Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, those pics! Is there a Mosko Moto standing ADVRider discount? I think I need to finally pull the trigger.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  2. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There isn't an ADVRider discount. If you're new to the thread you can read an older blog post from Pete about the way Mosko sets there prices and why they typically don't offer discounts. Normally, they do in person show specials but 2020 strikes again on that one.

https://moskomoto.com/blogs/mosko-moto-blog/76763844-how-we-set-prices
    gilligandavis and TheGearDude like this.
  3. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gotcha, totally get that. Thank you.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  4. Hugerush

Hugerush Furbrain

Oddometer:
    Which model bags were on the CRF?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  5. eatsleepmotobeer

eatsleepmotobeer n00b

Oddometer:
    Both of the CRFs were rocking the Reckless 80L Revolver (Version 3)
    TheGearDude likes this.
  6. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are back !!
    TheGearDude and breeno like this.
  7. Hugerush

Hugerush Furbrain

Oddometer:
    Thanks and thanks and ORDERED. Woulda taken a Pico TB off your hands too if there were any black in stock but do I really want a TB on such a small bike? IDK - maybe later...
    TheGearDude likes this.
  8. breeno

breeno Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    woot! Just ordered - super pumped
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. breeno

breeno Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI - the “back in stock early October” blurb is still on the R80 product page.
    (Even though I *knew* it was in stock, my heart sank just a little upon seeing that before scrolling down)
    D9AF4662-0E27-4ADB-8364-CD842770198B.jpeg
    TheGearDude likes this.
  10. Cafeguzzi

Cafeguzzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the R80 is still available only as a combo/package deal. you gotta pay for the stinger 22 even if you already have one. pretty good chance one owns already the R10, like me, and wouldn't need the heat shield either. that's already $96 +t ax for stuff i don't need but still have to pay for if i decided to buy the R80.
  11. kubcat

kubcat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, now that they're back in stock, all of the posters here that are in the market for the R40 or R80 should call customer service and ask them to start a list of potential customers that feel the same. Then you could come back here to post a "I called and joined the list" post back here. Perhaps that would get @Sideoff 's attention and maybe they could modify their policy. May want to also consider a comment on his blog too.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  12. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be cool to delete the stinger, or replace it with the scout or back country duffle. But Mosko is a small business and who knows the problems that would cause ordering product, inventory, etc.
  13. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:
    i contacted mosko moto directly via email (Paulina) in july. that's how i know. they offered me free shipping but i still would have ended up with 2 stinger 22 and 2 heat shields.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  14. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    Bet you could sell them in the flea market in about 5 minutes, just saying...

They've explained why they do this in previous transmissions from HQ. Bezos doesn't run everything... yet.
    TheGearDude and comradecasey like this.
  15. deeve

deeve Adventure Lite

Oddometer:
    Curious what has changed on the Nomax tank bag other than name ( formerly Nomad). It kinda big but does anyone run that on a 690 E?
    AdamChandler likes this.
  16. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20200719_100005.jpg

Yes. All the time. Love it.
  17. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    HI folks, when could we expect the Basilisk in stock again at the Euro Shop? No FUBasilisk either?
  18. kubcat

kubcat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nah, they've explained their business economics, but they have explained nothing about why they WON'T modify those policies when they receive feedback from customers that we clearly believe some policies are NOT in our best interests. If it were me, and de-coupling tailbag options from the base kit would drive an increase in cost, given the responses I've read here, I would set a modest price increase (just enough to offset the increase in cost, not to find another place to pad a margin in) on the base kit, and offer the options as I have previously suggested.

It appears to be the case that customer feedback regarding bundling is falling on deaf ears because they continue to sell out, so why change anything - even if it is a "rub" with customer satisfaction.

Now add the "wonky sizing" trend that appears to be emerging in the apparel line.

Many a high flier has been brought low for less...

I notice a resounding chorus of crickets from @Sideoff here.
    parkers30 and TheGearDude like this.
  19. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:
    so far bought a basilisk jacket and a R10 and a Stinger 22. i already spent some money here and most likely will do so again in the future. but they lost me with the R80 combo and i bought a GL coyote instead.
    it's like comcast or at&t. 'with the internet/cable combo you get 50 channels', me: 'i don't want 50 channels, i don't have TV, i want only internet!' 'landline with unlimited calling time if you sign up for HS internet!'. me: 'i have a cellphone, i don't need a landline'.
  20. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    .... can't be all things to all people.