Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    gilligandavis and WADE-O like this.
  2. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Let us know when you get it posted, we'll share it through our social media channels.
  3. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys, if you didn't happen to catch @Sideoff's response you should check it out in one of the last pages. This used to be something we could not do because of order quantities, but now that's not as much of an issue. We are happy to let accommodate anyone who would like to order a Reckless setup sans Stinger, just reach out to our customer service team. We're working on the order options but might have to wait for the stock to catch up, stay tuned.
  4. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    I FEEL this! Thanks for speaking up @philthyphil
  5. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spencer coming in hot! Answering questions and kicking ass!
    kvango and AdamChandler like this.
  6. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woodsman came in. Size 40. Both colors. I’m a huge ass dude. Very American sized lol. Also at 6’ I’m blessed with a 29” inseam and a gorilla torso.

Size 40 woodsman was identical in waist to size 40 klim baja s4 pants. The length was as well. I thought the woodsman came up to the same height as the klim baja except the back of the woodsman rests in the same spot as my wrangler jeans and the baja run up the back much farther. The woodsman are a bit shorter in the back but I would not call them hip huggers.

Anyway about the pants, absolutely love the fit and look. The pant leg opening is wide enough to go over a hiking boot so it looks like regular pants off the bike. The all brown one probably wouldn’t be able to tell they’re moto pants. The tan and black look great too. Wish they did grey and black or all black.

About the material, the main stretchy part look like durable hiking pants. The impact zones in the knees and butt looks and feels beefy, almost feels grippy/rubbery texture but I like it.

Thumbs up.
    Sideoff likes this.
  7. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Basilisk pants came, so here is a short review of these. Same size as woodsman, size 40. Upon trying on the pants I’m a little mad because I love them and so I’m not returning them and decided to keep them and the woodsman lol.

I felt the room for the boys was pretty good and the pants leg opening was big enough for my crossfire 3 boots. Please note there is zero mesh netting or lining, it’s strictly the eVent fabric and seam tape. I personally like this because I feel air moves around more and it’s not another barrier keeping the moisture from escaping. I felt the same temp wearing them as the woodsman, granted still in my house.

The real blessing is the knee super fabric goes up high enough to actually cover my knee! The fabric feels like my bmw enduroguard but maybe not quite as stiff. The super fabric feels beefier on Mosko then the enduroguard or the klim baja. With some strap on knee armor I would feel safe on a moderate pavement crash with these pants on.

I would like to add the level of detail is insane. From the soft fleece like waistband to super fabric on the cuffs, I can’t believe it feels so high end, perhaps surpassing klim. Though they aren’t cheap garments.

I’m a little upset because I don’t think the jacket would it me, especially with the ex-k harness which is gigantic. This is the only downside.
    Sideoff likes this.
  8. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you sure? I asked about a trade in, but that didn't work.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really wanted a Basilisk, but had the same issue - the shoulders / upper back are narrow for me even without one of my armored uppers. I tried a Large on at a show last year and I could tell it was to o narrow up top (while being a bit generous at the waist); tried a Fubasilisk XL and the shoulders were fine but huge everywhere else. Those of us who work out our backs often have issues with Moto gear, because the riding position flares the Lats, which pulls the whole upper yoke tight on jackets which don’t do either stretch or pleats in that area.

Running stretch in the upper yoke is great - a good example is the Knox Urbane Pro armored shirt - it has a stretch nylon panel running across the upper back so there’s place for muscles to pull without binding. The Knox Zephyr Pro which is the more jacket version of the same thing switches it up to non-stretchy mesh up the entire back and is a non-starter for me.

Also yet another plug for the fact that your packable waterproof layers are really suboptimal for everybody east of the Mississippi. I know you’re trying to keep em simple, lightweight, and cheap to make, but you know there’s a reason pit zips show up in every outdoors shell.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  10. gilligandavis

gilligandavis Gilligan on the Road Supporter

Oddometer:

I really really wish @MoskoMoto would bring the green Basalisk jacket back!
  11. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah i really like my green jacket but those new colors also look really great. I want the red Rak but I'm afraid it'll be to matchy matchy with my bike.
    gilligandavis and TheGearDude like this.
  12. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mosko just posted videos breaking down the Woodsman pants, Rak pullover, and Rak overpants.

VDG, Honda-50, gilligandavis and 2 others like this.
  13. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Question for owners of the 1290 R and BC 40l duffle: what top plate are you all running to tie down the duffle? Picked up a new-to-me 1290 R and want to replace the Givi mount with something better suited.
  14. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I should have clarified. If they are still new and without signs of wear this exchange is something that I could facilitate. If you've already taken them out riding then that is a different story.
    duggram likes this.
  15. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    That's a limited edition colorway now! I know that all of our personal V1 Basilisk gear will be popping up in the Dirty Bird sale this winter, could be a good opportunity to get one.
    KayDubbya and gilligandavis like this.
  16. gilligandavis

Oddometer:
    Ya... Understand that... I do like the Fubalisk as an alternative!
    TheGearDude likes this.
  17. gilligandavis

Oddometer:
    Love my @AltRider top rack! altrider-rear-luggage-rack-for-the-ktm-1050-1090-1190-1290-adventure-r.jpg additional-photos-altrider-rear-luggage-rack-for-the-ktm-1050-1090-1190-1290-adventure-r-8.jpg
    TheGearDude and FireDog45 like this.
  18. luloadventure

luloadventure - LULO -

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I did receive my MoskoMoto Reckless 80 Revolver! :rayof

I had never had any MoskoMoto product, After checking that all the components were in the box, and that there were no defects, I was able to check the quality of the product. I'm very impressed. :thumb

Now I have to start with the puzzle of pieces and install it. :bubba

Photos coming soon! :lurk
    TheGearDude and gilligandavis like this.
  19. SteadyStare

SteadyStare Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I wear a Leatt 3DF Airfit hybrid body protector. Its pretty low profile as far as armor goes. If you think the Anorak will fit better, I'll give it a shot. I just ordered it (and the deluge over pants) and i'll report back on it. I live only a little ways north of you guys up in Olympia so if you ever need a gear tester who's bigger but still rides hard, just let me know!
    gilligandavis and TheGearDude like this.
  20. andyfrizzle

andyfrizzle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a quick picture of our bikes kitted out with Backcountry 35 panniers and Backcountry 30 Dufflebag for our 2 month tour of New Zealand. We can't fault the luggage, the toughest soft luggage we've had. Wellington_Waiting_For_Ferry_1.jpg