Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Sideoff, @TheGearDude
    I know this isn't what you want to do, but hear me out. There is a serious hole in the market for a real dual sport jacket. Something lightweight, highly abrasion resistant for the road, solid, non-waterproof textile with vents. And, yes, armor pockets. Lots of us don't want to deal with the hassle of separate armor in a jacket. Pants are a no-brainer since you likely only take off/put on once a day, but a jacket? You don't have to provide the armor. Keep the price down by letting us deal with that.

This would be a perfect combo with the new Rak, with the same no bullshit, "too simple to fail" design. A non-sexy fabric like uncoated 1000d Cordura (get a sample from Motoport. It feels like pajamas), with an extra layer on elbows/shoulders. 2 pockets. 2 pit vents, 2 horizontal back vents and cuffs large enough to scoop air. Minimal seams to blow out.

No one makes this jacket. Klim dakar is close, but abrasion resistance is lacking. I'm wearing a Klim Enduro S4 now. It's a great jacket. Amazing really, but it's heavy, overly complicated, tons of seams and mesh just isn't best for my New England climate, but I wanted the road protection. This unicorn jacket is an instant buy for many of us.

Thanks
    Sideoff, TheGearDude and Cafeguzzi like this.
  2. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    See, the thing is in our minds; we already make that jacket: The Basilisk
    -Lightweight
    -Highly abrasion-resistant
    -Well vented

Imagine a jacket version of the Woodsman, is this more in line with what you're thinking? Because that's something, we have on our brains currently, short of the armor pockets.

Also, with the Rak's 3-layer eVent fabric, it's no slouch when it comes to abrasion resistance. Who knows, it might be the jacket you've been looking for all along? It's a really hard piece of apparel to really judge without putting hands on it, which is nearly impossible right now due to no events.

Armor pockets are a can of worms we have gone back and forth on. They are problematic because we don't do things in half measures, and we would have to figure out a way to make them superior to what's already available. Maybe we'll go down that road eventually, but for right now, we're focusing on what we think is the future.

We truly appreciate the feedback and think it is vital for our apparel development.
    BobcatSig and levain like this.
  3. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting these, VERY helpful!
  4. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    The fit on the Rak pant is more generous than the Basilisk because they are a true over-pant meant to be worn over something like the Woodsman.
    The openings below the knee are as big as you need them to be since they have full length zippers down the sides.
    Yes, snaps at the waist like the v1.2 Basilisk pant.
  5. ccogg

ccogg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I unintentionally ended up with the perfect lifeproof Phone case to go on my Pico tank bag!
    upload_2020-9-6_19-48-43.jpeg

Attached Files:

scottdc, TheGearDude and Flatroads like this.
  6. Pete Behn

Pete Behn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have that same case with different colors. Be careful with it. It's not very lifeproof-the screen cover scratches very easily! Good match for the Pico.
  7. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Good color combo! How do you have it attached to the MOLLE?
  8. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks for the reply. The jacket I described would blow away the Basilisk in anything but waterproofing. I get that it isn't a direction you want to go, but just thought I'd throw it out there. If anything its something to discuss. I'm hopeful that Adventure-spec makes a jacket version of their amazing Mongolia pants. That's what I'm looking for.

Rak looks great, as a (beefy!) rain jacket. To rely on it for abrasion sliding down the road would be crazy, and, frankly, misleading.

Thanks! I've admired Mosko from the beginning. You guys have earned your success, and I know that if you made the jacket I want, it would be killer is all.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    For anyone who's been waiting, the Reckless 80 (V3.0) Revolver is now back in stock!
    Get em while they last: moskomo.to/revolver

_DSC9126.jpg
    Braapncamp and eddyturn like this.
  10. ccogg

ccogg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Short answer is - I don’t. I have one of the cell phone pouches from Mosko and it’s just too bulky/unnecessary, in my opinion. It also annoyed me that you can’t center it on the Hood bag! OCD issues???

For now I just use adhesive Velcro on the case and the top of the bag. If/when Mosko starts selling their Velcro I’d probably try using that with the MOLE system even if I have to use contact adhesive to put it on the phone case.

upload_2020-9-8_15-51-38.jpeg

I also put some adhesive foam on the bottom to make it fit my bike a little better:

upload_2020-9-8_15-52-37.jpeg

The zip tie attachment for the straps ended up mediocre on my bike. The little part that stays with the bike is still awkward when the bag is off and eliminating that buckle would sure be nice so you don’t have it rubbing on the inside of your leg. On the WR a strap from the bag with a small clip on the end, like on a fender bag, would be great and I could just hook it under the plastic. Or I might make a small slotted tab that mounts under the frame bolt and I can just hook a strap to it. Anyway, I can sympathize with the challenge of trying to make a system that will work well on every bike!!!

upload_2020-9-8_15-57-2.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-8_16-4-25.jpeg
    Overall I think the products are great though!
  11. ccogg

ccogg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn’t recommend this setup for lots of two up touring (WR250R and Mosko Reckless 40 with the 22L tail bag + pico tank bag) but my daughter and I made it work for a couple of beautiful days camping in the Gifford Pincho National Forrest:
    upload_2020-9-8_16-14-23.jpeg
    Mofrid, handensco, Yeti2ride and 8 others like this.
  12. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    Shout out to Jenn in customer support. That is all!
    Mofrid, handensco, scottdc and 3 others like this.
  13. ccogg

ccogg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Their customer support is second to none!
  14. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    Having hucked my meat, down the highway, on asphalt, while riding my 690, at nearly 70 mph; the Dakar jacket and pants did much better than you think. In fact, it was so good, I bought the next version as the crash destroyed my original one. My fractured collar bone, not so much...

When it's cold or wet, I throw on the Basilisk over for a nice, layered kit, complete with armor. Works well.
    STLR and levain like this.
  16. MotoJimJim

MotoJimJim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am about to order the Basilisk V1.2 pants. It's too bad that due to COVID 19 there are no events or shows cause I am uncertain about sizes. I pretty much wear 34 in all my pants including Klim motorcycle pants, Levis etc. with the exception of fancy suit pants where I am a size 36. However, according to Mosko size chart, my actual waist measurements of 36-37" would make me a size 36.

I would order both 34 and 36, then return the wrong one normally. However, I live in Canada and would like to avoid the double charges on duty and extra shipping if possible.

I am a bit concern from reading the reviews on Woodsman pants where they seem to fit loose. I do intend on wearing Leatt Impact Shorts with CE 1 hip armour in the Basilisk pants.

For those of you with Basilisk V1.2 or even the 1.0 version, can you comment on sizing Particular interested in normal pants size vs Mosko measure size chart
    TheGearDude likes this.
  17. MotoJimJim

MotoJimJim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Totally agree. May I suggest looking at the Alpinestars Nucleon KR-HR hip pads. These hip pads come with a pair of pockets as well. Both the pads themselves as well as the pockets have velcro. I think they would fit inside the Basilisk pants with some velcro attachment. At the end of the day, you could remove the entire pad/pocket.
  18. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    I'm a 36 in normal/everyday pants as well as Klim Dakars, and all are a little loose which I like. Definitely not a 34 anymore. That said my legs look like I'm riding a chicken. I ordered the 36 in the V1 and I was swimming in them, both waist and legs. I returned for a 34 and they fit much better. A little tight in the hips and crotch, surprisingly loose in the waist still, but perfect elsewhere and I wear knee pads with them, refer to chicken comment above. I'd order the 34 if you have thick legs and possibly the 32 if you also ride a chicken, based on what your saying.
  19. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have 34 Klim Dakars and when I ordered the same in the Klim Adventure suit they were most definitely smaller. I was not impressed.
  20. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    I think Klim sizing can be a bit all over the place. I wear a large Badlands and it's a bit tight (in a good way). The Adventure suit fit a size larger back when I was buying.

I think my Latitude and Dakar pants are the same size though so maybe it's just the Adventure that runs large?