1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep...The R80 has the hole in the base so you just unclip the beavertail (2 clips) and move the Stringer out of the way (just velcro) and then you can access the cap. I haven't completely filled my R80 on a trip yet. It's nice to keep the weight lower in the legs and put the bulkier light stuff up top. When you're strapping it on you just keep an eye on the hole and make sure it ends up in the right place, kinda helps keep it centered on the bike :).
    Blake D and GF-kam like this.
  2. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    I loosen the two lower Buckle straps attached to the R40 legs. Then you can pull the R40 back a bit which slackens the rear tail straps. Then there's enough slack so you can just slide them out of the G-hooks on the Perun Rack. Once out you move the R40 forward to get to access to the fuel cap.

If you are not going to take off the R40 for awhile when camping those colored Sea to Summit Bomber tie down buckle straps are even easier. You replace the mosko's on top with these. You do need to trim the strap to a desired length so your not trailing 3 meter of strap. I have just enough length to run it through the aluminium bar of the mosko's and back out of the beavertail. The buckles are just outside and behind the R40 or R80 beaver tail and the straps runs through the rack and buckles. You just loosen these and slide the bag forward.

Sounds complicated when written down but basically just replace the stock straps with these and have the buckles outside of the beavertail for easy and quick access. No need to open the beavertail and removing a stinger or such at all to loosen the stock straps etc.
    GF-kam likes this.
  3. ttime4four

ttime4four Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking this was a pretty complicated approach for such a simple system - especially when utilized with the Perun Rack (with slots cut specifically for the Mosko system). I guess the trade off is between longer stock Mosko straps vs finding "quick" connect/disconnect system that allows for a cleaner strap maintenance.

It's cool to see the new ideas with G-Hooks and stuff.
  4. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, it is as simple as it gets :-). It just sounds complicated in writing.
    Blake D likes this.
  5. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the Basilisk kit looks better with a little mud on it received_482847762343625.jpeg received_637714016990114.jpeg
  6. sanders446

sanders446 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A question for those who have the Pico tank bag....

I have a battery charger (Anker powercore 26800) I'd like to carry up front in a Pico. It measures 7 1/8 inches long by 3 1/8 inches wide. Would this fit?

I printed out the pico footprint and it looks like it would fit with plenty of room, but the way the pico is designed, it looks like the inside dimensions are quite a bit smaller than the outside dimensions. I'd like to know for sure if my battery will fit before I grab one. Can anyone help me out and measure the inside dimesions?
  7. Kerschbaumer

Kerschbaumer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quick question - Would the Scout 25lt duffel (and or upcoming Scout 30lt) fit in the Reckless 80 in place of the 22lt Stinger, same orientation?

The broad mouth Scout duffel with bit more capacity has appeal as that is the bag that will be quickly popped off and carried into hostel, leaving rest of kit on the moto.
    easyrider11 likes this.
  8. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Exactly right. Thanks dstutz.
  9. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
  10. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Hey Sanders,

Your battery charger should fit in the Pico without problem. The Pico is, however, currently out of stock. It is being updated and should be back in stock by early summer.
    Raconnol and sanders446 like this.
  11. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    The Scout 25 will fit in the beavertail no problem - It is very expandable and can even fit the 30L Backcountry duffle.
  12. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    R10
    20191228_114225.jpg
  13. Blake D

Blake D Blake Draguesku

Oddometer:
    Nowwhat likes this.
  14. Emgo

Emgo Started on a CT70 almost 50 years ago

Oddometer:
    The Scout 25 will fit in the R40 beavertail. I've tried it, it's really jammed in tight. It and the 30L Backcountry duffle would much fit much better if the beavertail would rotate 90 degrees like the R10. I'm still hopeful for this feature on gen 3.

Ken
    easyrider11 and Blake D like this.
  15. Andybeerguy

Andybeerguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    80E9E846-1F5F-4A53-82D5-1C811528D08B.jpeg Has anyone else running a R80 on a 690/701 notice that the right ride likes to get sucked towards the rear tire when mounted to the Perun heel guards and rear rack? Tried shifting load to prevent but there doesn’t seem to be the right kind of leverage to keep the right side from rotating around. Any help or guidance is appreciated
    easyrider11 and Blake D like this.
  16. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You find your bike twitchy at all with the forks high in the triples?
  17. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's been stuff in here before about this. 2 things, one is free the other is not.
    1) Remount the passenger peg brackets and remove the actual passenger pegs but leave the pins in place, use that as the attachment point for the leg bags. It's closer to the bags so the strap is shorter so it will move less.
    2) Get the extension plate for the Perun rack.

I did a trip last year with the same setup as you and found the same problem. I did a trip this year with #1 and it was definitely better but I'll probably just move on to #2 before my next long trip.
    easyrider11 and Andybeerguy like this.
  18. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    Are the Steel Core straps meant for tension loading, or just security? I'd love to replace at least one of my BC Cinch straps holding my Pinner.
  19. rostov

rostov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a difference between Mosko original and BMW Atacama, and why to choose one over another?
  20. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    easyrider11 and rostov like this.