.
  10. vt wingman

vt wingman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HUGE shout out to Jenn and Paulina for their assistance and excellent customer service! I made a purchase during Black Friday Sale and through a screw up on my part I ordered an additional item that I wanted to cancel! It was 100% my fault and I would have understood if they couldn’t have helped me, but they went above and beyond and worked hard to cancel the order and issue me a refund! I received the order I wanted and couldn’t be happier! I understand from the blog that both Jenn and Paulina are new hires but you wouldn’t know it from their customer service skills! Again, thank you so much, excellent products and equally excellent customer service will have me coming back in the future!
  11. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    As long as the exhaust gas isn't pointed directly at the bag, it should be fine.

To be safe, I would be wary of letting the bike sit at idle for a long time, as the exhaust gasses will inevitably heat up the bottom of the bag.
  12. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    15" is just about at the upper limit when it comes to the width of surface the R80 is being mounted on. It should mount up and sit just fine, just be careful not to over-tension or over-stuff the side legs/bags as a rack of this width increases the amount of stress that the harness has to handle.
  13. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Jenn and Paulina absolutely rock :super
    Hambino, eddyturn and vt wingman like this.
  14. WorkingClassHero

WorkingClassHero n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, thought that might be the case. Think I'll get a new rack first. Anyone have any recommendations for a good DR650 rack that will take the Reckless 80?
  15. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe the rack i use is a moose rack
    With a v1 r80
    Blake D likes this.
  16. WorkingClassHero

WorkingClassHero n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I have seen them and they look pretty good.
  17. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mosko Reckless 40 ( R40 ) and 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R fitment question.

I just picked up a used 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R with Perun luggage rack. I have a Mosko R40 from previous bike. Looks the Mosko R40 cover the KTM gas filler cap. How do you go about removing it at gas station to access the gas cap?

Photos would be helpful.
  18. ttime4four

ttime4four Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just loosen up the rear straps and slide the R40 forward to fuel. When done, put the cap back and cinch up the rear straps.
    Blake D and GF-kam like this.
  19. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:

Couple of questions. I have a similar setup. Mosko R40, Perun luggage rack, and KTM 690 Enduro R. With regards to the rear tail straps that do into the beaver tail. How do you loosen the R40 straps to get them out of the Kriega loops?

So what do you use those buckle straps for? Do you use them for quicker access over the stock Mosko R40 beaver straps on top?
  20. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:

Hey dstutz, How do you access the fuel filler cap? Does your R80 have a filler cap hole on the inside of the beaver tail?

I have a Mosko R40 I plan to use on my recently acquired KTM 690 Enduro R with Perun rack. Looks like I have to come up with new quick release buckle and Kriega loops to make it easier to disconnect and slide the R40 forward for fueling.

Nice setup. I am just across the Potomac on the Virginia side of DC.
    Blake D likes this.