Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have an XL. and it fits over my armor about the same as if I am wearing an XL t shirt at home.
    So, yeh. I would recommend sizing down if you don't wear armor under it.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  2. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting! I really want to see if this will work now. Here's a picture of the plug on the Ectotherm:
    Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.30.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.29.24 AM.png

I think I might order one of those Milwaukee battery packs to experiment with as soon as we get our shipment of Ectotherms at the end of this month.

parkers30 and Sunaj like this.
  3. Skinnaird

Skinnaird n00b

Oddometer:

Thanks! I just assumed it was the same as the plugs used for laptops, etc. (Unless it IS the same, and I've just had the name wrong this whole time. When I think "coax" I think of something threaded (cable TV) or with a lock mechanism (old school security cameras, etc...)).
    TheGearDude likes this.
  4. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    From what I recall, Warm and Safe was the first to use these style connectors on heated gear and other makers followed suit. The main reason, if I'm remembering right, was that they will disconnect easily (much easier than SAE connectors) if the rider forgets to unplug when they get off the bike.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  5. Danen450X

Danen450X Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s called a Type M barrel 5.5 mm connector.
    TheGearDude, Xcelite and Zubb like this.
  6. Xcelite

Xcelite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is the correct answer. Coaxial refers to the wiring, not the connector on the end of it.

My Gerbing heated vest uses a barrel connector to it's battery pack. I don't know what the voltage is but it's around the size of a credit card but an inch thick.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  7. twinrider

Oddometer:
    In any case, when it comes to heated gear they're commonly called coax connectors. :1drink
    TheGearDude likes this.
  8. TrevorG

TrevorG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cant explain how excited I am mosko is coming out with a heated jacket. As an all year rider im sick of freezing my nuts off and have been in the market for one. All the options seem pretty flimsy. This is an instant buy for me. Love the idea that its a standalone jacket as well.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. twinrider

Oddometer:
    They're flimsy because they're liners designed to wear under a jacket. That makes them extremely flexible as you can wear any jacket you like above them. That also protects them from crash damage, unlike a standalone.
    TheGearDude, thelastfoiter and levain like this.
  10. TrevorG

TrevorG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh yes I know that, but I mean reading reviews it seems like most of them fail pretty early/often.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  11. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't see the new ectotherm on the website?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  12. twinrider

Oddometer:
    What brand were those? I've had a Warm and Safe Gen liner since 2014, no problems. Lots of friends using them too. The Gerbing I got about 5 years ago is still going strong as well, ditto for a buddy of mine who's had his for years. An ancient Aerostich vest I got around 2010 and sold to a friend when I got the W&S is still working too.
    TheGearDude and levain like this.
  13. Sunaj

Sunaj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy crap Mosko Moto!

You guys are truly awesome. I snapped one of the 38mm buckles on my 11 months old R80 (I am the great destroyer of bags mind you) and reached out to Mosko Moto EU.

Within the hour(!!!) I did not only get a friendly reply, two replacements were already ordered with a tracking code.

That’s just ridiculous good service. Really guys, out of this world.

This is on top of great products, transparency, and community input product development.

I’m a fan.
  14. Raconnol

Raconnol Long timer

Oddometer:
    First, let me say as a long-time MM customer, I love how engaged Team MM is with their customers.

I started using Gerbings Jacket liner and electric gloves back in 1996. Back then, the Gerbing family would host a booth every year at the Vancouver (BC) Motorcycle Show. Ms. Gerbings would trace a customer's hands over a piece of paper and then cut and sew a custom set of electric gloves on the spot. Great family, great customer service, and great products.

Both my wife and I had a set, and the pic below was our ride into West Yellowstone in June of 98 for the ride into Milwaukee for HD's 95 Anniversary party.
    We were the only couple to arrive in West Yellowstone and warm and toasty. This was also the ride the Davidson family discovered Gerbings, ordered several sets to be delivered overnight and then later bought into the company.

I sold the HD, kept and upgraded the Gerbings and now have a Wing, Tiger 800 and WR250R. All my bikes are set up to run our electrical gear. I also have a Firstgear Remote Dual Heat Troller that I find invaluable.
    The yellow knob is for the Jacket (Yellow Jacket is easy to remember), and the red knob is for the gloves.

Would people use electric gloves? Once they have them, then the answer is often. My current Gerbings jacket line has zippers on the bottom of each sleeve so that when not in use, the connections for the gloves are stored out of the way. This was a great improvement over the original jacket liner that did not include this feature.

For me (and my wife), dialling up and down the heat is very important. Driving along the California coast or any coast, the temperature can change quickly depending on fog and the direction of the wind.
    The Wing has an alternator that is as big as most family cars, so the jacket and gloves get far too hot a full power. Even solo on the little WR puts out enough extra amps to make full heat too much for much of the cold riding season.
    The fact is, I only bought the WR after confirming it had the amps to run my electric gear, as I wanted a small bike specifically to run here in the winter when the trails are too slick for the Tiger.

I will ride the Tiger and WR in snow. So during high-speed drives to the trails, heated gloves are a must-have (and so nice to have) at that time of the year. As soon as I start standing up and working on the trails, I need to dial down the heat quickly, and as the trails ease up and the speeds increase, I am back on the dials. Many factors require independent control of the gloves and the jacket. Again, once you have this feature, you will never want to go back.

Now that I have been riding with electric gear for 25 years, my critical questions to MM are:

1) What is the warranty period and repair process?
    The original (now Gordons) Gerbings family has a lifetime warranty; Gerbings corporate change that to sort of a lifetime warranty.

2) How durable is the Ectotherm heated clothing? Difficult question as the product is so new. However, my gear only needed one (free to me) replacement in 25 years of use.
    3) Electric Gloves are super important, as noted above.
    4) I am assuming that a wireless heat controller would remain fully functional with the Ectotherm switched to high. Another important function for me, and finally.
    5) Hot spots. The first-gen Gerbings would suffer from hot spots in the gloves and jacket liner. Spots in the gloves would feel a lot like painfully little blusters were forming. All that was really happening was painful little red spots, but they could get dad uncomfortable. Hot patches in the jacket liner could feel like wearing a black cotton shirt under the Arizona Summer Sun. This would occur when it was darn cold outside, and a high power/heat setting was required to stay warm. Most of the jacket would feel perfect, but there could be baseball to goofball-sized hot sports that hurt enough to be bothersome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TheGearDude, STLR, levain and 2 others like this.
  15. Raconnol

Raconnol Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a couple of questions regarding my Firstgear Remote Dual Heat Troller.
    I use 3M industrial strength (Dual-Lock) fastener tape. The none throttle side is ideal, but for some bikes, the right side is more practical.

For the Goldwing (with Cruise control), I have a small strip of female tape on top of the right side brake reservoir. Tape is all that is required.

For the Tiger (with Cruise control), I found the best place is on the front brake reservoir's side (facing the rider).
    When I am planning on real off-road riding, I will add a nylon zap strap, so there is zero risk of this falling off.

[​IMG]

The WR has minimal dash space, does not have cruise control (Throttle lock, etc.) and only comes with two rider modes..... off and on!
    The 3M tape works well on my 3G IMS tank, and I can stand up and have no clearance issues with hitting or bumping the controller.
    If the riding gets nasty, I just put the controller inside a jacket pocket and carry on.
    Note the electric gloves below.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps.

Rick
    TheGearDude likes this.
  16. twinrider

Oddometer:
    I usually mount my remote heat troller on my clutch master cylinder. I default to the brake master cylinder if the clutch isn't hydraulic (my XT250).
    TheGearDude and Raconnol like this.
  17. twinrider

Oddometer:
    That seat looks great, who makes it?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  18. Raconnol

Raconnol Long timer

Oddometer:
    TheGearDude likes this.
  19. twinrider

Oddometer:
    TheGearDude and Raconnol like this.
  20. Danen450X

Danen450X Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anymore input about workhorse Jersey sizing without armor?
    TheGearDude likes this.