Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @AdvMoto18 , I agree this is how customer service should be done.

@TheGearDude, could you post the pertinent measurements here rather than shipping anything back and forth? Not only would that save plenty of CO2 but you could get a lot more data points from a lot of inmates taking five minutes at home instead of having a few pants shipped back to you.
    F650Dakar_Norway likes this.
  2. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, I wear the same knee pads and I didn’t even notice. I’ll have to pay closer attention next time.
  3. c-m

c-m Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do the woodsman pants have any abrasion resistance or are they just a set a pants to go over knee braces, and other armour?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  4. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are designed to go over separate armor. No crash protection is builds in, neither do they have “pockets” for armor.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  5. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    I know Pete has published videos (check out the MM Blog) discussing the various fabrics MM uses in the apparel lineup. Not sure there is a vid specific to the Woodsman...

Yet, I've tumbled on gravel, baby heads, dirt, sand and mud in my Woodsies and I can attest to the high degree of abrasion resistance in these trousers.

And as Spencer and others have posted, the Woodsman are designed to fit over (not included with Woodsman) protection/armor.

I wear "sleeved" (slide over the appendage) knee/shin soft armor from Leatt under my Woodsman. I found armor that slides into pockets moves too much and never seems to be in the proper location when I fall. The Leatt "sleeved" protection does not migrate when riding or during a fall.
    Force0321, TheGearDude and ZoomerP like this.
  6. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    @TheGearDude
    Is there an update on when the pico tank bag, Auxpox 5L, Molle storage pouch (LG) are scheduled to be back in stock?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  7. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This poor lizard...

PXL_20210705_132721457.jpg
    Dirt2007 and TheGearDude like this.
  8. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    From our Apparel Director regarding the Woodsman's abrasion resistance:
    -The Martindale test score for Schoeller fabric is 100,000 revs. (The Martindale method, also known as the Martindale rub test, simulates natural wear, in which the textile sample is rubbed against a standard abrasive surface with a specified force. The test equipment works in intervals of 5000 cycles, totaling the wear number (unit: Martindale) of abrasion cycles that lead to the material being worn to a specified degree. The higher the value, the more resistant the material is to abrasion.)
    -In another abrasion test (Schopper), Schoeller gets 10,000 revs with 1kg weight and 600grit sandpaper. (Schopper abrasion tester, which is also called Schopper abrasion resistance tester or Schopper rotary abrasion tester, is used to evaluate the abrasion resistance of materials under tension on a continuous contact movement for the tangent.)
    In English: Schoeller Fabric (body of the Woodsman) scores very similarly in these tests to 500d Cordura, which is widely known for its durability in motorcycle garment applications.
    Consensus: Schoeller is known for its great durability and high abrasion-resistant fabrics.

But also, yes, they are intended to be worn over independent armor.
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  9. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    That is a sad lizard! We had similar issues with some of the lizards on the original Basilisk jackets and early samples of our Workhorse jerseys that I believed to be resolved. Is that a first-gen pair of Woodsman, or are they new? Either way, let's get you a new pair. Slide on into my DM's, and we'll get it sorted.
    Force0321 and flamingm0e like this.
  10. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    We have Pico's and Aux Pox sitting in a container at our distribution warehouse just waiting to be received. I believe everyone thought they would be available by the end of this week, but a worker shortage has put that timetable in jeopardy. Short answer: Very Soon.
    I don't have any info on our 4L MOLLE pouches, but I will look into it.
    ZoomerP and cidi like this.
  11. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    I'm all in yo DMs. They are first gen Woodsman
    TheGearDude likes this.
  12. JHof44

JHof44 AlteredAdjuster

Oddometer:
    Whoa. I’ll definitely be sending business Mosko’s way after seeing this (when bags restock). Above and beyond service dude.
  13. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    This is one of the reasons I love supporting Mosko. They support the community in a way I haven't seen from many other vendors
  14. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    We do what we can! :dllama:
  15. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    TheGearDude likes this.
  16. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So what you're saying is that the luggage restock will happen while I am on the road next week ? :hmmmmm
    TheGearDude likes this.
  17. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    Smartphone will get the order in....
    Zubb and TheGearDude like this.
  18. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought I would post couple of pics of the versatility of my Stinger 22 bags mounted on 9EC7EE28-C6A1-42D9-9594-6ADCB215A0D1.jpeg 590B4592-B82D-4C8D-96CB-9D0F53FF31D4.jpeg my T7. Well ridden with no problems
  19. das&son

das&son Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FYI the luggage is available for order now. I was just able to order my backcountry 35’s this morning. I was happy to get them on the way for a upcoming for a trip next month.
    TheGearDude, amol and ZoomerP like this.
  20. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Available right meow...
    Force0321, ZoomerP and flamingm0e like this.