Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    TheGearDude likes this.
  2. fedegunz

fedegunz n00b

Oddometer:
    mosko similar.... made in Argentina. we say moskRomoto
    TheGearDude likes this.
  3. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Because of the lack of detailed documentation at the time of purchase, I used my R40 with the inner bag clipped to itself, like most waterproof bags, and then clipped the holster strap through the loop it made. It was plenty secure for many many miles. I O there is no need to get a bag with matching buckle sizes unless you just get lucky. I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for that feature.
    divimon2000 and TheGearDude like this.
  4. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, they are 100% designed to be worn over independent armor.
  5. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    The OG HQ! That's the first place I was introduced to MM; I still get a kick out of showing new employees the company's humble beginnings.

JP4 and AdvMoto18 like this.
  6. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    @Bbrreenntt Proof of concept! We need to start a petition.
    Bbrreenntt and JP4 like this.
  7. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Let me look into this, I don't know if we have an ETA for the 25's in Europe yet because they are probably still in production.
    rve123 likes this.
  8. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
  9. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    I agree; I think it would be a PITA to find bags with matching buckles. You would have to be very careful not to forget the one top buckle securing the bag in place, or else it might try to eject.
  10. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    We thoroughly enjoyed our visit way back when!

It was just Pete, Andrew, Lee and Tiff bringing the product to us. All from a garage with a pot belly stove for winter warmth!

Humble beginnings...indeed, yet, Amazon started in a garage as well!

Pete and Ash were gracious hosts and allowed us to camp in the grass behind their condo (before the new house was built directly behind them) overlooking the river.
    TheGearDude and dooby like this.
  11. AdvMoto18

Oddometer:
    TheGearDude likes this.
  12. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got the new woodsman ITB pant in. I have the identical size in the old first generation woodsman. Just took a measuring tape to them.

Pants laid flat on hard service, all buttoned and zipped up. Both same size. New version is over an inch smaller waist. Crotch seam to waistband is 1” longer in new version. Side to side in knee area is half an inch smaller in new version.

Basically waist got cut an entire size, and you lost some knee room in new version. The thigh is also little smaller than the old version. In both I felt my manhood squished.
    Force0321 and Snake Oiler like this.
  13. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, the review/evaluation of the new ITB Woodsman pant continues. One substantial fail of the new Woodsman pant is the dual pockets in the pant. Not a big issue but Holy Moly, what were they thinking?

The main thigh pockets in the front of the pant have a dual pocket. Little stuff can easily go in a secondary little pocket in the main pocket. The problem is that your hand (Large or XL or greater) can't access the little stuff in the small pocket. I pulled into a $.25 car wash to get the dust off before an oil change. Folks were waiting in line so I needed to be quick. All my quarters were in the little pocket and I couldn't get any of them out to feed the machine. People were honking and getting pissed, meanwhile I was F'ing around trying to get my hands in the little pocket to pull out a bunch of quarters to do my business. Same thing if your key is small and doesn't have a fob. Small problem in a great pant. I think I'll get out my sewing machine and add some Velcro to keep the little pocket closed unless I want to put something in them.

BTW, the zippered vents in the thigh work OK. Not as effective venting as a Klim Mohave mesh pant but close and way better in so many ways.
  14. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    man, I think the new woodsman are perfect fit wise. id say in general if revit fits you nicely youll like it. the last version had a low rise I didnt like while sitting, but these have rectified that. MM is right up there with the best of them. pretty amazing considering their apparel line is pretty new in comparison. they still listen to riders too.
    Sparrowhawk, TheGearDude and NCD like this.
  15. Bbrreenntt

Bbrreenntt Fuelling your Appetite for Adventure

Oddometer:
    I think we are starting a grassroots movement here. The breezy nature that Farmer John sought out is something I could get behind in this summer heat!
    TheGearDude likes this.
  16. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    not at all! I just think its difficult to make something everyone likes. honestly last time I had the woodsman I was a portlier chap, and I didnt like them nearly as much. I believe theyre closer to a euro fit for sure. at that time I liked klim's fit better, now klim fits me like a trash bag. Mosko has nailed it with the stretch material though. that helps a lot in general.
    Zubb, TheGearDude and NCD like this.
  17. sputnik62a

sputnik62a Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll throw my 2 cents into the new Woodsman pants - I have the ITB version. My EVS TP199 knee pads fit great under the pants. I find the rise on the waist to be comfortable. I'm 34" in every pant I buy and the Woodsman 34" fits me perfectly.

I absolutely love that the "phone" pocket in the thigh pocket is big enough to hold my iPhone 12 pro max.

The front/rear thigh vents felt amazing on the bike in 90+ temps - much better than the single vent on my Klim switchback pants
    TheGearDude and NCD like this.
  18. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll add my comments on the just rec'd Woodsman OTB. I wear 36x34 jeans typically, loose fit for me but comfy. I ordered the 36T Woodsman OTB and they fit great all around. I like the pockets, vent placement and the stretchy material is nice when swinging leg over bike. I was afraid they'd be low rise but they are not, IMO.
    The one concern I have is when I put them over my Leatt Dual Axis knee and shin armor. Snug around the knees. More so when seated on bike. See pics. An inch or two more circumference in knee area would be perfect.
    grab1045.jpg grab1046.jpg grab1047.jpg
    I really like the fit of the pants and perhaps thinner armor will allow more knee roominess. I'm keeping the pants. Now to search for that less bulky armor.
    cwk and TheGearDude like this.
  19. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but in actuality, the knee and thigh were expanded. This, I was assured of by our apparel team and took note of in the pairs I have worn so far. When shipments are received, sizes get pulled to confirm measurements match our specifications. Obviously, every pair does not get measured, so there is a chance yours could be an anomaly. If that's the case, we would love to get them back to investigate further and ensure nothing is out of spec from the factory.
    cwk and AdvMoto18 like this.
  20. AdvMoto18

Oddometer:
    The essence of a great company striving to be better!

Let us check, we'll make it right.

No matter how hard you try, there is always that ONE defective product that slips through the cracks and the most vocal, disgruntled customer receive IT. And that comment is NOT directed towards any inmate or Mosko customer! Just a general observation!
    Force0321, codebot and RyanC like this.