Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not really. My armor was bought from MM also. Forcefield is pretty thick stuff.
    https://moskomoto.com/collections/apparel/products/forcefield-ex-k-harness-adv-1

Based on my size and shape (6'2" / 220lb), I have a closet full of XL Tshirts that fit me just comfortably loose but not baggy. So I ordered the workhorse in an XL and it fits and hangs over my armor similar to my XL t-shirts I wear daily. If I wanted to wear the workhorse without armor I would definitely order a Large size as the XL would look like I was wearing a tent.

Hope that helps.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  2. JHof44

JHof44 AlteredAdjuster

Oddometer:
    ^Agreed. I wear a medium in all of my shirts and ordered a medium Workhorse to wear over my Leatt 5.5. It fits perfect over the armor (I'm 5'10 155). If I wanted to wear the Workhorse without armor for some reason, I would size down. It isn't huge compared to a regular medium shirt, but has some decent stretch to it to accommodate the armor.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  3. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Right, the Ectotherm is still a layering piece when riding. It's meant to be worn under a jacket like a Basilisk or Rak.
    TrevorG and twinrider like this.
  4. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Consulting our apparel guru Scottie B for more technical info, but I just wanted to say those pictures are badass! I will hopefully have some additional info for you shortly.

Raconnol likes this.
  5. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    I would go down one size if I weren't wearing armor. (Even though I always wear armor :dllama:)
  6. jeepmedic

jeepmedic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do use headed gloves, but I also live in WI and commute in the morning when its 45-50 degrees. Long mileage HWY days also get cold and its nice to plug my gloves in. My heated grips are good, but the gloves make a huge difference. I think you may capture some sales, for those of us who do a lot more road/gravel travel.

I also use my heated gear for plowing in the winter :)
    TheGearDude likes this.
  7. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since this has become a thread about electric gloves (for now), has any of you electric glove wearers tried Hippo Hands? Or, more specifically, tried both : Hippo Hands versus heated gloves? I think a comparison is in order here. I bought electric glove liners last winter for skiing (battery powered, obviously) and was considering buying a larger pair of moto gloves to wear over those liners. But I've found Hippo Hands and heated grips sufficient for any weather I'm going to ride through. Hippo Hands are bulky to carry uninstalled but so are extra gloves (and in my case, liners). Does Mosko Moto need to reinvent Hippo Hands for enduro travel bikes?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  8. Sunaj

Sunaj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m at Discover Overland in the Netherlands this weekend and had the chance to try the Woodsman Enduro pant (in the boot). Sadly to say it does not provide enough room for my knee braces.

The pant does go over it, and it has stretch. But in the seated position it needed all the stretch and felt uncomfortable at the back knee / knee pit.

Tried both the 34 (my regular size) and 36 waist. Both are too snuck at the knee.

My knee braces are the Alpine Stars Fluid Pro, and I compare the Woodsman to my ‘19 Klim Dakar ITB size 34.

Very nice pants though! The colors are awesome, I want one when it fits.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I am noting that model knee brace to pass along to our apparel team. We made adjustments between last year and this year in hopes of alleviating this type of fit issue, but obviously, there's still work to be done. The challenge is trying to keep the pants streamlined while accomodating a wide range of armor/braces. Thank you for the feedback.
    ZoomerP likes this.
  10. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Have you seen the new HH models? I don't feel there's a need for reinventing this product since they have come out with new models like the Backcountry. (Pretty cool name also) I have these with heated grips, and I am happy with that combo, but I don't commute or put in big slab miles regularly.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 1.19.42 PM.png
  11. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Hippo Hands and heated grips are the bees knees. No need to wear big bulky gloves. I hate riding with i em mitts on….Bulky gloves defeat the heated grips. Since no wind is hitting your hands you wear summer gloves and yiur hands are toasty. When you get off the highway there is no need to switch gloves just turn the grips off.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  12. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    A little more clarification regarding the Ectotherm wiring harness:
    This harness will be included with the Ectotherm. We will also sell an adapter that will allow you to connect to your battery tender (SAE) to keep your battery charged during storage.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.21.34 AM.png
    JP4 likes this.
  13. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    . . . and under your armor similar to the Jackaloft . . . right? Cause electrics work best when closest to the skin.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  14. Bdmoody

Bdmoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How many amps will the Ecotherm draw on a low setting (assuming there is a high/low) setting that is.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  15. spuh

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this. Mine are starting to fall apart after decades, maybe it's time to modernise?
    TheGearDude likes this.
  16. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Correct, intended to be worn under armor and close to the skin. Obviously, you could wear it over armor, but it would likely be less effective.
    Zubb likes this.
  17. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Great question! I have no idea! :lol3
    I will try to find out.
  18. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    The new ones are great, I highly recommend them!
  19. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    From the man himself, Scottie B:

1.) The Warranty will be the same as all our other apparel. (2-year repair/replace guarantee, limited lifetime, etc.)

2.) Durability... Hard to say really. I am not sure how to quantify that. It is essentially a puffy jacket with heat. Puffies are not inherently known for durability though I know we deliver well on durability when compared to the same category.

3.) We do not offer any glove or accessory connections. It is a stand-alone heated jacket designed to be used in conjunction with heated grips or Wind blockers like Hippo hands.

4.) Our jacket will work with the Venture Heat Wireless controller. Others have not been confirmed. We do not sell the remote and do not intend to. We believe the simplicity of the on-body control to be enough

5.) In testing we have not experienced any hot spots. The heat panels are large and offer very consistent, even heat throughout.
    This does highlight for me that with this piece we will attract some serious cold-weather riders. We have never intended this as a dead of winter item. It is a bit of what separates us from the other heated garment MFGs. we tried to make the simplest heated jacket without all the bells and whistles. To streamline the design into something you are willing to take on any shoulder season ADV ride, rather than endlessly debating if it is going to get cold enough to want the heat, and worth taking up the space in your bag. That's why it is a fully functional insulated jacket in addition to 12V of heat.
    One jacket to do the work of your heated liner and your camp puffy.

Raconnol, parkers30 and Sunaj like this.
  20. spuh

Oddometer:
    I'll get a pair, just debating the merits of the longer two options; is the extra bulk to pack away worth the extra warmth they'd add?
    TheGearDude likes this.