Mosko Moto Soft Bags for Offroad & Dualsport

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sideoff, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Bbrreenntt

Bbrreenntt Fuelling your Appetite for Adventure

Oddometer:
    @Sideoff I love these updates. Keep building awesome and unique things. @TheGearDude I zoomed and squinted, but just couldn't locate the Trailslayer ADV Overalls in the upcoming apparel, hehehehe:imaposer:rilla

Hopefully next summer the border will be open and we can ride down and see scenic White Salmon!
    TheGearDude likes this.
  2. das&son

das&son Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Gear Guy any talk of Mosko coming out with your own line of armor?
  3. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TheGearDude and GSmotomind like this.
  4. das&son

das&son Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw that and that’s what got me wondering if there would be finished products ready for spring of 22.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  5. TheGearDude

TheGearDude Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know the precise timeline for our new armor, but it's in the works! Stay tuned for more updates in this space.
  6. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interested to see how it comes out but I can't see giving up my Dianese any time soon.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  7. comradecasey

comradecasey Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just popping in to show my mounting solution of the 4L aux pox to the @Perun racks I posted in the KTM subforum. Super happy with my decision to go through with it even if they aren't bright orange :rofl

Drilled and tapped the racks (7/8 bit, M6x1.0 tap for stock Mosko hardware):

[​IMG]

(Yes I cleaned up all the aluminum shavings after :rofl )

Mosko hardware sits close enough to flush with the racks which is lovely:

[​IMG]

Not really necessary, but I used a soldering iron to make another hole at the bottom of the bag holder to fix another M6x1.0 bolt provided with the aux pox to the rack:

[​IMG]

The reason it is not so necessary is that the racks have a wonderful enclosure at the very top that the bag holders can loop through to ensure that the bag holder and bag stay affixed to the bike in the case of my D&T job failing:

[​IMG]

And here is the L side mounted:

[​IMG]

Anyways, super happy with the setup. I prefer to not ride with the R40 everywhere mostly because if it isn't loaded it doesn't look as good :D These on the other hand are pretty sleek, small, and can hold enough Baltika and sprats when I stop by the Russian market on my way home and lets me skip riding with a backpack / R40 if I plan on stopping somewhere.
  8. OldBarKeep

OldBarKeep A Focker

Oddometer:
    I have a DR650 with Procycle top and side racks on her. I think the Reckless 10L would be about perfect for my everyday carry. Do you know if anyone has had success with that combination? In particular how much seat do I lose to the beavertail?
    Thanks!
    OldBarKeep
    TheGearDude likes this.
  9. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    Howdy @OldBarKeep, If you don't get any response in this space you can always try our Facebook Riders Group.
    OldBarKeep likes this.
  10. RiderSailor

RiderSailor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just back from a 1,500 mile Northern New England Fall Foliage 1st Big On-Road/Off Road Ride through ME, NH, and VT with my new 1250 GS Triple Black. Loved the Reckless 80 and Nomax Tank Bag. IMO, they go together quite well!

Wondering for future reference: Any experience using the Backcountry 40 ver 1 with the Reckless 80? How did it work out?

(This is Bucksport, ME with the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the background — fun to ride across. Great views on a better day.)

0E07C8EF-95A8-4831-8B5E-BAAB4B5E515E.jpeg
  11. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    IMG_3343.jpg
    Using my Mosko pocket on my trail crew rig.
    Looks right at home!
    TheGearDude and Snake Oiler like this.
  12. Scerina

Scerina Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any plans to add the AUX POX-4L to the Reckless 40R (same as the 80R)?
    Please consider eliminating the sewn-in exterior pocket (odd size) and incorporating the AUX POX-4L (on the underside).
    The option to detach the AUX POX 4-L would make the R40 sleek 1-day pack or attach them for longer trips.
    I'd be willing to pay a higher price point to have the versatility of the AUX POX's. Thanks for your consideration.

mosko-moto-hardware-aux-pox-4l-28271861727293_1200x.jpg
    comradecasey, TheGearDude and ZoomerP like this.
  13. NSFW

NSFW Death Valley Noobs Rally 2022 Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    that hurts but glad to hear Bear didn't need surgery. luckily he's a bear and won't take long to get on his paws again. i may still have his mobile # and send him a get-well-soon message.

on another note, i just finished a 90-day moto tour of the Balkans and my Backcountry served me well. it doubles as a woman magnet too....:lol2

somewhere in northern Albania
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Montenegro border crossing
    [​IMG]

saw a lot more Backcountry this year compared to 2 years ago. didn't see any Reckless...hopefully they're out there.

at a Horizons Unlimited gathering in Romania and this Romanian rider presented his trip to Magadan
    [​IMG]

from the same event, another Romanian rider, sorry bags not shown
    [​IMG]

a new friend Federico from Italy and camp neighbor in Maribor Slovenia. he's @Zero HighWays here on the forum.
    [​IMG]

Federico is documenting his RTW trip on YT...let's wish him the best and likes....:D

14. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    I am not sure if this was due to a lack of real estate on the backside of the R40 legs, or possibly siding with simplicity, but I am sure there must be an explanation. I agree that the 4L Aux Pox would only make sense and be a great way to add/remove capacity. I will check with the design team to see if they have any plans to add them to the next version.
    Emgo, Scerina and ZoomerP like this.
  15. TheGearDude

Oddometer:
    This magnetic force you speak of is a well-documented feature of the Backcountry Panniers, but one we can neither take credit for nor explain. :lol3

Very nice to see so many riders running our luggage at travel events and we love seeing the bags at border crossings!

NSFW likes this.
  16. TSConver

TSConver Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any update on an attachment made for use with 2016 gsa standard rack. You mentioned a few pages back you were working on a system to mount directly to the factory rack.
    TheGearDude likes this.
  17. Bdmoody

Bdmoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mosko for the bringing the gear to Charlotte today so some of us eastern adventurers could check out the gear in person. Seeing and trying on the apparel was especially helpful. BTW, JC did a great job showing the gear and running the Meetup.

Ride safe,

Brad
    Columbia, SC
    ZoomerP likes this.
  18. Donmeredith74

Donmeredith74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll echo what Brad said above. I came from Greenville, SC to Charlotte for the event. It was good to meet a few new people and see more of the Mosko line in person. Thanks for making the effort to connect with the community & create a nice event.

Are there any new tail bags in the works? I was looking at repurposing the Nomax as a tail bag today but I'm guessing a purpose built Mosko bag would be way more rad...

Don
    TheGearDude, Bdmoody and ZoomerP like this.
  19. Scerina

Scerina Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for checking to see if the POX AUX could be included in the next iteration. Based on the measurements of the side of the R40, they should fit. This addition would be a noticeable improvement.
    ZoomerP likes this.
  20. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Will y’all have product for sale at the Atlanta IMS this weekend or is it more of a display situation? Looking forward to seeing this stuff in person! You’re in town for some of the best weather we get all year! I hope you make it up to the mountains for some riding.
    TheGearDude likes this.